Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Happy birthday George Harrison

I don’t think that anyone is obliged to have a favourite Beatle, any more than they need to choose the best Herman’s Hermit.

It's hard to choose the most talented of the three. But on Spotify anyway George's songs are quite high up. Here comes the sun is actually sitting on 1.2bn at the top compared to 600m for Yesterday.

Personally, George's songs were always the most touching. And he was a gentle man, with little ego.

Three of the greatest songwriters in history in the same little band. I don't think that will be repeated.

Had to google stig o'ohara though :D

Ringo shoudn't be in the top six though. Argument to follow. George Martin should be in that list.

It's hard to choose the most talented of the three. But on Spotify anyway George's songs are quite high up. Here comes the sun is actually sitting on 1.2bn at the top compared to 600m for Yesterday.

Personally, George's songs were always the most touching. And he was a gentle man, with little ego.
Consistently unfaithful to his wife throughout their marriage though.

How is 'writing a letter' much safer than a phone call?

_132738791_letter_clapton.jpg.webp

Goodness. Surely that’s something that always waits until the letter writer is dead? However much one dislikes Clapton, that’s a bit off.

I doubt Harrison would have minded too much

One note in the auction sees Harrison write: "Hope you're OK. I miss you. I'm starving - many grilled cheese sandwiches. Love you."

Goodness. Surely that’s something that always waits until the letter writer is dead? However much one dislikes Clapton, that’s a bit off.

She says he's fine with it

Boyd told the Telegraph she sought Clapton's permission before selling the possessions.

"He asked if I was selling the Layla painting, and I said yes," she said. "He said, 'Maybe there are other things you could sell as well.' So he's absolutely fine with me auctioning everything."

And also, what kind of twisted fuck would even bid on someone else's love letters? what are they gonna do with them?

Back
Top Bottom