Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Government running out prison space?

this seems to be the first major issue for the new govt. perfect territory for the right-wing press to pile-in on Labour being soft as they let out prisoners. interesting to hear how it has deteriorated surprisingly quickly. wonder what the longer term solution will be.

this seems to be the first major issue for the new govt. perfect territory for the right-wing press to pile-in on Labour being soft as they let out prisoners. interesting to hear how it has deteriorated surprisingly quickly. wonder what the longer term solution will be.

Defining the whole of the UK as a prison

I’m not sure about that. I haven’t heard the Tories stick the knife in yet because it’s pretty obvious they left the justice system especially prisons, in a shocking state.

I’m not sure about that. I haven’t heard the Tories stick the knife in yet because it’s pretty obvious they left the justice system especially prisons, in a shocking state.

071d0220-3fca-11ef-b74c-bb483a802c97.png.webp

I was going to suggest Rwanda - the Fail reported Estonia...

There are just 651 spare places available in prisons across the whole of England and Wales, new figures reveal as ministers consider renting cells in Estonia​

By Rory Tingle, Home Affairs Correspondent For Mailonline

Published: 16:54, 6 October 2023 | Updated: 02:11, 7 October 2023

There’s some sense in Labour doing stuff like this as early as possible, get it out of the way during the ‘honeymoon period’ also a good time to bury bad news with the football likely to dominate the news over the next few days. Blunts the attack of the RW press a bit.

There’s some sense in Labour doing stuff like this as early as possible, get it out of the way during the ‘honeymoon period’ also a good time to bury bad news with the football likely to dominate the news over the next few days. Blunts the attack of the RW press a bit.

They have little choice. It was stated a while ago that the start of July was the point at which the system was likely to become completely overwhelmed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a key part of Sunak's reasoning for calling the election in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom