Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good Vampire/Werewolf horror novels

ElliottAugust

I'm not looking for anything complex and full of BS, like Twilight, just simple horror book featuring either a Werewolf or a Vampire. If set in the 19th century it's even better. Also, don't suggest Dracula, because I already read that, and actually is why I'm here.

Not sure whether this would interest you, but I read a science book called Rabid - basically the history of rabies. It contained some stuff about the links rabies has to vampires.

Welcome by the way.

I'm not looking for anything complex and full of BS, like Twilight, just simple horror book featuring either a Werewolf or a Vampire. If set in the 19th century it's even better. Also, don't suggest Dracula, because I already read that, and actually is why I'm here.

And a frosty undead hello and welcome to you.

Here's my faves

Anno Dracula - Kim Newman. 19th century vampire romp set mostly in London
Fevre Dream - George RR Martin. 19th century vampires in Mississippi.
Interview With a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned - these are the first three in Anne Rice's trilogy; the series kind of fizzles out after that.

My two favourite vampire novels, though both set in the present:

Salem‘s Lot by Stephen King
Children of the Night by Dan Simmons

https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/
And a frosty undead hello and welcome to you.

Here's my faves

Anno Dracula - Kim Newman. 19th century vampire romp set mostly in London
Fevre Dream - George RR Martin. 19th century vampires in Mississippi.
Interview With a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned - these are the first three in Anne Rice's trilogy; the series kind of fizzles out after that.

I’ve never read a werewolf novel and I suppose there isn’t that much of a literary tradition because unlike with vampires, there isn’t a famous novel which popularised the monster. Stephen King‘s Silver Bullet and Gary Brandner‘s The Howling come to mind but in both cases I’ve only seen the movie. The werewolf has been popularised most by films, the most famous (though not the first) being The Wolf Man from 1941.

Back
Top Bottom