Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury Festival 2021 - cancelled

Thankyou :cool:

I don't think BristolEcho even thinks that either, TBF :)

I was just trying to rationalise my own thoughts atm, more than anything else :confused:

Yeah I know you do care about other things too and it's obviously fine to be downhearted about missing out on things that are important to us.

I will also admit a bias as I always find
the cult around Glastonbury to be a bit overbearing. It reminds me of Christmas which I equally dislike. :p

Probably just being a bit grumpy to be honest. I hope that it's all back on next year. :)

Yeah I know you do care about other things too and it's obviously fine to be downhearted about missing out on things that are important to us.

I will also admit a bias as I always find
the cult around Glastonbury to be a bit overbearing. It reminds me of Christmas which I equally dislike. :p

Probably just being a bit grumpy to be honest. I hope that it's all back on next year. :)

No problem -- I understand you :)

Even some Glastonbury people dislike some of the more cliquier/cultier aspects, which definitely exist in some parts of it, like in any big city! ;)

Even us crew types have our own in-crowds now and again :oops: :eek: :(

And also :D :p -- obviously we're looking forward to the major comeback one in 2022 big-style :cool: ... and I'm feeling better a bit now even, for these recent exchanges :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
So I just donated £20 quid to Glastonbury to watch the live stream tonight. Doing a swerve on the Eurovision.

I like that Glastonbury festivals feel they need to do something for anything they get. It's just the stream of a film. They don't really need to, could just create a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign, I'd donate and I expect there are a lot of people who would do the same. It also keeps the donation down to a modest £20.

So I just donated £20 quid to Glastonbury to watch the live stream tonight. Doing a swerve on the Eurovision.

I like that Glastonbury festivals feel they need to do something for anything they get. It's just the stream of a film. They don't really need to, could just create a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign, I'd donate and I expect there are a lot of people who would do the same. It also keeps the donation down to a modest £20.

I wasnt even aware of it till the special guests were announced, so now I've signed up too. I need to swerve the Coldplay bit though.

Its possible that seeing all the people complaining is more entertaining than what I'd have seen if the stream was actually working so far.

I think quite a few people thought the performances were actually live this evening too. Oh well, it is a shame to see entities still making these sorts of mistakes on the internet in 2021, should really have learnt by now.

Last edited:
Its possible that seeing all the people complaining is more entertaining than what I'd have seen if the stream was actually working so far.

I think quite a few people thought the perforamnces were actually live this evening too. Oh well, it is a shame to see entities still making these sorts of mistakes on the internet in 2021, should really have learnt by now.
:D

I can't get on, I missed the start as I was watching a movie that went on longer than I expected.

Are they trying to replicate buying tickets? Should have got YouTube to host it ffs.

I was thinking when I booked this, I hope they have the capacity to run a massive stream.

I don't mind really. Like I said it's a donation so I can go again next year. This just a small bonus.

Netflix put a lot of papers out there discussing how they deal with failure across the internet. It's a long read for the techy but it's an eye-opener how you make something inherently unreliable bulletproof. Apparently, it's not well read.

Yes I think they had to cave in and do what tech-knowledgeable people had been demanding they do for ages before they made that link available: bypass the auth code part of the system which was hopelessly overloaded (rather than the actual streaming bit which was not over capacity).

They had to open the gates or run out of time.

It's looking great. The idles started it. I couldn't appear to rewind to the very start. But its defo an improvement to the Eurovision!!!

Back
Top Bottom