Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Concord players get their bonus for finishing in playoffs. That’s all they are bothered about.

Double result that they don’t have to bother to play in them.

Win win for them.

Crazy. They made a big thing of investing in a better squad this season with the aim of a promotion push, yet they didn't bother investing in their ground first. When will they ever learn .

They also had the slowest tea bar service I've ever experienced, and were deducted 3 points for fielding an ineligible player because no one realised it was now more than 1 month since they'd signed him for a 1 month loan period.
Concord spent all their money on diving lessons!

Kingstonian forum on absolute fire!
Blimey:

I’ve watched us fall from arguably one of the best teams in non league to one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen! I remained loyal throughout so many of our disappointments such as going into administration,the Khosla debacle and finding ourselves homeless. Throughout all of that I still turned up every week proudly displaying my red and white hoops,even going multiple seasons without missing a game,league or cup!

The whole vibe at the club has now completely changed and there seems to be a massive divide between fans. There is a number of K’s fans that I have never liked or got on with personally and vice versa. However that never used to matter because as soon as the whistle went to start the game we were all together. We were all K’s and we’d spend 90 minutes chanting and cheering our team on until the very end,no matter the result! Sadly this show of unity no longer exists behind the goal and hasn’t for some time.

Add to all that the unnecessary ignorance of the board that seem to think it’s ok to not have any communication with the very few remaining supporters this club has. Despite various attempts from several fans trying to get some light shed on the current state of the club,all questions asked remain unanswered with absolutely no effort from them to even begin to put our minds at ease. These guys are meant to be ‘respected’ business men that thinks it’s ok to shun loyal,regular clientele and make no effort to communicate with them in any way.

The club is dying and unlike some of you I can’t just sit back and watch as our once great club fades into nothingness. The lack of vision,direction and fan engagement from the board has resulted in a season with the team nearly battling relegation when we should have been in the mix for promotion. Meanwhile crowds are dwindling, the ground has an empty feel and the atmosphere is dead. We have no permanent home and no plans for one either as far as we know!
I would say “I’ll miss you on the terrace” but I’m not going to be there either.

What the hell happened at Lewes?

I decided not to attend any more games this season after my experience at Lewes, I saw fellow Ks squaring up at each other , alcohol fuelled embarrassing behaviour that put our club in such a bad light but I agree the same guys make the noise that can lift the club.

From the South Coast by Iang

Paul Doswell has also joined Havant as boss so you'd expect them to be strong next season. Phenomenal job he did at Sutton.

Paul Doswell has also joined Havant as boss so you'd expect them to be strong next season. Phenomenal job he did at Sutton.
Havant have gone down, up, up, down in the last four seasons without changing the manager until now. Apparently Doswell lives at Winchester and wanted a job closer to home. That looks like a Gary Johnson type appointment and I'll be surprised if they aren't bookies favourites. Only downside is that if Woking screw up the play-offs we could be stuck with them for a while.

There are also rumours that Gateshead are going to resign from the National Division due to the overheads, in which case they would drop to the Northern Premier League and Aldershot would be reprieved from relegation, as would Truro with a higher points total than the 20th placed club in the North Division.

Havant have gone down, up, up, down in the last four seasons without changing the manager until now. Apparently Doswell lives at Winchester and wanted a job closer to home. That looks like a Gary Johnson type appointment and I'll be surprised if they aren't bookies favourites. Only downside is that if Woking screw up the play-offs we could be stuck with them for a while.

There are also rumours that Gateshead are going to resign from the National Division due to the overheads, in which case they would drop to the Northern Premier League and Aldershot would be reprieved from relegation, as would Truro with a higher points total than the 20th placed club in the North Division.

I’d like that.

Living in Aldershot people I know seem pretty confident the info about Gateshead is true. Some Gateshead fans have popped up on the Shots forum confirming they expect it to happen as well. It seems a new fan owned/run Gateshead may emerge at a lower level.

Living in Aldershot people I know seem pretty confident the info about Gateshead is true. Some Gateshead fans have popped up on the Shots forum confirming they expect it to happen as well. It seems a new fan owned/run Gateshead may emerge at a lower level.

Sounds like 5 out of 6 full time Gateshead staff including the manager and assistant have been dismissed - and the manager who had done so well against the odds was dismissed by e-mail. Bit of a shambles really!

Whilst it doesn't affect us or involve the play-offs to reach our division, the Southern League Premier Central play-offs have been postponed due to another ineligible player fiasco regarding Stratford Town. The infringement in question occurred in a match played in February and the FA has only just got around to making an issue of it. So in the 4 years since the Enfield Town farce nothing has changed.

I also heard today from an East Thurrock fan today that Ebsfleet are also struggling and may go the Gateshead route. Anyone heard anything about this?

Back
Top Bottom