Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

Not sure about Brockwell Park, but the amount of people heading to Clapham Common loaded down with bags of booze yesterday at about 5pm was amusing. some rather interesting interpretations of the rule of 6 too, some groups numbered 30+!

Not sure about Brockwell Park, but the amount of people heading to Clapham Common loaded down with bags of booze yesterday at about 5pm was amusing. some rather interesting interpretations of the rule of 6 too, some groups numbered 30+!

I met someone for the first time in 4 months on Saturday at Clapham and it wasn't too bad, but then the weather wasn't amazing. Most people were in small groups/pairs, with some exceptions.

Brockwell Park this morning was a bit of a tip, but mainly around the bins. Didn't seem as bad as some of the photos of other parks across the country on social media this morning

I met someone for the first time in 4 months on Saturday at Clapham and it wasn't too bad, but then the weather wasn't amazing. Most people were in small groups/pairs, with some exceptions.

Brockwell Park this morning was a bit of a tip, but mainly around the bins. Didn't seem as bad as some of the photos of other parks across the country on social media this morning
I think it's impressive the way people do their best to load their rubbish into the undersized bins:

In photos: the delicately stacked beer bottle bins in Brockwell Park

Im hoping they once again install portaloos in Brockwell Park and Clapham Common this summer-it makes sense. Just because the hospitality might be open again in some form doesnt mean they should be public toilets when most people wont even buy a drink.

Saw that - struck me as an ideal time to be filming inside pubs clubs or restruants that are all empty anyway. Wonder what the film/show is?

Reactions: CH1
Apologies if I am repeating old news, but a friend just rang me amazed that the Prince Regent is in full throw of a filming session. I only realised what he was going on about when I checked their website. They are offering themselves as a fully equipped location filming venue Filming at The Prince Regent. 69 Dulwich Road, London SE24 0NJ. 020 7274 1567.
The filming thing was happening well before Covid-19/ lockdown. As most pubs don’t open before the evening then it’s an easy way to make some extra cash.

It's not being filmed in people's homes because of Covid.
Oh. I missed the line in the flyer about not being filmed at people's homes.

But that's half the fun of that programme, when the guests are allowed to roam free around the host's house, criticising every last bit of furniture, decoration, and even items of clothing they lay their eyes on.

But that's half the fun of that programme, when the guests are allowed to roam free around the host's house, criticising every last bit of furniture, decoration, and even items of clothing they lay their eyes on.

Especially when it’s local and you try and work out where they live ☹️

Possibly the weirdest bit too- im not exactly the dinner party type, but if i was, im not sure it would be a thing to let people go rummaging through my bedroom, unless they were helping find my lost stash or something similar.

What’s going on with the commercial? It’s a Mitchell’s & Butler pub so cant have run out of money
I thought the sign said it was opening on 17th May when I went past last week. My guess is the amount of outdoor space there isn't worth the cost of opening up till they can have punters inside.

Back
Top Bottom