Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Google Pixel phones - news, updates

Well, I did tell you! My last WearOS watch was the Fossil 4 which was supposed to the best one you could buy and the Pixel outperforms it in every single category.
The only downside is that it's so light I sometimes have to check if I've got it on!
Yeah, it's certainly better than most of the smartwatches I've had in the past. I prefer it to the only other WearOS watch I've had (Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS) mainly because it's smaller and lighter but does lots. Well see how I go. The fact I have a Pixel phone probably helps as they integrate so well.

New features have dropped. Noticeably Google VPN (for free) and clear calling. It processes the sound via AI to take out background noises like if you have the radio on or are making a call from the tube or any other noisy environment.

You have to turn both these features on in the settings.

New features have dropped. Noticeably Google VPN (for free) and clear calling. It processes the sound via AI to take out background noises like if you have the radio on or are making a call from the tube or any other noisy environment.

You have to turn both these features on in the settings.

How paranoid do you have to be to use a VPN for calls? And if you are then do you trust Google?

How is everyone's Pixel watch going? Loving mine and not worn a watch for 30 years.

I like it a lot and have decided to keep mine rather than eBaying it, which was the original idea, but I'll be selling the Ticwatch I bought a few months earlier..

I have a question for the Hive Mind, though...

At night I put it into Bedtime Mode (standard) to save battery life etc.
In the morning I put it on to charge when I am in the shower and take it off BM when I put the watch on if I remember.
Is anyone else experiencing the Pixel phone being silent for calls, messages, and notifications in the morning/day after being in BM?

Or have I switched some silent mode on somewhere? When I turn Bluetooth off on the phone, it rings, the messages beep etc as usual.

:confused:

If mine was nicked/broken, I'd feel compelled to get another one immediately. That's how much I like it!
The heartbeat/ECG stuff has been really handy (and calming/reassuring) for me too
Aye. Same. I would have to get a new one. I do not use the heartbeat thing but totally get why it is a godsend for you.

So good for not having to get your phone out to read messages in dodgy areas as well. plus all the football scores straight to my wrist.

I like it a lot and have decided to keep mine rather than eBaying it, which was the original idea, but I'll be selling the Ticwatch I bought a few months earlier..

I have a question for the Hive Mind, though...

At night I put it into Bedtime Mode (standard) to save battery life etc.
In the morning I put it on to charge when I am in the shower and take it off BM when I put the watch on if I remember.
Is anyone else experiencing the Pixel phone being silent for calls, messages, and notifications in the morning/day after being in BM?

Or have I switched some silent mode on somewhere? When I turn Bluetooth off on the phone, it rings, the messages beep etc as usual.

:confused:
Not had this issue. maybe do a factory reset and reconnect it to your phone again?

Got myself a Pixel 6 yesterday after the 3 gave up last week. Wasn't keen on getting a big phone and the free photo storage on the 3 was a bonus but £300 seems a good deal and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Annoyingly, 3 of the cables I used with the 3 don't work with the 6 :rolleyes:

Got myself a Pixel 6 yesterday after the 3 gave up last week. Wasn't keen on getting a big phone and the free photo storage on the 3 was a bonus but £300 seems a good deal and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Annoyingly, 3 of the cables I used with the 3 don't work with the 6 :rolleyes:
I've gone for a 6 too on that deal also coming from a 3. Amazon are delivering it on Thu. Looking forward to it.

How are you getting on Part 2 ? I'm very happy with the camera. The size and placement of the finger print reader will take some getting used to.

Quick snap:

E40PK1_ofJ7Q61oJgbP75wOc4x6-AKZulbkalYAAkpuv9lsZwso5bnW1yQLUOf4iKoxpohMbDFLAuGMMBX3-BF0sb6dRRCaMjVTs-8QuaKukye60O0Bn0niWesUccKTw7JI6ahkNAoZAlY63Vwyh4XO1KcAS6z-pwdr4wpbVvknCK26tureQPuDlBOlaXKJV4Ee02dCND3yNar5Y3iZ7hTM1NnEFtQZwqgQG9XDExirJ8fI5Xg2Q1k23aHc_9JIbO0P-Cb7JcE7VW9tbhpROhiod7pUrVDq8pm-wBtwZp-qHQo-N4qllUfs2HQ34Yn1j_PtWQ3GlYaIzsUxI5BQXZuOXdR2pO3JHJx9Wt02key4rTK4OO759FBXoGvPX-ZY8jYIigTlflicPAyvSu0VWWucKHHD3BiSl08HQkO8bt-_yadn3WJWja5CgGBmaBHMiND5XonHpcbfSa29aHBxHHiMBkUmFy2LjgM3cBvSlbsncAqf-AaMt167BbOkhZmShNBfjZJiCEeOkn7i8WSg7ca3A6cUvF_ig3JdEY6m5vQMxcpXjKJJgMZV0iG0nF5xYNpMXPVJWzINksGpYWKcuWZX53EPF0TLNAmPPg9DBbBCMk4x8yd3Oz31DhJxXvmv7EqIfoA7RGeVbFbgVSZPHME_JAQkSSpNw5GjZPFa1yl3dWVvImGDnVbvNsjRJO-FcRotha_PIMHBXnaKs-fiDG3jPEu9WmJSZ7QDbgMxxXKZO-XyXgsznCSxmJ5_-T9nMSTYbWz75VLLF_wQ-VUR7Bg3jD919msMGdDjSYNkbMYCHPd8xHOh4N0Ue-AQjIAE2TAwrWl5LirYCoJFMyeEeb8WexX366Au2WwA5ZolFHVOY3xVZihiiQTX292DUct2efFSr-Cih40ADhRETJ4hn8gWF-Gk8nghc4fKMCap5IEOjsQ=w706-h937-no

How are you getting on Part 2 ? I'm very happy with the camera. The size and placement of the finger print reader will take some getting used to.

Quick snap:

E40PK1_ofJ7Q61oJgbP75wOc4x6-AKZulbkalYAAkpuv9lsZwso5bnW1yQLUOf4iKoxpohMbDFLAuGMMBX3-BF0sb6dRRCaMjVTs-8QuaKukye60O0Bn0niWesUccKTw7JI6ahkNAoZAlY63Vwyh4XO1KcAS6z-pwdr4wpbVvknCK26tureQPuDlBOlaXKJV4Ee02dCND3yNar5Y3iZ7hTM1NnEFtQZwqgQG9XDExirJ8fI5Xg2Q1k23aHc_9JIbO0P-Cb7JcE7VW9tbhpROhiod7pUrVDq8pm-wBtwZp-qHQo-N4qllUfs2HQ34Yn1j_PtWQ3GlYaIzsUxI5BQXZuOXdR2pO3JHJx9Wt02key4rTK4OO759FBXoGvPX-ZY8jYIigTlflicPAyvSu0VWWucKHHD3BiSl08HQkO8bt-_yadn3WJWja5CgGBmaBHMiND5XonHpcbfSa29aHBxHHiMBkUmFy2LjgM3cBvSlbsncAqf-AaMt167BbOkhZmShNBfjZJiCEeOkn7i8WSg7ca3A6cUvF_ig3JdEY6m5vQMxcpXjKJJgMZV0iG0nF5xYNpMXPVJWzINksGpYWKcuWZX53EPF0TLNAmPPg9DBbBCMk4x8yd3Oz31DhJxXvmv7EqIfoA7RGeVbFbgVSZPHME_JAQkSSpNw5GjZPFa1yl3dWVvImGDnVbvNsjRJO-FcRotha_PIMHBXnaKs-fiDG3jPEu9WmJSZ7QDbgMxxXKZO-XyXgsznCSxmJ5_-T9nMSTYbWz75VLLF_wQ-VUR7Bg3jD919msMGdDjSYNkbMYCHPd8xHOh4N0Ue-AQjIAE2TAwrWl5LirYCoJFMyeEeb8WexX366Au2WwA5ZolFHVOY3xVZihiiQTX292DUct2efFSr-Cih40ADhRETJ4hn8gWF-Gk8nghc4fKMCap5IEOjsQ=w706-h937-no

I'm getting quite comfortable with it. It already doesn't feel as big as my work phone even though it's the same size.

Unfortunately the weather's not been great here so not been out anywhere to take any pictures.

Well tbh it wasn't bad today but I was busy watching telly.

Last edited:
If mine was nicked/broken, I'd feel compelled to get another one immediately. That's how much I like it!
The heartbeat/ECG stuff has been really handy (and calming/reassuring) for me too

Health stuff.

Are we all using the Fitbit app or summat else in the main? I am using Fitbit on the 6-month free trial of Premium that came with the watch.
I very probably won't pay after that's up tbh.

What's the free substitute? Google Health (is it?)? or summat else?

Health stuff.

Are we all using the Fitbit app or summat else in the main? I am using Fitbit on the 6-month free trial of Premium that came with the watch.

Fitbit still offers loads of info on the non-subscription service, otherwise there's Google Fit.

Edit to add: you've prompted me give the 6 month free subscription a go and I'm thinking if I decide to stick with it I may be able to cover the costs with Google Rewards.

Fitbit still offers loads of info on the non-subscription service, otherwise there's Google Fit.

Edit to add: you've prompted me give the 6 month free subscription a go and I'm thinking if I decide to stick with it I may be able to cover the costs with Google Rewards.

Ahhh, didn't think about Rewards. How much is it?

Health stuff.

What do you get on premium that you don’t get on free?

What do you get on premium that you don’t get on free?

There's a comparison chart thingy at the bottom of this page

I think the only thing I'd miss is the sleep insights (i don't sleep well) but I reckon I can get something else that does that for free/less

Despite having full insurance on every phone I've ever owned I've always ended up sticking an ugly case on it. Well, this time I've decided to go for something thinner and more about protecting it from scratches than a major fall - after all, I'm covered for that.

So I can REALLY recommend the Ultimate Shield case. It makes the phone feel so much slicker - as soon as my nephew saw it he ordered one and dumped his chunky one. They also make the phone look really good too IMO

Pixel7Pro_O_5_1024x1024.jpg

Seeking opinion on this situation...

• Bought Mrs A a 6a from Google direct
  • Worked for 5 days after which it would no longer see hers or any SIM card
  • Spoke with Google online - tried their suggestions - no dice
  • Arranged to replace the phone
  • They've sent her a refurb to replace her brand new, had it for 5 days, phone
I feel quite annoyed by this. What say Urban?

Seeking opinion on this situation...

• Bought Mrs A a 6a from Google direct
  • Worked for 5 days after which it would no longer see hers or any SIM card
  • Spoke with Google online - tried their suggestions - no dice
  • Arranged to replace the phone
  • They've sent her a refurb to replace her brand new, had it for 5 days, phone
I feel quite annoyed by this. What say Urban?

I'd definitely kick up a stink about that.

Maybe ask for a full refund because of distance selling regulations.

I'd definitely kick up a stink about that.

Maybe ask for a full refund because of distance selling regulations.

I did - fuck off they said - no you can't have a brand new replacement and no you can't have a refund as you're outside the returns period.

Am considering doing a section 75 chargeback via the credit card

I recently downloaded my photos from Google. Everything is still there even all the pictures I deleted.

Also because I had a pixel 3 before Id forgotten that the pictures taken on that weren't included in the 8gb I could see. It turned out to be 49gb.

I recently downloaded my photos from Google. Everything is still there even all the pictures I deleted.

Also because I had a pixel 3 before Id forgotten that the pictures taken on that weren't included in the 8gb I could see. It turned out to be 49gb.

It's just a shame it's a lot more of a faff then it used to be when they just synced nicely with drive.

It's just a shame it's a lot more of a faff then it used to be when they just synced nicely with drive.
My photos from both my phone and DSLR pics on my desktop all sync automatically. No faff!

On another note, I can't praise the call screening feature enough. It gives me sheer joy to see the spammer desperately typing in shit in the hope that I'll pick up the phone. Love it!

My photos from both my phone and DSLR pics on my desktop all sync automatically. No faff!

On another note, I can't praise the call screening feature enough. It gives me sheer joy to see the spammer desperately typing in shit in the hope that I'll pick up the phone. Love it!

It's the other way round that it no longer does. Photos taken on my phone no longer sync to my PC.

Back
Top Bottom