Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

wicked if they have him bang to rights and this can be nipped in bud!

looks a proper gentrifying git

South London Makerspace is holding a Grand Opening tomorrow night from 19:30. We've been busy for the last 6 months building a workshop for anyone who likes to make things but doesn't have the tools or space at home. We've got a laser cutter, sewing machines, 3D printer, all sorts of woodworking tools etc. etc. - all funded and run by our members. Come along and find out more. Bring your bank details if you're thinking of joining! Canopy Beer Co. are our neighbours and will be running a bar. They brew very tasty ales :) (or just BYO)

We're behind the shops on Norwood Road opposite the park. The gates are next to Costcutter.

where.jpg

South London Makerspace is holding a Grand Opening tomorrow night from 19:30. We've been busy for the last 6 months building a workshop for anyone who likes to make things but doesn't have the tools or space at home. We've got a laser cutter, sewing machines, 3D printer, all sorts of woodworking tools etc. etc. - all funded and run by our members. Come along and find out more. Bring your bank details if you're thinking of joining! Canopy Beer Co. are our neighbours and will be running a bar. They brew very tasty ales :) (or just BYO)

We're behind the shops on Norwood Road opposite the park. The gates are next to Costcutter.

where.jpg
Worth a new thread, no?

see first word
Just whacking in the word 'allegedly' doesn't constitute an opinion defence. Also looks like Jasper's tweet including name and photo has been taken down, so it looks like he may not be, or may not be proven to be, the offender.

it wasn't my opinion
'it has been said' hopefully being clear enough.
fingers has deleted theirs so i'll delete mine

hope that makes you feel more comfortable

There is currently a change petition doing the rounds with 233 signatures. Here is the text. I have redacted some of it

******* *********** is a teacher at Dulwich Hamlet Juniors which is a private school. This man has allegedly been caught on CCTV coming from where he lives above the bar.... and proceeds to spray paint and criminally vandalise the wall of Dee Dee's bar 77 Herne Hill, South London. SE24 9NE

with the words NO NIGGERS - It is 2015 and a man cannot even run a business for multicultural people of London... the artists of London and everyone in between.... your colour doesn't matter inn this petition... IT IS A CALL TO HAVE HIM SUSPENDED NOT SACKED AT THIS STAGE, PENDING FURTHER ENQUIRIES REGARDING THIS AND HIS PREVIOUS ACTIONS TOWARDS THE BAR. The man in question lives ******************... and his proximity has inflamed the situation.

Where an organisation called poetic unity. Runs a weekly event called Poets Corner. Poetry is a form of expression and holds dear to many people's hearts. It's an art form just like many other arts out there... and this amazing organisation that provides a platform so to speak, so they can educated and empower themselves through poetry and it's various forms. Then you get people.... Sorry teacher with the British education system... carry out an act that is very damaging if he is exposed to pupils at this school. Stand united against racism within the education system and unite with Poetry Unity at their event TUESDAY MAY 26TH 7PM support their event by attending and that regardless of your race or colour.. RACISM IS POISION and UNITY AGAINST IT IS THE ONLY CURE

That's quite an allegation as well by the school!

Innit, my friend who took it does not use Photoshop. I have emailed the school to let them know that it was done between late Sunday evening and Monday morning plus it was removed this morning. If it is the case that he left London Sunday lunchtime he is in the clear.

good grief.. what a clusterfuck! WTF is going on? Doesn't seem very likely the teacher had anything to do with it - and poor guy to have that allegation made against him. The photoshopped graffiti thing is a bit odd though - I would have thought Lambeth could instantly confirm whether or not they removed the graffiti.

where.jpg
Feel free to add it to the Buzz diary - and if you want to do a guest post, I can run a feature too.

good grief.. what a clusterfuck! WTF is going on? Doesn't seem very likely the teacher had anything to do with it - and poor guy to have that allegation made against him. The photoshopped graffiti thing is a bit odd though - I would have thought Lambeth could instantly confirm whether or not they removed the graffiti.

That side of the road is Southwark and there were photos on Twitter this morning of Southwark council workers removing it with anti graffiti spray. For the most part of the night it seemed to have been covered up with some blankets.

That side of the road is Southwark and there were photos on Twitter this morning of Southwark council workers removing it with anti graffiti spray. For the most part of the night it seemed to have been covered up with some blankets.

I just wonder why the school didn't just call Southwark directly to find out if the graffiti did indeed exist rather than jumping in with the photoshopped idea? Then dropping in that thing about the local "bar's license" (sic) It's all a bit odd.

I just wonder why the school didn't just call Southwark directly to find out if the graffiti did indeed exist rather than jumping in with the photoshopped idea? Then dropping in that thing about the local "bar's license" (sic) It's all a bit odd.
It does seem very strange to add all that detail and conjecture.

thanks for editing out my post quoted by someone else ll :)

i suggested they do so hours ago after they 'advised' me in a pm
i'd already deleted my own post

Back
Top Bottom