Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury Festival 2021 - cancelled

The festival was cancelled because of the third lockdown. Then weeks later it was anounced that the lockdown will end on the 21st of June. So the festival could have gone ahead anyway as it is always at the end of June. Most other festivals that start in July and August are still on.

The festival was cancelled because of the third lockdown. Then weeks later it was anounced that the lockdown will end on the 21st of June. So the festival could have gone ahead anyway as it is always at the end of June. Most other festivals that start in July and August are still on.

Crikey, let them know quick, it may not be too late.

No, Glastonbury takes over a year to put on, there are all sorts of things that need to happen that would be harder to get to happen right now. No one is offering insurance on COVID cancellations. So if it got cancelled that would be it gone forever.

I dispute this now, and have also done so a few times, months back.

Glastonbury in normal (recent) years, has been a city the size of Bath, FFS!

Too big to have been practical at all to run a Glastonbury this year ( :( )

No, Glastonbury takes over a year to put on, there are all sorts of things that need to happen that would be harder to get to happen right now. No one is offering insurance on COVID cancellations. So if it got cancelled that would be it gone forever.

It's people like you that are talking this cuntry down. BELIEVE!

Anyway, it's just a few tents in a field, how hard can it be?

Just looked at the schedule and saw I couldn’t rewind to Wolf Alice who kicked it off, this Honey Dijon isn't really my thing, I'm done for tonight. Will look for the encore tomorrow.

Apart from the IT disaster, though it was really well made, I liked that grainy look they gave it. Hope people don't go all out for refunds.

I don’t think you understand... well, anything.

Yeah, I’m watching the beginning too. I’ll probably re-watch The Smile later as well. Idles are certainly making up for the downbeat stuff later on :D

The sets have been great. They’ve all been a bit different and not something that could have been done at an actual festival.

I was somewhat indifferent to the first few numbers in the Smiles set but I'm often that way upon a first listen to something, and my attention increased when things got more lively later in their set. I look forward to whatever they release.

I'm right now, and belatedly, catching up with some Glastonbury gigs -- archive stuff will follow later, but right now I'm picking up on some audienceless material from the "Glastonbury 2021" set of gigs from May (discussed earlier up) .......

I liked the Wolf Alice gig in the Stone Circle a lot! :cool: :)

Mixed feelings about the acts after that so far, but it;s nice to see footage of the site ..... despite me still finding images of an empty Worthy Farm freaky .... :confused: ----- disconcerts me :(

Looking forward though to moving from BBC2 to BBC4 for the Joe Rush documentary at 11:15 :cool: :)

Nicely played, BBC.

:D
I've SO got to catch up with some of these documentaries, as well as more old archive gig footage :)

But tonight, I was concentrating largely on the Joe Rush/Mutoid Waste documentary on BBC4 -- amazing stuff -- check it!!! ..... the (great) Glastonbury parts are towards the end, and with even more fascinating earlier Mutoid history before that! :cool: :)

I've SO got to catch up with some of these documentaries, as well as more old archive gig footage :)

But tonight, I was concentrating largely on the Joe Rush/Mutoid Waste documentary on BBC4 -- amazing stuff -- check it!!! ..... the (great) Glastonbury parts are towards the end, and with even more fascinating earlier Mutoid history before that! :cool: :)
great watch
not that it came up but i never knew Arcadia was started by Joe Mutoids brother

Back
Top Bottom