Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Election 2015 - chat, predictions, results and post election discussion

CEu-14_WIAAdxxM.jpg:large

David: "me and Ed can still be brothers"
Former Foreign Secretary David Miliband has criticised his brother Ed's leadership of the Labour Party.

He told the BBC Labour had lost the general election because voters "did not want what was being offered".

The leadership had allowed itself to be portrayed as "moving backwards", he said.

But Mr Miliband, who was beaten to the job of leader by his younger sibling in 2010, also said the two of them would "remain brothers for life".
Well, that's fucking sporting of you.

Very bad news, according to The Times, the new Business Secretary Sajid David, is considering implementing the Beecroft Report, basically hire and fire, you , you, not you...

ffs, and there is not really any organised labour to stop him.

Last edited:
The prime minister said the Tories needed to show they were the party of compassion by pressing ahead with reforms to welfare and education. Finally, he said, the Tories needed to bring the UK together.

The pundits might call it ‘blue-collar Conservatism’, others being on the side of hardworking taxpayers. I call it being the real party for working people: giving everyone in our country the chance to get on, with the dignity of a job, the pride of a paycheck, a home of their own and the security and peace of mind that comes from being able to support a family.”

“And just as important – for those that can’t work, the support they need at every stage of their lives.”

From guardian update, double plus good

The mistake that makes is in assuming that the 2010 Lib Dem vote was all "Centre". In truth, a lot of it was tactical. Lots of Labour supporters in constituencies that Labour couldn't win, for example, voted Lib Dem to keep the Tories out. In 2015 they just didn't bother.

Last edited:
CE3oIveXIAIznDI.jpg

"Herald" Wed 13/05/2015
... yeah, except that I don't think they are going to renege on their promise of more devolution to Scotland. (Reneging on that promise would be the biggest mistake a unionist could make at this point.)

Last edited:
... yeah, except that I don't think they are not going to renege on their promise of more devolution to Scotland. (Reneging on that promise would be the biggest mistake a unionist could make at this point.)

Yeah, I also thought that bin didn't quite belong there. But the Human Rights and the anti-union stuff is damn scary,

random twitter thing, but this article goes more in depth http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ral-election-if-it-were-a-party-10238290.html
and suggests the Didn't Vote party wouldve won it
The assumption of the labour right in this leadership campaign seems to be that they got their core vote and that wasn't enough so they need to pick up more going right. I wonder if that map indicates they didn't really get their core vote but I think we need more detailed analysis

... yeah, except that I don't think they are going to renege on their promise of more devolution to Scotland. (Reneging on that promise would be the biggest mistake a unionist could make at this point.)
did you follow the No campaign? they nearly lost it for themselves

Fred's daughter likes the gays now...

I bet Jack's turning in his hedgerow...and as for Bunty....How!

Back
Top Bottom