Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Google Pixel phones - news, updates

Order the Pixel 7 Pro. Picking up from a local Curry's tomorrow. Apparently you have to put a claim in for the Headphones/Smart watch and you get it within 60 days.

Think i will go for the smart watch as I have never owned one before and i will lose the headphones within a week

Order the Pixel 7 Pro. Picking up from a local Curry's tomorrow. Apparently you have to put a claim in for the Headphones/Smart watch and you get it within 60 days.

Think i will go for the smart watch as I have never owned one before and i will lose the headphones within a week
I ordered mine direct from Google and the watch and phone arrived yesterday. Just going to set them up now!

Walked into local Carphone Currys this morning, traded in my 3yr old Samsung for £220 against a Pro. Left within 15 minutes. All good. I can claim the watch later. What's the watch like editor ?

I went for the Obsidian 256gb Pro on a contract which will see me paying just over the cost of the 256gb 7. I'll probably sell the pixel watch and knock that off the cost too. Unless I love it, in which case I'll sell my Ticwatch 3 Pro.

Walked into local Carphone Currys this morning, traded in my 3yr old Samsung for £220 against a Pro. Left within 15 minutes. All good. I can claim the watch later. What's the watch like editor ?

I went for the Obsidian 256gb Pro on a contract which will see me paying just over the cost of the 256gb 7. I'll probably sell the pixel watch and knock that off the cost too. Unless I love it, in which case I'll sell my Ticwatch 3 Pro.
I was using a Fossil Wear OS watch and it was seriously shit. So far I've been impressed with the Pixel watch. And the phone camera has started to really blow me away

The charging port on my 6 has started playing up after less then a year. I don't even take it dirt places like I've done past phones. It's always a massive faff to work the best way to sort these things. :(

Last edited:
The charging port on 6 has started playing up after less then a year. I don't even take it dirt places like I've done past phones. It's always a massive faff to work the best way to sort these things. :(

I use this kind of thing. It's a fiver on th'Amazon. Sometimes shite* can be pulled out of ports very gently with a wooden cocktail stick.

1665950329455.png

* not actual shit

I use this kind of thing. It's a fiver on th'Amazon. Sometimes shite* can be pulled out of ports very gently with a wooden cocktail stick.

View attachment 347498

* not actual shit

I'll give it a go, but I don't think it's this. I've done some cleaning there and it doesn't look manky.

It started when it just buzzed for ages one night and woke me up to a message that the port was now clear of debris and moisture. My S8 some phone ago used to get phantom moisture after which it wouldn't charge for hours, drove me up the wall.

Screen protectors?

Do I need one? I've gone with a case that doesn't protect the glass. The Case-mate screenies are oos on Google's store page.

The phone has Corning's Gorilla Glass Victus*, but even so.
Have any of you bought a screen protector? editor steveseagull donkyboy PursuedByBears

* Gorilla Glass Victus | Toughest Gorilla Glass Yet | Corning Gorilla Glass

You didn't tag me but...

Unless you live a very sheltered life then yes. Even the toughest glass gets small scratches over years, just from pocket wear. The newer style made from a thin sheet of glass are way nicer then the horrible film things of old. And when they look knacked it's nice to peel it of and see just how good you screen still looks and put a new one on.

The only downside is that many can make the onscreen finger print reader a bitess accurate.

You didn't tag me but...

Unless you live a very sheltered life then yes. Even the toughest glass gets small scratches over years, just from pocket wear. The newer style made from a thin sheet of glass are way nicer then the horrible film things of old. And when they look knacked it's nice to peel it of and see just how good you screen still looks and put a new one on.

The only downside is that many can make the onscreen finger print reader a bitess accurate.

I found that the fingerprint reader on the screen of my Samsung A71 was crap after I applied a glass protector, even with the facility that is supposed to counteract this turned on in the settings. I notice that the Pixel has this setting too.

I found that the fingerprint reader on the screen of my Samsung A71 was crap after I applied a glass protector, even with the facility that is supposed to counteract this turned on in the settings. I notice that the Pixel has this setting too.

It seems a bit luck of the draw in regards to the one you buy.I miss having the reader on the back or side.

Even more fustrating as Ive got work email on mine, so cant use a swipe.

Screen protectors?

Do I need one? I've gone with a case that doesn't protect the glass. The Case-Mate screenies are oos on Google's store page.

The phone has Corning's Gorilla Glass Victus*, but even so.
Have any of you bought a screen protector? editor steveseagull donkyboy PursuedByBears

* Gorilla Glass Victus | Toughest Gorilla Glass Yet | Corning Gorilla Glass

I purchased this as I start. Not sure how well it will protect the screen from a fall. Will get another one later on. Ideally I want a tempered glass screen protector. they really do protect the screen as my pixel 3xl would testify. dropped it a few times with the glass shattering. Took the protector off, and the screen was perfect.

For case, I got this:

Oh yeah - forgot to mention - when I bought mine at Currys they told me they gave a 2-year warranty now on phones.

Anything wrong in the first 30 days and they just take it off you and give you a brand new one. After that, they send it off for repair.

Just thought I'd mention if you're thinking of getting one and warranty length is a concern. I used to use John Lewis for this reason but I don't live anywhere near one these days, so taking stuff back involves a lengthy drive.

Curry's arsed up my delivery on Saturday (as they arse up or lie about every delivering on a Saturday) so picked my pro up today. So far so good. will take it out for some photography some time this week but the stuff I have taken in my back garden has been impressive

Last edited:
The battery life is nowhere near as good as the P30 Pro but then that might be because I'm using the phone so much more.
The phone also has a clever thing that recognises and lists the tracks that it hears and does it from an on-phone database. Bloody great if you're a DJ and like to know the tracks you heard when you were out (without having to faff with Shazam)!

The battery life is nowhere near as good as the P30 Pro but then that might be because I'm using the phone so much more.
The phone also has a clever thing that recognises and lists the tracks that it hears and does it from an on-phone database. Bloody great if you're a DJ and like to know the tracks you heard when you were out (without having to faff with Shazam)!
It does what?! Wheres that setting?

Back
Top Bottom