Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

So Essex Rd's closed for the next while as they're working on that water main. Just crawled along Upper Street on a 38, chaos at Highbury Corner due to the cycle superhighway works and we're now randomly going round Canonbury.

No announcements about being on diversion either. If I'd known about this, I'd have walked as it'd have been quicker. From Shaftesbury Avenue. FFS.

Is it closed for a while then :(:mad:
I found out by chance as I had to get to a Solicitors near Essex Rd station from Angel station after work on Wednesday and was going to get a bus, got off in Upper St and cut through Canonbury in the end.

Is it closed for a while then :(:mad:
I found out by chance as I had to get to a Solicitors near Essex Rd station from Angel station after work on Wednesday and was going to get a bus, got off in Upper St and cut through Canonbury in the end.
Until the 23rd of June according to the TFL website. :( Not clear if its just northbound or both ways though.

The acid attacks last week ! Club in London Fields - I'm guessing the club is near E5 Bakehouse? . Main culprit (b/f of a reality tv star) had been nicked - 2 people lost sight in one eye - nasty business.

The acid attacks last week ! Club in London Fields - I'm guessing the club is near E5 Bakehouse? . Main culprit (b/f of a reality tv star) had been nicked - 2 people lost sight in one eye - nasty business.

Yes, it's awful, can't imagine why anyone would be so stupid as to do something like that in a packed club.
I've not heard of the club before, it looks like it was some sort of commercial premises beforehand. I didn't know the street name but I think it's one of those side roads that run between Mare Street and London Fields - up by the bus garage somewhere?

Keeps being reported as Dalston but it's in one of those ex light industrial units between LF station and Mare St.

New cafe in Upper Clapton , The Dialogue :hmm: 2 doors from Sodo on the high street. A strange place called The Residence used to be there ,that was a cafe/interiors place which failed . This is more of a brunchy place ,full of young folk :mad: but staff were lovely ,bit hipsterish but food was fine.

I am loving The Mermaid on Cricketfield Road - replaced Verden which replaced The Cricketers. It's expensive - full of young folk, but the ale is fantastic. :cool:

Home

Yet another craft ale place has opened , The Axe on Northwold Road ,taken over from that occasional Belgian Bar , Jan's.

Bit of a garden area at the back ,loads of lovely (but pricy ale ) :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom