Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hackney chitter-chatter &tc

Very close :hmm: I walk past there every day . Are there commercial units going on the ground floor?

I'd be surprised if one of them didn't include a supermarket 'metro/express' of some description. They seem to be buying into this shit very easily.

Our tenant board told Sainsburys to fuck off during the consultation for Haggerston estate. The developers looked at us like we were mad. 'That would be worth a great deal of money to the community' they said. We prefer to support our local independent shops was our response.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if one of them didn't include a supermarket 'metro/express' of some description. They seen to be buying into this shit very easily.

Our tenant board told Sainsburys to fuck off during the consultation for Haggerston estate. The developers looked a us like we were mad. 'That would be worth a great deal of money to the community' they said. We prefer to support our local independent shops was our response.
I was involved in a development in Lower Clapton, where the Tesco is :hmm: originally William Hill wanted to put a bookies there, residents made a lot of fuss and they pulled out. The space was empty for a couple of years before Tesco went in.

NOV9
Black British music in Hackney
Public
· Hosted by Hackney Museum
Music lovers come to share your stories, memories or memorabilia of Black British music in Hackney! Help Hackney Museum find out more about the people, places and events that have shaped the sounds of the borough for a special exhibition in October 2018.

Free, booking essential via Eventbrite: Black British music in Hackney

NOV9
Black British music in Hackney
Public
· Hosted by Hackney Museum
Music lovers come to share your stories, memories or memorabilia of Black British music in Hackney! Help Hackney Museum find out more about the people, places and events that have shaped the sounds of the borough for a special exhibition in October 2018.

Free, booking essential via Eventbrite: Black British music in Hackney
Is that picture off Kingsland high St?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh there are finally doing it... :mad:

Ridley Road Market - Local Resident Survey

Closes 16 Nov 2017

Opened 16 Oct 2017

Contact

Overview
Hackney Council is conducting a survey with local residents to obtain their views and opinions of the current Ridley Road Market offer and how this might be improved to better serve the needs of local consumers. We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete the survey, to help us ensure the continued improvements of the market offer.

Ridley Road Market - Local Resident Survey - Hackney Council - Citizen Space

Wondered why Wally Herbert's fish stall was closed when I went there a few weeks ago. Just seen on twitter Hackney council wanted to treble their rent. Gutted!! I travelled from Brixton to buy seafood there. Hard to find seafood stalls these days. :mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Wondered why Wally Herbert's fish stall was closed when I went there a few weeks ago. Just seen on twitter Hackney council wanted to treble their rent. Gutted!! I travelled from Brixton to buy seafood there. Hard to find seafood stalls these days. :mad::(:mad::(:mad:
is that the one outside Hackney Central Station?

Oh no!
It was there until recently I'm sure.

Edit to add - just had a quick search on Google but I can't see anything about them having closed.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh there are finally doing it... :mad:

Ridley Road Market - Local Resident Survey

Closes 16 Nov 2017

Opened 16 Oct 2017

Contact

Overview
Hackney Council is conducting a survey with local residents to obtain their views and opinions of the current Ridley Road Market offer and how this might be improved to better serve the needs of local consumers. We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete the survey, to help us ensure the continued improvements of the market offer.

Ridley Road Market - Local Resident Survey - Hackney Council - Citizen Space
Completed, said very good all round

Man guilty over nightclub acid attack

What a stupid idiot this guy is - hope he gets a deserving sentence!

On a pedantic note, why do they keep saying the club is in Dalston when it's by Hackney Bus Garage near the Bethnal Green border?!
_98734433_mediaitem98730058.jpg

The jury found him guilty of five counts of GBH with intent, and nine counts of ABH against 14 people so that should be a hefty sentence coming right up for the cunt.

don't know why they've pixellated the faces, being as the video's been widely circulated en clair so to speak
The latest development is disturbing:

"A coroner has ruled that two police officers involved with the restraint and arrest of Rashan Charles shortly before he died have the right to remain anonymous at his inquest ..."

Police officers granted anonymity at Rashan Charles inquest

The identities of the individuals involved in Rashan's death cannot be revealed at his inquest.

Back
Top Bottom