Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

german govt vow crackdown after fascist kills cop

What's the deal on these guys? I'm seeing press saying they're neo-nazis but a quick google makes them look more like some sort of separatist movement.

What's the deal on these guys? I'm seeing press saying they're neo-nazis but a quick google makes them look more like some sort of separatist movement.
The use of the German for "citizen" in their name, combined with the conspiracy "thinking" and anti-semitism makes me think this is the local variation on "Freemen of the Land".

Here's the wiki. Reichsbürgerbewegung - Wikipedia
Does look like Freemen of the Land. But more organised. With their own spurious driving licenses and everything.
The last time I was in Berlin there was a big placard outside the Reichstag covered in what looked to me (via my limited German) as the usual crackpot tomfoolery of the FOTL crowd. So this is a thing in Germany also, alas.

The last time I was in Berlin there was a big placard outside the Reichstag covered in what looked to me (via my limited German) as the usual crackpot tomfoolery of the FOTL crowd. So this is a thing in Germany also, alas.
what did it say, roughly? and when was that?

It's a good thing. More people should demand the respection of or the invention of new customary rights against the state,

There are also some tolerably obvious parallels with the American 'Sovereign Citizen' people, Posse Comitatus and so on.

Structural parallels are not identity however, hence my asking if anyone was knowledgeable about them.

Back
Top Bottom