Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury Festival 2021 - cancelled

Really gutted about all the festival cancellations, so many artsy people locked down with no income and it feels like a tory agenda to screw over the free folk. But maybe I'm just being silly.

Calling them 'the free folk' is pretty silly.
The "fairy folk" is what they were known as back in the cider days, but that seems a little passe these days. Jumpers for goalposts etc. Freelance folk is what I meant. Elton John of all people nailed it when he said the UK music industry is a collective 111 billion pound money train, and yet all the attention has been on a 1.1 billion fishing industry. Though we all like a bit of fish now don't we? Those Omega oils are essential. Rick Stein is not wrong on that score.

Also been watching some of the "Live at Worthy Farm stuff". When I saw the original e-mail, I must admit I was underwhelmed and didn't bother buying a ticket.

Having watched it on BBC2, my feelings haven't changed. A lot of it didn't interest me, and who were that terrible shouty band in the cowshed? The vocalist's voice was flatter than a pancake.

Also been watching some of the "Live at Worthy Farm stuff". When I saw the original e-mail, I must admit I was underwhelmed and didn't bother buying a ticket.

Having watched it on BBC2, my feelings haven't changed. A lot of it didn't interest me, and who were that terrible shouty band in the cowshed? The vocalist's voice was flatter than a pancake.
Podcasting from Pilton is as appealing as a post-festy Stilton.

The "fairy folk" is what they were known as back in the cider days, but that seems a little passe these days. Jumpers for goalposts etc. Freelance folk is what I meant. Elton John of all people nailed it when he said the UK music industry is a collective 111 billion pound money train, and yet all the attention has been on a 1.1 billion fishing industry. Though we all like a bit of fish now don't we? Those Omega oils are essential. Rick Stein is not wrong on that score.
i wonder how much that fishing industry is valued at now? we'll find out once their hush money stops

Back
Top Bottom