Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Herne Hill news, chitter chatter and gossip

I thought the sign said it was opening on 17th May when I went past last week. My guess is the amount of outdoor space there isn't worth the cost of opening up till they can have punters inside.
Aye, got an email from them saying they're open 17th May. :oldthumbsup:

Hello,

Does anyone know if the biltong stall is still at the Herne Hill market? I think it's called Meat Boss.

Anyone?

Cheers,

Rbubish

Sign outside Seasons, should have taken a photo reads Who voted Khan? The night mare continues, unbelievable.
The good news is that you search for them in Google, the second result is:

Non-book one is taking one bag per household before 4pm. Not sure about book one.
Thanks useful to know - they must be swamped with people doing lock down clear outs. Will have to take my clearout of vintage board games down there a few at a time then.

Dale Wintons Supermarket sweep boardgame anyone? Millenium edition who wants to be a millionaire? kerplunk?

Elaine (The Flower Lady) is currently looking after a pet cockatoo found in Brockwell Park. It’s very tame so obviously has escaped from someone’s house.

I’ve been looking for a place to host a very small event and I forgot about this place. I’ve emailed them. Thanks for the reminder of the place editor

Something going on with the junction under the bridge.

Temporary traffic lights and they’ve removed the pedestrian island between The Chutney and Pizza GoGo.

The road works have got bigger - down to one lane on either direction.

Looks like some work is being done in the glass doored shop in pidgeon shit alley too.
Wonder what sort of business would want such a dark gloomy arch? customers would risk being shat on going in or out, certainly it wouldn't encourage window shoppers.

Can anyone remember that arch being used? I've a vague recollection of a newsagent/tobacco shop open to the street or am I imagining that or thinking of somewhere else? I've lived in SE24 since 94 and dont recall it being in use in that time. In the 90s about half the shops were boarded up.

Wonder what sort of business would want such a dark gloomy arch? customers would risk being shat on going in or out, certainly it wouldn't encourage window shoppers.

Can anyone remember that arch being used? I've a vague recollection of a newsagent/tobacco shop open to the street or am I imagining that or thinking of somewhere else? I've lived in SE24 since 94 and dont recall it being in use in that time. In the 90s about half the shops were boarded up.
I originally thought it was the gas works engineers using that arch as a base - apparently not - Herne Hill is getting its eighth coffee shop.

The new mural is up and one of the refurbed units that’s been empty for years had a viewing yesterday.

I originally thought it was the gas works engineers using that arch as a base - apparently not - Herne Hill is getting its eighth coffee shop.

The new mural is up and one of the refurbed units that’s been empty for years had a viewing yesterday.
Did anyone else read somewhere (some time ago) that Herne Hill has the highest density of coffee shops per capita in London?

Back
Top Bottom