My Top Beatles - Sunday 25th February 2024

1. John Lennon (-)
2. George Harrison (up from 3)
3. Stig O'Hara (up from 4)
4. Ringo (down from 2)
5. Pete Best (-)
6. Paul McCartney (-)
My Top Beatles - Monday 26th February 2024

1. Bernard 'Pretty' Purdie - repeatedly claimed to have played drums on 21 Beatles tracks (not true, but fuck it, it's Bernard 'Pretty' Purdie and that makes him the best Beatle)

2. Marianne Faithful - sang on Yellow Submarine

3. Mick Jagger - sang on All You Need is Love

4. Keith Richards - sang on All You Need is Love

5. Brian Jones - sang on All You Need is Love, sax on You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)

6. Keith Moon - sang & brushed drums on All You Need is Love

7. Victor Spinetti - sang in Christmas Time (Here it is Again)

:D:p

My Top Beatles - Monday 26th February 2024

1. Bernard 'Pretty' Purdie - repeatedly claimed to have played drums on 21 Beatles tracks (not true, but fuck it, it's Bernard 'Pretty' Purdie and that makes him the best Beatle)
Makes him a bit of a twat in my book.

Smell the grift!

Weinberg: “You played on Beatles’ tracks?”

Purdie: “Twenty-one of them.”

Weinberg: “Can you recall which ones?”

Purdie: “Ummhmm.”

Weinberg: “Could you name them?”

Purdie: “That’s information I don’t disclose.”

Weinberg: “Why the secrecy?”

Purdie: “Because if I ever need that info to make a little extra cash, I’ll have what’s necessary. I also lent my skills to songs by the Animals and the Monkees.”

Weinberg: “Wait a minute, everyone knows the Monkees were a manufactured band, but The Beatles?”

Purdie: “Ringo didn’t lay his hands on anything.”

Weinberg: “Ringo didn’t play on anything?”

Purdie: “Not the early Beatles stuff.”

Makes him a bit of a twat in my book.

Smell the grift!

It's a weird one.

Since he definitely played on loads of records with James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, Steely Dan, Peter, Paul & Mary, John Lee Hooker, King Curtis, Gil Scott Heron, Roberta Flack, Quincy Jones, Roy Ayres, the list goes on and on, he has no need to boost his fame, so it's a strange claim to make. But he made it on a number of occasions, even though people have looked at the timelines of who was where doing what when and found it was only possible for him to have been on 2 Beatles songs at most, even if what he claimed had any truth.

:confused:

It's a weird one.

Since he definitely played on loads of records with James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie, Steely Dan, Peter, Paul & Mary, John Lee Hooker, King Curtis, Gil Scott Heron, Roberta Flack, Quincy Jones, Roy Ayres, the list goes on and on, he has no need to boost his fame, so it's a strange claim to make. But he made it on a number of occasions, even though people have looked at the timelines of who was where doing what when and found it was only possible for him to have been on 2 Beatles songs at most, even if what he claimed had any truth.

:confused:
The consensus seems to have been that he might have played on a handful of pre-fame demos when Pete Best was in the band.
Ringo has a very distinctive style and you'd be hard pressed not to notice the complete change in style that Purdie would introduce.

Back
Top Bottom