Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot Dogs

Do You Like Hot Dogs?

• Total voters
Never buy them. Same with supermarket 'burger buns' :mad: I usually get my hotdog buns from Greggs which are cheap and excellent.

Today I will pick up four excellent white baps from the bakers for burgers.
Gregg's rolls are part baked and frozen then finished off in the shop.

Gregg's rolls are part baked and frozen then finished off in the shop.
Most are these days. The Greggs ones are better than most options and certainly most the supermarket offerings.

My local (very good) bakery makes a good range of excellent baps, rolls and loaves but not a 'sub' hotdog roll sadly.

Got a couple of jars of 'Dino's Famous Big Dogs' on offer #haggling from Sainsbury's recently.
Not eaten them yet as they are fairly big so require a decent roll to facilitate them.

snapshotimagehandler_1729717538.jpeg

We're celebrating my release from a hated job this weekend, along with a day of horror movies and treats for halloween. Wife has demanded hot dogs, which is absolutely fine with me. Anyone got any recommendations for decent dogs/buns/condiments etc.?

Usually we go with Herta jumbo frankfurters and brioche buns, which I'm sure will divide opinion

15259011_0_1280x1280.jpg

We often go for chopped pickles, cheese, ketchup and mustard, but it's pretty indulgent really.

Wikinger dogs are decent enough and you can get a jar of 6 from Poundland, Iceland or other budget soopermarkets :)

As for the buns I would check Greggs as they do a decent soft sub roll.

Try to get some French's Classic Mild Yellow Mustard if you don't have it.
Google 'New York Cart Onions' for a really complete HD experience.

Wikinger dogs are decent enough and you can get a jar of 6 from Poundland, Iceland or other budget soopermarkets :)

As for the buns I would check Greggs as they do a decent soft sub roll.

Try to get some French's Classic Mild Yellow Mustard if you don't have it.
Google 'New York Cart Onions' for a really complete HD experience.
Good tips! I will have to make a trip around various shops on Saturday morning.

Good tips! I will have to make a trip around various shops on Saturday morning.
Should be able to get a jar of 6 decent sized dogs for a quid.

If you are of a mind then getting Currywurst sauce is a good investment. Better than ketchup and peps the dogs up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom