Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gavin Rose leaves Dulwich Hamlet and new interim coach appointed

• Total voters
I hope our winning streaks are as long as this paragraph:

Paul is already well-known to many of the people at the club and has a strong background in developing clubs both on and off the pitch and the club are looking forward to Paul working with the board, in particular Dumebi Dumaka as Director of Football on the evolution of all teams at Dulwich Hamlet, and also Mark Weatherald, our Director responsible for planning on the development of our plans for training facilities, the new stadium and expanding our sporting provision.

Be warned, I'll be bringing my "This is how fast running loss-making coaches would burn through the Supporters Trust's reserves" spreadsheet from a few years back. Fun Fact: a trip to Truro knocks out an entire day's sales in the MegaContainer!
sorry i'm a bit late to this party ; fun fact : a single day's sales will fund a trip to truro !

Whatever, they made use of the conditions, the wind was still blowing in the second half.

I recall by the second half it had died down a lot... Good toss to win, but I don't think we would have taken advantage quite so clinically.

It was Reece that missed the coach. I recall he was late for evening training once, "cos he overslept". Stuff we learnt around this time as players were broadcasting their lives on Periscope, including away coach trips.

Because there is still a process for finding a permanent Head Coach for the First Team
I get it's his choice, but punchy of Barnes to leave his job at Redhill if he's only going to be in charge for a few games before someone permanent comes in.

I get it's his choice, but punchy of Barnes to leave his job at Redhill if he's only going to be in charge for a few games before someone permanent comes in.
Guessing he’s been told that the job’s his unless he makes a complete balls up of it in the next few weeks?…

Guessing he’s been told that the job’s his unless he makes a complete balls up of it in the next few weeks?…
Big vote of confidence for him.

We might give you the job, but we're not sure. Have a go, try not to balls it up, and we'll let you know if someone better comes along.

Big vote of confidence for him.

We might give you the job, but we're not sure. Have a go, try not to balls it up, and we'll let you know if someone better comes along.
He is an excellent coach respected by players.

In terms of the future, I have no knowledge of any future role for Paul Barnes but I am sure there is potentially a role in helping the club get its set up right for the future.

Looking at his LinkedIn profile he seems more like a firefighter in a managerial role than someone who’s going to in a role for the long haul. That said he has been employed by some of the more “interesting” owners in non league football Staines Town for example! Being Director of Football at a top public school like Westminster is what actually pays the bills. That’s something that is probably more important in his CV along with his vast experience running academies. Whether a link up with Westminster School for a future academy’s is on the cards would only be speculation https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-barnes-37681148

Looking at his LinkedIn profile he seems more like a firefighter in a managerial role than someone who’s going to in a role for the long haul. That said he has been employed by some of the more “interesting” owners in non league football Staines Town for example! Being Director of Football at a top public school like Westminster is what actually pays the bills. That’s something that is probably more important in his CV along with his vast experience running academies. Whether a link up with Westminster School for a future academy’s is on the cards would only be speculation https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-barnes-37681148
Looking forward to an all-Tarquin back four.

Reactions: EDC
That Thurrock game was a cracking day out even though we lost. Bloody wind. I remember driving up in my mother-in-law's clapped out old Zafira, honking as we went down the dual carriageway past the folk walking from the station, Hamlet scarves trailing from the back windows :D

Looks like Paul's Assistant, Daniel Gill, is coming with him. Redhill have tweeted thanking both for their work at the club.

Looks like Paul's Assistant, Daniel Gill, is coming with him. Redhill have tweeted thanking both for their work at the club.
Tommy Cooney, who has been playing for Faversham this season, has also tweeted to say he’ll be part of Barnes’ staff.

I'm kinda intrigued that everyone seems to be leaving seemingly more secure roles (if there is such a thing in football) for what has been pegged as an interim period.

You would imagine a new permanent manager/coach might have a few of his preferred people.

Good to see people backing themselves.

Pleased for the team and for Paul. Interesting that David Oldfield has left Weymouth; he did a great job at Oxford City and I wonder if he might be a good permanent manager for Dulwich?

Back
Top Bottom