Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grapefruit - annoying/not annoying

Grapefruit and medication: views?

• Total voters
I also can't eat it due to meds but don't care because I'm not a picky eater, but I firmly dislike pineapple and grapefruit. Don't eat things that are acidic enough to melt away the lining of your mouth.

Happily eat lemons as they are - lovely and tart. But grapefruit are just bitter and nasty. :(

It's a citrus fruit that has had Bitrex genetically engineered into it.

Its total and utter shit. A waste of space in the fruit aisle.
A lovely grapefruit for the haters.

grapefruit-3-409760461.jpg

I used to drink gin and grapefruit juice when I was about 18. Grapefruit Ting is OK.

I also tried eating it a couple of times. It seemed to be considered the breakfast of dieters back in rhe day. Not with the amount of sugar I needed to make it palatable, it wasn't. Or with the actual food you needed to eat later to make up for your non breakfast.

If its any consolation I don't want them and can't eat them anyway.

There js a genetic taste marker in grapefruit, a chemical that is unpleasantly bitter to those who have inherited certain genes.

I can take grapefruit or leave it, I quite like a grapefruit flavour in fizzy drinks (eg. Lilt and similar) or juices when it's mixed with other things.
N loves grapefruit and can't have it due to meds.

What about a pomelo?

I can't say I've ever had one, I mean I know what one is but I've never eaten one.

I did buy some pink pepper and pomelo tonic at some point and it's a bit at odds with the junipery gin I bought it to go with (whereas a pink pepper tonic with no other flavours goes brilliantly in it).

I love grapefruit, I even have a specially bent knife for their preparation. Quite fiddly, though. Brown sugar lightly sprinkled over the top, cover and leave until breakfast time.
When I was staying with my late father, half a pink grapefruit for breakfast was an easy way to get Vit C into the old codger. I miss that.

I like grapefruit, now more than I used to, not sure if a lot of the bitterness has been bred out it over the last few decades or my taste buds are less sensitive

I love grapefruit, I even have a specially bent knife for their preparation. Quite fiddly, though. Brown sugar lightly sprinkled over the top, cover and leave until breakfast time.
When I was staying with my late father, half a pink grapefruit for breakfast was an easy way to get Vit C into the old codger. I miss that.
I too have a bendy knife to help with the prep, and a serrated, scrape-y spoon for peak extraction...I then cover it all in honey :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom