Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Think I saw something on the HHF re. Tantalizer - but still some sort of food thing.

Went to the lido for a post work swim - got turned away as it was closed for further admissions (at 6) because of the film screening at nine pm. Not a happy punter. Nothing on the BLU twitter or the lido FB page to say it was closing early.

On the positive, I bumped into Rushy for the first time in a while - nice to see you, new neighbour! Apologies for still being in my swimming togs.

If anyone from the pub knows the funeral plans for Terry, can you let me know please?
Good to see you too! Don't forget about tennis...

I think the new coffee place is in the Tantalizer unit.

I remember the first time I visited Olleys, I had read all the crap outside about being the best in London and got excited. If I'm honest, the high price served only to make me think it would be really special. In the end, what a let down. Worse than the fish and chips we'd get at school dinners on a Friday. I'd never go back.

Anyone know when the pedestrian tunnel will be open again, and why it's shut? Staff at station didn't have a scooby

Nope, no one seems to know what's wrong with it.

Makes the station non accessible too now, so it must be something serious.

When did FabBar open up in what was Sebastian's? It was busy last night, as was Bar127.

Anyone know when the pedestrian tunnel will be open again, and why it's shut? Staff at station didn't have a scooby
Lots of pigeon shit and part of the roof has fallen down. The traders are very upset because it means the cashpoint can't be refilled and it's really affecting business, especially on Sundays. HH is very poorly served for cash points as it is. Now there's only one that works.

It's only the Railton Rd entrance, you can still get through if you go into the station.
But in the evening when the station is shut, you have to go all the way round when you get off the train. :mad:

Well maybe, but only when the station is open and you can climb two steps - but if you have difficulties with mobility, the 50m trek around to the other side isn't that helpful; no car easy legal car parking for pick up and drop offs around there either.

Something silly is going on - there's now a handwritten notice on the station door with directions to the other entrance; not exactly tfl policy.

Well maybe, but only when the station is open and you can climb two steps - but if you have difficulties with mobility, the 50m trek around to the other side isn't that helpful; no car easy legal car parking for pick up and drop offs around there either.

Something silly is going on - there's now a handwritten notice on the station door with directions to the other entrance; not exactly tfl policy.
Some traders were fairly pissed off at the Sunday market. Cash point was not working and tunnel giving short cut to alternative machine was closed so they felt they were losing business.
(Pissing rain can't have been helping!)

Yes, when I had family down with mobility issues, the normal stress free journey of Kings cross down here was much more of a pain with the tunnel shut and pullens taking over pretty much the whole pavement.

I prefer to avoid the more controversial topics on Urban.
Without fear or favour:

The portions in Khan's have gotten smaller. About three or four years ago I felt like I was going to be sick after a meal (in a good way), but I was only sort of satisfied after my last few visits (most recently about a year ago). I know there's more to a meal than how long you can keep your head in the trough, but a curry + rice + nan from DaC for £10 will easily give two people a good dinner. Not so at Khan's.

Without fear or favour:

The portions in Khan's have gotten smaller. About three or four years ago I felt like I was going to be sick after a meal (in a good way), but I was only sort of satisfied after my last few visits (most recently about a year ago). I know there's more to a meal than how long you can keep your head in the trough, but a curry + rice + nan from DaC for £10 will easily give two people a good dinner. Not so at Khan's.

Used Khans twice and was surprised by the (high) cost.

Not the cost that bothers me as much as the way that every dish tastes the same: balti, dopiaza, bhuna, madras, whatever... Rather like all curry houses they go through chefs and some are better than others, but Khan's has been dull for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom