Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Good things Trump has done as President

ah come one he grabbing at straw to find good things Trump has done as president
and he has 2 things in the 4 year term of the Bright orange twat

kinda got to feel sad for a guy who gets his vinegars from the fella

Good boy!!!

That's stretching the definition of "good things" a little - if you tell your neighbour you're going to shit on his lawn, then inform him you've decided not to shit on his lawn after all, I don't think you deserve congratulations for not shitting on the lawn.

Finally, Trump is following through with one of his campaign statements.

A new Pew poll of 13 foreign countries reveals that perceptions of America have dropped drastically in recent years.

A few examples:
* In the United Kingdom, 83% had a favorable view of the US in 2000. Now just 41% feel the same way, the lowest number ever in Pew data.

* In Germany, just 26% now view the United States favorably -- down from 78% who said the same in 2000.

* In Canada, approval for their southern neighbors has gone from 72% in 2000 to 35% now.

What explains the collapse? Well, Trump mostly. The 13 countries' median rating on confidence in Trump to do the right thing in world affairs is just 16%. That includes a high of 25% in Japan and a low of 9% in Belgium.
Trump's dismal ratings are closely tied to perceptions about how he has led the US during the coronavirus pandemic. Across all 13 countries, a median of a measly 15% said the US had done a good job in dealing with Covid-19.[/quote]

Has he actually done some good in the Middle East? Someone who talks a lot of shit and is wildly inconsistent in their views claimed so and I expected it would be bullshit. Having looked at fairly mainstream news sites, it appears there might be something to it?

Has he actually done some good in the Middle East? Someone who talks a lot of shit and is wildly inconsistent in their views claimed so and I expected it would be bullshit. Having looked at fairly mainstream news sites, it appears there might be something to it?
Mixed bag. Bad for the Palestinians, Turkey and Iran.

Good for USA, France, Saudi Arabia and Israel. UAE might get some new shiny planes and a football team?

Finally, Trump is following through

Tbf if he did it in public it might be quite a good thing. Even the kind of Trumpanzees who don't seem to see that he's a graceless orange buffoon who's turning the US into a banana republic might notice that.

I wish I hadn't thought of it though.

A few examples:
* In the United Kingdom, 83% had a favorable view of the US in 2000. Now just 41% feel the same way, the lowest number ever in Pew data.

* In Germany, just 26% now view the United States favorably -- down from 78% who said the same in 2000.

* In Canada, approval for their southern neighbors has gone from 72% in 2000 to 35% now.

What explains the collapse? Well, Trump mostly.

If it's from 2000, Dubya wouldn't have helped the rating.

The good news headline is that under Trump the UAE and Bharain have normalized relations with Israel. Peace in the Middle East!

An alternative view is Trumps failure to get a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians prompted Netanyahu to announce the annexation of the West Bank, the UEA opened talks with Isreal using the US as an intermediary and agreed normalising relations in return for Netanyahu not annexing a big chunk of Palestinian. Bharain then followed.

But underneath that there's a far more complex picture, which I probably won't do justice to in a few lines: since the Arab Spring and the wars in Syria and Yemen the plight of the Palestinians has dropped down the priorities of the Sunni gulf oil states. They've been more concerned with Iranian power in the region and noted that is something they have in common with Israel. If they normalise relations that opens the possibility of trade with Isreal, but also puts them in the US's good books, enabling them to buy better weapons, especially F35 fighter jets. Also, making the US happy may cause some people to avert their eyes from what's been going on in Yemen.

Meanwhile, on the Mediterranean side of the Middle East, Syria is a smoking ruin, Lebanon was a disaster before it suffered an actual disaster and the Palestinians - well, they're as fucked as ever.

He hasn't launched a war against Iran or Venezuela. That's for the 2nd term.

Did quite like his last executive orders included one to reduce drugs prices by buying in from abroad (as long as that doesn't push up prices for the rest of us). Although he'd said he was going to do that right at beginning and seems to have totally failed.

The Trump administration on Wednesday effectively killed a contentious proposed mine in Alaska, a gold and copper prospect once envisioned to be nearly as deep as the Grand Canyon and could produce enough waste to fill an NFL stadium nearly 3,900 times — all near the headwaters of the world’s largest sockeye salmon fishery.

The Army Corps of Engineers “concluded that the proposed project is contrary to the public interest” and denied a permit to build the Pebble Mine under both the Clean Water Act and the Rivers and Harbors Act, the agency said in a statement.

The rejection was a surprise. It’s at odds with President Donald Trump’s efforts to encourage energy development in Alaska, including opening up part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, and other moves nationwide to roll back environmental protections that would benefit oil and gas and other industries.

The Trump administration on Wednesday effectively killed a contentious proposed mine in Alaska, a gold and copper prospect once envisioned to be nearly as deep as the Grand Canyon and could produce enough waste to fill an NFL stadium nearly 3,900 times — all near the headwaters of the world’s largest sockeye salmon fishery.

The Army Corps of Engineers “concluded that the proposed project is contrary to the public interest” and denied a permit to build the Pebble Mine under both the Clean Water Act and the Rivers and Harbors Act, the agency said in a statement.

The rejection was a surprise. It’s at odds with President Donald Trump’s efforts to encourage energy development in Alaska, including opening up part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, and other moves nationwide to roll back environmental protections that would benefit oil and gas and other industries.

One the face of it that looks like a good move.

I’m very reluctant to do this because the “bigly” thing is just so good.

But...

Not only is bigly a real word....

It’s not actually what he was saying.

Back
Top Bottom