Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Update

Ebbsfleet United managing director Dave Archer has reassured supporters the club will not be taking voluntary relegation from the National League while a flurry of sackings has left crisis club Gateshead with just three full-time staff.

Rumours have circled over the future of the two clubs in Non-League’s top-flight following financial problems.

Fleet have paid their players late throughout the season and a story published online two weeks ago claimed they were considering resigning to the Bostik League.

Archer, though, has denied that is the case. “I can reassure supporters these season tickets will be for National League football next season,” he said.

“Some of you may have seen a story run by a website last week stating that we as a club were considering a drop down to a lower level. This was pure fiction.

“Both Peter Danzey (club secretary) and Ed Miller (communications manager) contacted the website concerned asking if they could substantiate the story and that website has now removed the article which tells you all you need to know.

“Myself, Garry Hill (manager) and all club staff are already hard at work preparing this club for the 2019/20 National League season.”

Meanwhile, Gateshead owner Dr Ranjan Varghese has sacked general manager Alisha Henry, assistant manager Ian Watson, sports injury therapist Annie Davis and player-kit man JJ O’Donnell, leaving the club with only three full-time employees. O’Donnell and Davis were both sacked via email.

Players and fans have been trying to force Varghese out of the club to allow former Rochdale chairman Chris Dunphy to take control.

The departures mean manager Ben Clark, club captain Scott Barrow and press officer Dominic Scurr are the club’s only full-time employees with Barrow’s contract set to run out at the end of June.
Ebbsfleet United will not take voluntary relegation but Gateshead problems worsen

shows the very real dangers of advancing beyond your financial and supporter base
Think we really need to consolidate and hopefully organise a new stadium and get our ownership sorted before even dreaming of the National League

Turning Champion Hill into a fortress and avoiding relegation for a second season would be my big hope for next season

shows the very real dangers of advancing beyond your financial and supporter base
Think we really need to consolidate and hopefully organise a new stadium and get our ownership sorted before even dreaming of the National League

Turning Champion Hill into a fortress and avoiding relegation for a second season would be my big hope for next season
Is there a problem with our ownership? Do you not trust Ben Clasper?

Marine are 125 years old shortly and have confirmed some special pre-seasons to celebrate. If there is anything in it I suggest we allow Marine the courtesy of announcing it / abide by a non disclosure.

If it is true what a shame Dave Fry died last summer. Whilst best known for his links with Prescot he was well known at Marine. He told a good story about how he had to persuade their chairman he wasn't a wind up merchant after he approached him in the bar and asked whether Dave supported Marine. Dave said no, Dulwich Hamlet.

Lovely little ground in a posh bit of Liverpool. I may be biased having lived there for three years but Liverpool is always a good weekend away. Fingers crossed.

Marine are 125 years old shortly and have confirmed some special pre-seasons to celebrate. If there is anything in it I suggest we allow Marine the courtesy of announcing it / abide by a non disclosure.

If it is true what a shame Dave Fry died last summer. Whilst best known for his links with Prescot he was well known at Marine. He told a good story about how he had to persuade their chairman he wasn't a wind up merchant after he approached him in the bar and asked whether Dave supported Marine. Dave said no, Dulwich Hamlet.

Lovely little ground in a posh bit of Liverpool. I may be biased having lived there for three years but Liverpool is always a good weekend away. Fingers crossed.

You’re not biased.

Well I overheard the Marine pre season trip being openly talked about by Hamlet fans in the bar last Friday, as were home games with Crystal Palace & Colchester United. Dates weren’t mentioned, so presumably these weren’t known. I first heard the Marine trip being mentioned on the Supporters Coach back from Chippenham, so it’s been mooted for a while. Hopefully details will be announced sooner rather than later so plans can be made for booking cheap train tickets.

Last edited:
Well I overheard the Marine pre season trip being openly talked about by Hamlet fans in the bar last Friday, as we’re home games with Crystal Palace & Colchester United. Dates weren’t mentioned, so presumably these weren’t known. I first heard the Marine trip being mentioned on the Supporters Coach back from Chippenham, so it’s been mooted for a while. Hopefully details will be announced sooner rather than later so plans can be made for booking cheap train tickets.
First I've heard of it, and Chippenham was a month ago now. Basically if it's supposed to be confidential any leak must have originated from whoever was contacted within our club, although I find it hard to believe that Marine would have said "whatever you do don't tell everyone yet". It's probably just something that may or may not happen at this stage, depending on all sorts of factors.

Unfortunately Marine were relegated this season, which must be the first time they've gone up or down for over thirty years. (They've been quite successful in the not too distant past but were always blocked from promotion due to having a three sided ground. )

Last few day to get your discounted early bird season tickets. Just renewed mine, works out at less than 3 quid a week, what a bargain :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom