Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hit me with places to get cool t-shirts

I like wearing fictional logo t-shirts so half my stuff is from Last Exit to Nowhere.

See my OH loves this sort of thing, he's got a t with a Soylent Corporation logo on it which he loves (I bought it as a gift for him at some point cos I saw it and knew it would go down well!)

Oh also a Dharma t-shirt, with the logo small on the front and the numbers on the back - he's mad for that sort of shit :D

See my OH loves this sort of thing, he's got a t with a Soylent Corporation logo on it which he loves (I bought it as a gift for him at some point cos I saw it and knew it would go down well!)

Oh also a Dharma t-shirt, with the logo small on the front and the numbers on the back - he's mad for that sort of shit :D

If I’m going to wear advertising it might as well be made up :thumbs:

I have so many ideas for logos and stuff but no skills to translate that to photoshop reality

Depressingly, whilst all those links have quality Ts, I'm a fat bastard and wont fit into any of them.

Clearly the prints are quality but the sizing sucks. Sorry they're bringing you down. I have other sizing issues (not with t-shirts, short legs) and for all the choice garms we're flooded with, size (and shape!) selection is still based on a mythical 'standard person'.

Who wouldn’t want to wear this?!

il_794xN.3663867903_qke2.jpg

I don’t wear standard tees anymore as I generally stretch the necks on them due to incompetence of how I put them on or remove them I guess. So pretty much just polo shirts nowadays. Fred Perry might be pricey but they last for years.

I just wear plain colour t shirts.
I've currently got 2 navy 2 royal blue and 2 black. Boring.

I used to get t shirts from the Hairy Baby shop in Cork. Had a lovely one with Jessica Fletcher on it. DONT MESS WITH JESS...

They do a Fr Ted range.
Not looked at the site for years but here ya go.
some t shirts make sense if you are Irish.

I just wear plain colour t shirts.
I've currently got 2 navy 2 royal blue and 2 black. Boring.

I used to get t shirts from the Hairy Baby shop in Cork. Had a lovely one with Jessica Fletcher on it. DONT MESS WITH JESS...

They do a Fr Ted range.
Not looked at the site for years but here ya go.
some t shirts make sense if you are Irish.

There's some funny shirts in there.

My dad would be raging at this one though. Beans are English!

1687104019413.png

Clearly the prints are quality but the sizing sucks. Sorry they're bringing you down. I have other sizing issues (not with t-shirts, short legs) and for all the choice garms we're flooded with, size (and shape!) selection is still based on a mythical 'standard person'.

Body image is a thing for geezers too. I'm using the wider range of clothing choice as a motivation to drop weight. Would love to dress better.

Who wouldn’t want to wear this?!

il_794xN.3663867903_qke2.jpg

I'd wear that in a heartbeat!

Thanks people, I've picked up some great links. Some that haven't been mentioned:
  • RipNDip. Skatewear is fun full stop but this line is extra cute.
  • Drop Dead. Creepy clothing from Sheffield, I think.
  • Literary Emporium. Tees for bookworms. I'm 5'5" and found size S too long.
  • P&Co. Got my dad one of these, he likes it. Sizing runs large - I'm a UK size 8/S, and size XXS was way too big on me.
  • Dirty Velvet. Odd, interesting designs.

Body image is a thing for geezers too. I'm using the wider range of clothing choice as a motivation to drop weight. Would love to dress better.

True dat. But it's also a truth universally acknowledged that a person looks best when they dress for the body they have rather than the body they want. My partner didn't believe this and kept buying smaller t-shirts because that was his pre-pandemic size. Then he tried a bigger size and was amazed how much better he looked in it. Many people can drop weight, but also many can't - sometimes it's a biological impossibility. I just wish that companies: 1) stocked more sizes; 2) had more designs in different sizes so people can freely express themselves through clothing; 3) created different patterns for larger sizes - they often will just 'size up' a regular size, which is a cheap and lazy way of doing it, and that's why a lot of plus size clothing looks unattractive and hangs off a person like a potato sack. If a pattern is cut specifically to the size, the clothing looks so much better on a person. TL;DR: it's not the people that are the wrong size, it's the clothing.

Thanks people, I've picked up some great links. Some that haven't been mentioned:
  • P&Co. Got my dad one of these, he likes it. Sizing runs large - I'm a UK size 8/S, and size XXS was way too big on me.

True dat. But it's also a truth universally acknowledged that a person looks best when they dress for the body they have rather than the body they want. My partner didn't believe this and kept buying smaller t-shirts because that was his pre-pandemic size. Then he tried a bigger size and was amazed how much better he looked in it. Many people can drop weight, but also many can't - sometimes it's a biological impossibility. I just wish that companies: 1) stocked more sizes; 2) had more designs in different sizes so people can freely express themselves through clothing; 3) created different patterns for larger sizes - they often will just 'size up' a regular size, which is a cheap and lazy way of doing it, and that's why a lot of plus size clothing looks unattractive and hangs off a person like a potato sack. If a pattern is cut specifically to the size, the clothing looks so much better on a person. TL;DR: it's not the people that are the wrong size, it's the clothing.

Dirty velvet is cool, like it.

One for Orang Utan

Libearian. :D

1687108549801.png

It's a thing for all genders tbh - women's clothing you often find once you get above size 18 it's all really fucking unflattering - just cos I've got a big tummy and hips doesn't mean I need 10 acres of fabric flapping around my upper thighs! Also just cos I am bigger in some measurements, do not assume I have big tits or wide shoulders or long legs!!! A lot of it is scaled up wrong.

I know sizing of clothes is a very real issue for blokes too so I wasn't wanting to kind of skate over that, just expressing yeah I understand that vibes. Clothing manufacturers often just increase all the dimensions of stuff for bigger sizes (mens and womens fit) without considering how it might actually look when worn.

It's a thing for all genders tbh - women's clothing you often find once you get above size 18 it's all really fucking unflattering - just cos I've got a big tummy and hips doesn't mean I need 10 acres of fabric flapping around my upper thighs! Also just cos I am bigger in some measurements, do not assume I have big tits or wide shoulders or long legs!!! A lot of it is scaled up wrong.

I know sizing of clothes is a very real issue for blokes too so I wasn't wanting to kind of skate over that, just expressing yeah I understand that vibes. Clothing manufacturers often just increase all the dimensions of stuff for bigger sizes (mens and womens fit) without considering how it might actually look when worn.

Ah yes, I was talking about both genders, I'm not a dude. Clothing businesses fuck us all over! And you're totally right.

Ah yes, I was talking about both genders, I'm not a dude. Clothing businesses fuck us all over! And you're totally right.

Sorry mate, don't know why I assumed you were talking about men's clothing! My bad. The points we have both raised are relevant for all plus size clothing though :)

Back
Top Bottom