Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glade 2007 20-22 July

boing! said:
oh bugger, might make that plan a bit harder then...
i think glade can be blagged if i did get a ticket i would give a mate my bag and say i left my bag on the train with all my details in it

TylerD said:
So basically the heavy mob will be patrolling the outside, where they're needed, and there will be festival-friendly security on the inside. The organisers were very upset about the problems last year and they've worked hard on this issue for this year.

I'll believe that when I see it!

well i'm lead to believe that the arsehole-mob were spoken to early on last year and told to tone it down a LOT so i believe it.

The organisers reckon that because of the new rigs that the sound will probably be louder than last year because it won't carry so far.

Looks like Bong-Ra is playing :D

Dubversion said:
well i'm lead to believe that the arsehole-mob were spoken to early on last year and told to tone it down a LOT so i believe it.
Some heavy handed actions on sunday night were also definately noted and resulted in an onsite meeting with the head of security on monday morning, which I know because I witnessed the incident and had to stay up til the meeting which was a fucking struggle. Didn't know how much notice had been taken of it til recently, but it seems it may have been worthwhile as the production team were collecting in reports and word of mouth stuff through the festival.

fingers crossed it'll be a lot less on top this year inside the fence at least.

Longrange Live's gonna be fucking class - Phil Hartnoll's project he's been working on the last few years with Nick Smith (guy who's made several shit hot film sound tracks for the lieks of ridley scott), been getting right into some of their stuff recently.

free spirit said:
Longrange Live's gonna be fucking class - Phil Hartnoll's project he's been working on the last few years with Nick Smith (guy who's made several shit hot film sound tracks for the lieks of ridley scott), been getting right into some of their stuff recently.
is it kinda breaksy? i heard phil hartnoll dj recently and thought he was cack.

glade-1.jpg

Blimey thats not too clear is it, but its an email from the orginisers with the full line up.

showed up fine in my email...

looking a lot better, lots of dubstep. not much i want outside the Overkill tent, but that leaves more time for getting fucked up :D

BUMP!!

Me and Mrs Pagan just got our tickets:)

Was going to go to the Wickerman on the same weekend but we had such a wicked time last year that Mrs P persauded me to forgo the delights of Galloway anddo the 900 mile round trip south.
I hope security is more chilled this year and that the new site is as good and I hear theres some behind the scenes shenanigans about noise limits but let's hope they sort that out.
Plus its ALWAYS nice weather at The Glade:cool:

Bump? :D

So who's going then? There are still the very last of the tickets left at Access All Areas as far as i know :cool:

I've got the time booked off work cos I was going to do something else but I'm not anymore.

Considering work/blag type thing.

Onket said:
I've got the time booked off work cos I was going to do something else but I'm not anymore.

Considering work/blag type thing.

Oxfam still want stewards

It does involve some work though

JTG said:
Oxfam still want stewards

It does involve some work though

Yes, I was afraid of that!

I got an email off Glade about litter picking which is shorter shifts. Does the music go on all night? Is there a seperate camping area away from the music etc etc

Onket said:
Yes, I was afraid of that!

I got an email off Glade about litter picking which is shorter shifts. Does the music go on all night? Is there a seperate camping area away from the music etc etc

Music till 4 on Friday and Saturday night, everything stops at 8 on SUnday night if it's the same as last year.

Crew camping is well away from the main arena/public camping. Not too harsh a walk but easily far enough to not to have to worry about noise etc.

Back
Top Bottom