Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General Coronavirus (COVID-19) chat

Yes everyone I know who has had a +ve lateral flow and then has gone for a PCR then gets +ve on that. So proposed change makes sense to me.
A lot of swapping around of LFT kits here if people desperately need them and can’t get any more - through friends, street WhatsApp etc

Why do people ‘desperately’ need them? Can’t they just eke out what they already have (if they have any) more and reduce the frequency they take tests?
I’d be happy to go back to once a week from five a week or before getting on a long train journey.

Why do people ‘desperately’ need them? Can’t they just eke out what they already have (if they have any) more and reduce the frequency they take tests?
I’d be happy to go back to once a week from five a week or before getting on a long train journey.
People who have doctor, dentist or hospital appointments. Emergency services and key workers who have to test for work. Carers, teachers and NHS staff. Retail workers and taxi drivers. School and college kids of course.

Plus people (a lot at the moment) who have tested positive so are testing.

We need to do one before visiting mum. On the day.

Exactly, save them for occasions like that I reckon, just going to do one on Monday mornings for work and before any journey or non-family social occasion

Just doing one on a Monday for work is pointless, you could catch it on Tuesday, and start spreading it about a day or two later, not knowing it until the following Monday.

Last edited:
Just doing one on a Monday for work is pointless, you could catch it on Tuesday, and start spreading it about a day or two later, not knowing it until the following Monday.
Aye, but at least you won’t be bringing it in from wherever you’ve been at the weekend. I will have 14 left now as I’m giving the the rest to customers who were either seniors/vulnerable or doing stuff like shopping for isolated family.

Exactly, save them for occasions like that I reckon, just going to do one on Monday mornings for work and before any journey or non-family social occasion
Some households have multiple family members going out to lots of different places regularly.
I'd have to test many days per week if I'm testing whenever I go somewhere and I'm just a single adult family and my kids aren't teens.
A lot of people are also very anxious and want to test often.

"In 2010 Djokovic met with a nutritionist who asked him to hold a piece of bread while he pressed down on his arm. Djokovic claims he was much weaker while holding the bread, and cited this as evidence of gluten intolerance."

I thought he was just an arrogant twunt but apparently he may well be a bona-fide Loon

There are people at work and friends who seem to have Covid for the second time within about a month. Does this mean they had Delta before and Omicrom second? One friend thinks she's got Delta the second time. All London based so seems Delta is unlikely but can you get Omricrom twice and quite close together?
I realise this comes without some scientific back up about what tests they've had because I don't have all that information. But that's why I posted it in this thread.

My sister's just tested positive. She's been wfh (as has everyone else in her house) and hasn't been inside anywhere recently apart from the supermarket once. 🤷‍♀️

She's boostered and all that so just feeling a bit rough. The weather's rubbish where she is so guess that makes staying at home a bit less rubbish. She is reconsidering the whole dry January thing though.

There are people at work and friends who seem to have Covid for the second time within about a month. Does this mean they had Delta before and Omicrom second? One friend thinks she's got Delta the second time. All London based so seems Delta is unlikely but can you get Omricrom twice and quite close together?
I realise this comes without some scientific back up about what tests they've had because I don't have all that information. But that's why I posted it in this thread.

I think you can get what seems to be a recurrence of symptoms after a few clear weeks, without necessarily being re-infected.

A few of us at work (we all had it early December) were discussing that today - just comparing symptoms like fatigue & breathlessness / light-headedness.
Must admit it hadn't occurred to me to re-test as I just didn't think you could get it again that quick.

I've also developed Covid fingers which seems to be a thing that kicks in a month or so after the original infection, so it makes sense to me that if I can get that - after a few weeks of feeling more or less ok - then it's somehow just having another wash around my system...

I think you can get what seems to be a recurrence of symptoms after a few clear weeks, without necessarily being re-infected.

A few of us at work (we all had it early December) were discussing that today - just comparing symptoms like fatigue & breathlessness / light-headedness.
Must admit it hadn't occurred to me to re-test as I just didn't think you could get it again that quick.

I've also developed Covid fingers which seems to be a thing that kicks in a month or so after the original infection, so it makes sense to me that if I can get that - after a few weeks of feeling more or less ok - then it's somehow just having another wash around my system...
That sounds more like long covid than actually having it again.
At least one of the people I'm thinking about has tested positive in December and now in January, unless one was a false positive.

That sounds more like long covid than actually having it again.
At least one of the people I'm thinking about has tested positive in December and now in January, unless one was a false positive.
You can test positive for 90 days after your initial infection. With it being so close together I'd assume probably still testing positive from the first bout.

Omicrons immune escape properties probably require some recalibration of opinion about reinfection timing possibilities, so I exclude such possibilities less than I would have done before the Delta->Omicron period. But yeah, I'd still say its less likely the closer together the two incidents of infection are perceived to be.

You can test positive for 90 days after your initial infection. With it being so close together I'd assume probably still testing positive from the first bout.
Possibly. However one is sick again. Just wondering if you can get Omicron twice or Delta and Omicron straight after each other.

Delta then Omicron is more likely due to the ability of Omicron to escape immunity that resulted from infections with previous strains.

However when considering very short time periods between the two, in theory we might expect certain antibody levels to still be rather high some weeks after the first infection. But its not foolproof stuff.

Delta then Omicron is more likely due to the ability of Omicron to escape immunity that resulted from infections with previous strains.

However when considering very short time periods between the two, in theory we might expect certain antibody levels to still be rather high some weeks after the first infection. But its not foolproof stuff.
But would be people have been getting Delta in London in December, wasn't it all Omicron?

Back
Top Bottom