Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm terribly surprised

Netanyahu indicates Israel won’t cooperate with UN probe

The UN Human Rights Council (HRC), which this week appointed a commission to investigate Israel’s conduct during the month-long Operation Protective Edge, lends legitimacy to such terror groups as the Islamic State and Hamas, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Wednesday.

Netanyahu said the commission should look elsewhere, not Israel, for war crimes, and intimated that Israel would not cooperate with its members, although he did not explicitly rule out such cooperation...

if our parliament deems the zionist entity extremist who am i to argue.

Not strictly our Parliament, but one of its Committees, chaired by (shh!) an ex-journalist who, for a LibDem, isn't a bad man to have a beer with and reminisce about strikes at Aberdeen newspapers...

But, yes, smart work getting that wording agreed.

No surprise about the lack of co-operation. They didn't co-operate with the Goldstone report so why would they do so this time around?

Venezuela Will House Gazan Orphans

gazakids.jpg_1718483346.jpg

Gazan children have been hit by the violence (Photo: Reuters).
Published 15 August 2014
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on email

1,346 Palestinian children were left without one or more of their parents.

After meeting with Palestinian Foreign Minister Ryad Al-Maliki, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro confirmed Friday that his country will be housing children orphaned in Israel's war on Gaza.

http://telesurtv.net/english/news/Venezuela-Will-House-Gazan-Orphans-20140815-0065.html

Iron spade? Robots?

Israel is developing a new system that will detect and destruct tunnels as they are dug by Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, Britain’s weekly The Sunday Times reported.

The new system, which was developed by a consortium led by Elbit Systems, Israel’s biggest developer of military technology, is expected to eliminate any future threat from the tunnels without recourse to such large-scale force.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...lop-iron-spade-to-counter-Hamas-tunnels-.html

PROMISED LAND

A family arrived and said they had papers

to prove that his house was theirs.

No, no, said the man, my people have always lived here,

my father, grandfather .... and look, the garden,

my great-grandfather planted that.

No, no, said the family, look at the documents.

There was a stack of them.

Where do I start? said the man.

No need to read the beginning, they said,

turn to the page marked ‘Promised Land’.

Are they legal? he said, who wrote them?

God, they said, God wrote them, look -

Here come His tanks.

Posted by MichaelRosen

Iron spade? Robots?
if it's the equivalent of iron dome - which we all found out was a crock of shit - then why not spend the £430m on something useful like preventing conflict in the future by zionists saying sorry to the palestinians and really withdrawing from the west bank and gaza, leaving the palestinians in a position to determine their own future?

PROMISED LAND

A family arrived and said they had papers

to prove that his house was theirs.

No, no, said the man, my people have always lived here,

my father, grandfather .... and look, the garden,

my great-grandfather planted that.

No, no, said the family, look at the documents.

There was a stack of them.

Where do I start? said the man.

No need to read the beginning, they said,

turn to the page marked ‘Promised Land’.

Are they legal? he said, who wrote them?

God, they said, God wrote them, look -

Here come His tanks.

Posted by MichaelRosen

Reminds me of the Propagandhi song 'Fixed Frequencies':

Here in the land that Abraham was promised to receive we listen to you catechize from your pulpit overseas. You mourn the proofs of our barbarity. Dry your eyes, oh Pharisee. We both speak a settler's cant. We both read from the same old played out scripts and hum familiar tunes, broadcast on fixed frequencies, stuck in locking grooves. We both profess noble intent as we civilize human impediments. So if your hands are clean then noblesse oblige that you wipe that "who me?" look off your face and concede our designs separated by nothing more than place and time. Different scenes, same crimes. Pray, let him who's without sin cast the first statues of the former rogues turned folk heroes that your forefathers hung. Don't lecture me about plundered soil while you loaf upon your father's spoils. We want nothing more than what you already have: a comforting set of exculpatory "facts" like, say, the myth of an empty land and a conquest so complete we can pull these tanks from our streets and hand the loose ends over to bureaucrats and become just like you - lounging carefree in your cafes, absolved from sin and human grenades. Entre nous, how did your desert bloom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom