Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Guilty Pleasures

At the time they were the ultimate lamé pirate trousered enemy from hell , but ive been singing this to myself for the best part of a year now.

Ive thought about sharing this one , but ive had my doubts at how it will be perceived . When i first saw it i was appalled , but later strangely drawn to it . Its an alternative take on a former euro happy clappy pop anthem Live is Life by euro pop mullet and rignlet outfit Opus . Except this time sung from the perspective of someone else you might have heard of who also believed in a united europe and all that . Which made me go..fucking hell..that cant be right . But later on..I like what you did there .

But it looks so fucking wrong

At the time they were the ultimate lamé pirate trousered enemy from hell , but ive been singing this to myself for the best part of a year now.

This song always reminds me of the '84 Los Angeles Olympics. I think the BBC used it for the end of the Olympics montage.

This song always reminds me of the '84 Los Angeles Olympics. I think the BBC used it for the end of the Olympics montage.

it always reminded me of that bit at the teenage disco were the DJ stopped trying to cater to the Ska/mod/punk/Heavy metaller contingents and try and keep the mainstream crowd - mostly chicks- happy for a while . Which was generally the signal for the onset of completely ignoring the music from then onwards for the various factions, and the inevitable onset of repeated violent outbreaks . Basically for me its a nostalgic soundtrack to underage drinking and pointless ultra violence .

it always reminded me of that bit at the teenage disco were the DJ stopped trying to cater to the Ska/mod/punk/Heavy metaller contingents and try and keep the mainstream crowd - mostly chicks- happy for a while . Which was generally the signal for the onset of completely ignoring the music from then onwards for the various factions, and the inevitable onset of repeated violent outbreaks . Basically for me its a nostalgic soundtrack to underage drinking and pointless ultra violence .

:D :facepalm:

Just got this in the post......

Deal with it :D
10531975-1312556901-126718.jpg

I don't understand the concept of "guilty pleasure". Just because the rest of the world is wrong doesn't mean I should feel guilty. I'm proud to love Paul Mccartney's Wonderful Christmastime. If I can see something in it, there must be something in it. Innit?

I have some guilty displeasures, though. I don't really like Talking Heads and David Bowie. I feel I should, but I don't. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom