Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glade 2007 20-22 July

spiralx said:
What happened at Bloc then?

One of the best sets of the whole weekend - manically grinning bald fucker playing the filthiest of electro *and* techno, constantly stopping the music to abuse the crowd, got loads of plastic glasses thrown at him, lots of stage invasions, a pretend fight with a couple of pretty girls, more abuse, playing a track 'that's meant to sound like the soundsystem's broken', shelia's wheels, I love horses etc

And some more abuse.

Think of him as a wonky techno tim exile, with slightly less creative genius and a damn sight more agression.

:cool:

sam/phallocrat said:
One of the best sets of the whole weekend - manically grinning bald fucker playing the filthiest of electro *and* techno, constantly stopping the music to abuse the crowd, got loads of plastic glasses thrown at him, lots of stage invasions, a pretend fight with a couple of pretty girls, more abuse, playing a track 'that's meant to sound like the soundsystem's broken', shelia's wheels, I love horses etc

And some more abuse.

Think of him as a wonky techno tim exile, with slightly less creative genius and a damn sight more agression.

:cool:

right, told you i was fucked. I actually watched him, and yet missed almost all of that :D :D

Dubversion said:
right, told you i was fucked. I actually watched him, and yet missed almost all of that :D :D
I couldn't even say for sure whether I watched him or not:D

spoke with glade peeps yesterday btw... anyone want a sneaky deek at the techno headliners?

thought they said the decision date for the licence was the 16th though, so I'm not sure what the crack is with the ticket sales on the 14th:confused: (could have misheard though)

Ticket prices will be announced in the next week, and its as licensed as any other festival...

spiralx said:
Ticket prices will be announced in the next week, and its as licensed as any other festival...
no it's not - they have the hearing for their appeal / have the meeting for their resubmitted application at some point in the next few days, so keep your fingers crossed, at least that's what nick said when I spoke to him yesterday.

erm line up, not sure i want to be responsible for the lineup leaking across the interweb, but they have m-nus hosting one night so you can probably guess who that it, and a detroit legend who knows what rythmn is to host the saturday if that helps any;)

What I meant was more that they're going through the same process as any other festival has to rather than that they'd got it for definite.

oi walworth noooo

do you realise how much extra work we'd have to do if it was 75% hotter... we were the mugs who had to lug barrels of water to the front of all the stages then dish it out all weekend to stop people passing out with the heat (actually it was a fairly cush job really, but any hotter and we'd have been in trouble)

Respect to anyone working the glade, and the organisers. Had my ticket but couldn't go last year because I got stuck in Panama, so I have unfinished business this year. Hoping they do an early relese for mailing list subscribers, but failing that will be getting my tickets on the 14th.

Buzzing already, Bring it on!! :cool:

Just catching up on me emails and Bangface inform me that they will be present in the Overkill on friday night :)

Please don't let me be working Friday night, pleeeease.

The licence hearing was held yesterday and a decision has been deferred for five days, so the tickets aren't going on sale until the organisers know where they stand. :(

There's a bit more about it on the official Glade site here.

A couple of people who attended the hearing say a little about what went on here.

cheers TylerD... sounds like it's a bit touch and go like. Can't believe they can turn it down on noise issues if they can muster 2 people to turn up and complain, 1 of whom changes his mind and withdraws his objection after hearing about the noise restriction measures / function 1 etc

fingers crossed

do you have a direct link to the post on festival weather?

can only see a post hinting at it, nothing particularly definitive...

guess I could do some digging myself, but sounds like good news though I'm not sure how they'll cope with losing £400,000 income and increased police costs though.

Back
Top Bottom