Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hondo's plans for a huge tower on Pope's Road, Brixton and the Brixton Project

Thank you for praising my insights. I really only treat the companies register as if it were Google or Duck Duck Go.

Regarding the company formerly known as Good Planners Ltd - it was indeed dissolved on 23rd April 2019.
The request to strike off/dissolve seems to have come from Cllr Simpson's husband
View attachment 236610
Regarding whether Cllr Simpson is still involved in planning work comerically - who can say?
She could be working in planning unincorporated (unlikely - in case of being sued)
She could be simply living on councillor's allowances without working for anyone at all.

If anyone has a lead on a possible employer I will check it out.
Has anyone looked to see if she has a profile on LinkedIn?

Has anyone looked to see if she has a profile on LinkedIn?
I haven't - but personally I think the idea that a planning councillor has disreputable motives and/or conflicts or interest is not the issue here.

Rather the issue is that the council officers appear to have embraced wholesale unfettered regeneration and in doing so junked the council's previous ploicy - which evolved over years of public conultation.

My outrage is that Lambeth's unelected officials are taking their cue from the current govenment in pushing stuff through with no constituional elected authority.

Presumably the officials think we will eventually be so enamoured of the MegaTower that everything will just settle down.
The planning committee needs to push back to tell them where to get off.

I don't think undermining councillors on the committee will bnecessarily acheive this.

I must say watching the officer presentation is rather like watch the QVC shopping channel.
He is selling it - whereas he should be pointing out how it does not fit with the Lambeth Local Plan.

Just got in watching the PAC now.

Officers now enthusing about the design changes to the crap Tower

I must say watching the officer presentation is rather like watch the QVC shopping channel.
He is selling it - whereas he should be pointing out how it does not fit with the Lambeth Local Plan.

What is amusing is same officers thought last design was great.

Whatever McWilliams wants officers will support. They would polish McWilliams shoes if he asked.

Jesus I wish officers would get on with it.

Now showing lovely views of the Tower.

Are officers now estate agents?

:p

• Wow
Reactions: CH1
Onto wind mitigation. My question is why our shit hot officers did not sort this out to present to the first PAC meeting?

Was this an oversight?

Big speech by officers on how McWilliams is bringing more benefits than heritage harm.

I really despise these officers.

They are working for Hondo tonight.

Hondo are giving beyond the minimum requirements for social benefits that are required by planning.

Officers saying they are making value judgement.

I don't think officers should go against local plan.

The Stararchitect Sir Adjaye himself has turned up.

Brixton is honoured.

:thumbs:

He says his design will be an anchor for Brixton community.

Fuck off.

Who is Karl Lokko. Apparently Brixton born. Here to fully support scheme.

Accuses objectors of being from the leafier parts of the borough. Ie middle class.

Where did Hondo get this guy from?

Who is Karl Lokko. Apparently Brixton born. Here to fully support scheme.

Accuses objectors of being from the leafier parts of the borough. Ie middle class.

Where did Hondo get this guy from?
He's either a neighbour of editor or Angell Town. He's been around on knife crime issues for several years.

Cllr Simpson asks about need for office space post Covid.

Officer reply. Large residential population means office space within walking and cycle distance is needed. Central London space demand will reduce.

Cllr Simpson follow up question. Evidence of demand? What about WFH?

Answer. Brixton is Creative Enterprise Zone. Officer giving anecdotes. So imo not evidence. But officer anecdotes based on his chats with business.

Cllr Seedat asks good question on permitted development rights.

That is can Hondo change office space to flats?

I thought it ironic that officer saying Lambeth's stock of offices had gone down.
Lambeth Planning itself vacated Courtney House on Brixton Hill and allowed it to be turned into residential - twenty years ago.
Then there's all the office buildings on Albert Embankment turned to residential.

BTW I thought Helen Hayes was good. Unfortunately my link went down about two thirds of the way through her rapid-fire tirade.

Officer reply to Cllr Kind on wind mitigation.

I'm lost. Apparently will be another planning application on the public space. So wind mitigation will come up then.

So Cllr Kind is right to question this.

Hondo and officers answer is that they are clueless.

FFS

Back
Top Bottom