Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Geometric Art/ Mandala

chemn

shmemn
I started doing geometric art during lockdown, and find it to be quite therapeutic. I was doing a lot at the start of this year (I think it contributed to a bit of neck pain and stiffness 😅), but have not been doing so much recently. However, did a piece for a friend's birthday card earlier today, and took a video of most of the process:

I've got a few photos to post up...

Anyone else into creating/ viewing geometric art/ mandala?

You may notice that three of the above hand drawn pictures are basically the same pattern. I feel like I'm still finding my feet, and want to add more flare, but still happy doing geometric studies of the type above so far.

Hesitate to call the hand drawings 'art' - as above, think they are more just geometric studies. The digital stuff is a bit more arty... photo collage mandala. Would like to revisit that, but having great source material helps, and feel I've plumbed the depths of my photo collection a bit already. Might have to go out with the intention of acquiring photos for the purpose of making photo collage mandala at some point, or try and be a bit more creative/ try new things.

I found GIMP has a lovely symmetry feature ...

Back
Top Bottom