Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is, if you need it, direct proof that the IOF deliberately targets civilians and deliberately targets ambulances. I don't even know what to say about it really. It's pure savagery. I'll put it under a spoiler. There's no bloody scenes or anything but it's still grim.

Isn't that how they all ended up in Gaza - "humanitarian relocation"?

Not all of them, but probably most.

These people really are Americans, aren't they: the proof being their utter lack of any sense of irony, of history or, therefore, of historical irony.

The historical reference is to the "population transfers" and the one that comes to mind is the "population exchange" between Greece and Turkey in 1923 - the event that seeded the imagination with these images:

E2A those links refer to abuse of Greeks expelled from what is now Turkey; there are tales to be told on the other side too.

Last edited:
Here is, if you need it, direct proof that the IOF deliberately targets civilians and deliberately targets ambulances. I don't even know what to say about it really. It's pure savagery. I'll put it under a spoiler. There's no bloody scenes or anything but it's still grim.

it's like the end of 'cloverfield' where you don't see the bomb but you hear it on the still running camera.

TBH though it doesnt really matter what Hamas currently believe; sort out many of the grievances of the ordinary people for whom they are currently the only viable option and they will end up facing a choice between becoming an irrelevance and having to change tack.

Great posts Agri.

A photo taken today (AP) from Khuzaa, south Gaza;

Bt9bvkwIMAAlKgW.jpg:large

'It was like the mountains on the moon', Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughter House Five

I've seen reports that seem to indicate that the HAMAS attack in which they captured the Israeli soldier actually took place at 7am before the ceasefire was due to take place at 8am, which would mean that it was Israel that broke the ceasefire with its response, not Hamas with the initial attack as has been widely reported.

can anyone find anything definitive on this?

I dunno if you're just making an observation or, in a round about way, saying it's staged. It did cross my mind but there's other views of it too from different angles.
no, i don't think i'm saying that at all. there's people bustling round for ages, you see there's an ambulance and then there's an almighty bang. if it was staged i think it would be more dramatic. i think it's real. at the end of cloverfield they're in a park, there's a bang and the camera keeps on going, it's the same sort of ending only cloverfield's not real.

I've seen reports that seem to indicate that the HAMAS attack in which they captured the Israeli soldier actually took place at 7am before the ceasefire was due to take place at 8am, which would mean that it was Israel that broke the ceasefire with its response, not Hamas with the initial attack as has been widely reported.

can anyone find anything definitive on this?
I doubt there could be anything definitive, just each side blaming the other.

no, i don't think i'm saying that at all. there's people bustling round for ages, you see there's an ambulance and then there's an almighty bang. if it was staged i think it would be more dramatic. i think it's real. at the end of cloverfield they're in a park, there's a bang and the camera keeps on going, it's the same sort of ending only cloverfield's not real.

Fair enough I was just checking and yes you are right about it being like cloverfield. I thought it a bit of a crass comment but then again I'm taking everything way too much to heart today, especially with regards to this. I think I've spent too much time talking about it and watching it all unfold while I sit here powerless to stop it. Yay! :thumbs:

No, Pickman's wasn't suggesting it was staged at all. Anyway here's what looks like the same incident from another angle.

Warning, its not good.

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4349...ootball-legend-zaqout-killed-in-gaza-conflict

Palestine football legend Zaqout killed in Gaza conflict

The 49-year-old was the latest high profile victim of the battle between Hamas and Israel's army that has raged since mid-July and claimed the lives of over 1,000 people

Palestine footballing legend Ahed Zaqout has been killed in Gaza after an Israeli shell hit the former midfielder's home while he was sleeping on Wednesday.

The 49-year-old was not politically involved in the conflict between Palestine militant group Hamas, based in Gaza where he resides, and Israel but was killed by the latter nation's IDF army's bombing of the region this week.

Emergency services and neighbours rushed to the home of the former football star - who had recently been working as a presenter for a Palestine sports programme - but were unable to save his life.

Zaqout, a midfielder before he hung up his boots, will be remembered most for taking to the pitch against a star-studded French side with included current Uefa president Michel Platini in a 1994 friendly against Palestine.

Four years later, the country's football team was accepted into Fifa and in July 2014 reached an all-time high of 85th on the world football association's ranking.

However, Palestine's hopes of improving their national team continue to be thwarted by region's conflict with Israel and the current bombardment from the IDF has killed over 1,000 citizens of Gaza.

Fifa is currently monitoring Israel over the country's alleged violations of Palestine football, including preventing players from travelling to and from matches, but sanctions against the nation were ruled out in June.

And of course keeping the Pentagon happy. Nothing like seeing your kit properly tested before you use it.

Well this is it. Weaponry must be used. A balance sheet containing assets of whatever form, must dispose of such assets to enable the recognition of revenue. Warfare is an adjunct of capitalism. This is not to deny its prevalence in other means of subsistence.

I noticed that a biscuit/icecream factory had been destroyed yesterday. I wondered why? All became clear 5 minutes ago - the Palestine Red Crescent kept medicines in refrigeration there. All destroyed.

Who is going to control the flow of assets after the war? Israel. Warfare is a revenue gathering exercise, whether direct US sponsorship, which justifies internal US spend, or taxing materials entering Palestinian territories.

Anymore news on the bodies found in that house in Khuzaa? that were thought to have been executed & then burnt? Last tweet I did see was that an Israeli shell casing had been left at the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom