Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How Has The Queen Dying Personally Affected You?

moonsi til

worked it out now!
With the Queen passing there have been many cancelled events & some a bit WTF why they cancelled.

I have not been greatly affected I think there might be parts of what I’m visiting today closed but it’s a free event & still worth going but had a wobble yesterday as I have planned an away day at work which is a massive undertaking for Tuesday 20th September. I will still need to work the Monday to prep but will take the day off in lieu.

No , I don't hang around near Buckingham Palace or St James' Palace , where all the action seems to be atm. I'm not likely to be near Westminster Abbey when she shuffles off . Those areas are easily avoidable.

No , I don't hang around near Buckingham Palace or St James' Palace , where all the action seems to be atm. I'm not likely to be near Westminster Abbey when she shuffles off . Those areas are easily avoidable.
My friend has been waiting for her PIP assessment for months it was supposed to go ahead on the nineteenth but we are assuming it won't.Personally I don't expect to be directly affected .I would like to think that the seven days of holiday I get in lieu of public holidays would be increased this year to eight but so far as I can ascertain my employers are not obliged to do that and therefore won't do that.

Mainly just run out of catch up tv to watch, and bit perplexed at the TV schedule as there's no way I'm watching a coffin being driven from Scotland to London. Drag race Canada & down under seem to be delayed?? But don't think that's to do with the queen. We've resorted to the masked dancer ffs.

Mainly just run out of catch up tv to watch, and bit perplexed at the TV schedule as there's no way I'm watching a coffin being driven from Scotland to London. Drag race Canada & down under seem to be delayed?? But don't think that's to do with the queen. We've resorted to the masked dancer ffs.
There's a ton of freely available stuff on the iplayer, archive.org, YouTube (loads of telly and films), and the other free catch-up services. Plus amazon,Netflix, Disney etc if you're up for paying. Bfi player has some great films on it

i had already booked monday 19th off as holiday - need to see if that gets changed to bank holiday and i get a day's holiday back

i'm also going to have to sort out some bus services for the bank holiday - whether things are going to be sunday service or saturday service or what. somewhere between the two / special timetable means more work...

I meant to be a work on the 19th i go by bus as I dont drive so looks like I might have to book a holiday for that day

Emotionally, not a thing. And unless you were a friend or family it hasn't emotionally effected you. So can we just stop this now... please.

You won't get far telling people that they oughtn't to be emotional about something.

Such deaths typically remind people of the deaths or impending deaths of friends or family, or of their own mortality.

If you chose a particular moment to be emotional about something private, perhaps something that reminded you of a loved one, you probably wouldn't look kindly on people telling you to "just stop this now please".

You won't get far telling people that they oughtn't to be emotional about something.

Such deaths typically remind people of the deaths or impending deaths of friends or family, or of their own mortality.

If you chose a particular moment to be emotional about something private, perhaps something that reminded you of a loved one, you probably wouldn't look kindly on people telling you to "just stop this now please".
Fairs do's. I've had my fair share of family and friends deaths over recent years, and this means nothing to me in relation to those events. I guess I'm just out of step. So I'll wind my neck in. As you were.

Pretty certain that the bank holiday will wipe out our contingency day for payroll. I might see if I can work it for the bunce

My husband may have his dentist appointment cancelled. Some FB people decided I was evil and driven by hatred for being not especially moved by the death of an old lady I didn't know; that filled an hour or so.. Otherwise life amidst the holiday makers goes on as usual.

A community event that I was looking forward to was cancelled yesterday which I felt was unnecessary and a shame.

I'm due to be working on 19th, unless we close, which is fine by me especially as I'll get extra money!

Have felt my usual levels of perplexity about how much the royals mean to some people. I'm hoping for/looking forward to a day off work a week tomorrow. But, yeah, that's about it.

Very true. Nothing like Brexit and the streets packed with flag waving zombies to make you realise what a minority camp you are in.

I'll be spending the day entertaining the kids, eating nice food and avoiding the media and outdoors for fear of being lynched for not being in enough grief.

Turns out I may get to stay home for a bit longer as all the events I was booked for have been cancelled or persponed for the next two weeks....going to hit me financially but I'm sure the kids will be over the moon 😁

My local parkrun was cancelled yesterday,as all on National Trust land were. I had to drive ten minutes further to a different one

Back
Top Bottom