Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gavin Rose leaves Dulwich Hamlet and new interim coach appointed

• Total voters
The owner could have provided free coaches to every away game if they wanted to, from the club turnover.
It's an idea. No club in country provides free coaches to away games. So our chairman is no worse than the chairman at any other club?

Get your facts right. Ben Clasper doesn't own the club. The supporters trust own something like 50%. You could have joined the supporters trust board and proposed that. But you didn't!

So you actually dislike the chairman because you think he is wealthy? Wow!

We finally get to the root of your problem? If you had said that two years ago we wouldn't have had to have all this pointless banter. Filling up the disk drives on the servers in the Urban data centre!

This is exactly why the club would never want to link to this unofficial forum.

Last edited:
The Q&As. Self-selecting groups. The comments you yourself have heard and read at the games, on the forum, amongst your friends. You have heard these views represented at the Q&As?

Let alone the fact the Q&As aren’t opportunities to listen to fans but instead to answer their questions often with PR fluff.

If he wants to hollow out the club he is going about it the right way. He doesn’t have to listen to me. Enough people like you to agree with him.
Yep. Because I've raised them in an open meeting that could be attended in person or online. I've received a thought through response every time. Don't always agree with the answer but I appreciate the ability to ask and make my feelings made. Can't ask more than that. I've had the opportunity to run for the Trust - as we all have - and get more involved but decided I couldn't afford the time or mental effort that others put in. So that's on me.

Firstly why should the owner pay for coaches yes there is a way to do it. He could book it and pay up front. Then at every home game set up a table in main bar for bookings cash up front but then who would do it ????

Coaches to away games should only ever be the responsibility of either a supporters club or similar to organise. I'd much rather the chairman not waste his time with minutiae like that.

Paying up front for x amount of coaches to x game is a minefield anyway. Pre-booked and pre paid by us fans or the club risks losing huge amounts.

Firstly why should the owner pay for coaches yes there is a way to do it. He could book it and pay up front. Then at every home game set up a table in main bar for bookings cash up front but then who would do it ????

I can’t imagine any fan volunteering to run a coach, anyone that did wouldn’t be the new one but the dont slow down one.

Coaches to away games should only ever be the responsibility of either a supporters club or similar to organise. I'd much rather the chairman not waste his time with minutiae like that.

Paying up front for x amount of coaches to x game is a minefield anyway. Pre-booked and pre paid by us fans or the club risks losing huge amounts.

Huge amounts like what £500? Huge amounts.

For the record, it's not so much the size of the crowds for me (3,000 people watching the football and getting behind the team sounds like a brilliant day out), but the ever increasing number of people that are there to either take the piss out of the football being played - laughing when a pass goes astray, or a shot goes out the ground, or claiming the only way a goal will be scored is if it goes in off someone's arse - or to spend their time facing away from the pitch, chatting about their property portfolio or long term holiday plans post Covid - all things I've overheard or witnessed at recent home games stretching back into last season. I could of course move away from them, but if it's anywhere near or after kick-off you end up scrabbling for somewhere to actually see the game which defeats the object of my being there.

The standard of football for most of the last year and the lack of communication from the club also played a part in me not wanting to go anymore - although those things can obviously change, with baleboy_93 already turning the comms around.

On the make up of the crowd, that's up to me to make a decision. Everyone is entitled to pay their money and their time is their own once they're in the ground. They're not being offensive, just expressing their opinion or chatting with their friends. And you could argue that the piss takers and landlords might be less derogatory / disinterested if the football on the pitch was a bit more enjoyable.

All that said, I'd also absolutely go to away games if there were free coaches. And tickets. And dinners.

It's an idea. No club in country provides free coaches to away games. So our chairman is no worse than the chairman at any other club?

Get your facts right. Ben Clasper doesn't own the club. The supporters trust own something like 50%. You could have joined the supporters trust board and proposed that. But you didn't!

So you actually dislike the chairman because you think he is wealthy? Wow!

We finally get to the root of your problem? If you had said that two years ago we wouldn't have had to have all this pointless banter. Filling up the disk drives on the servers in the Urban data centre!

This is exactly why the club would never want to link to this unofficial forum.

Any link to where I said I don’t like the Chairman cos he is wealthy?

For the record, it's not so much the size of the crowds for me (3,000 people watching the football and getting behind the team sounds like a brilliant day out), but the ever increasing number of people that are there to either take the piss out of the football being played - laughing when a pass goes astray, or a shot goes out the ground, or claiming the only way a goal will be scored is if it goes in off someone's arse - or to spend their time facing away from the pitch, chatting about their property portfolio or long term holiday plans post Covid - all things I've overheard or witnessed at recent home games stretching back into last season. I could of course move away from them, but if it's anywhere near or after kick-off you then end up scrabbling for somewhere to actually see the game, which defeats the object of my being there.

The standard of football for most of the last year and the lack of communication from the club also played a part in me not wanting to go anymore - although those things can obviously change, with baleboy_93 already turning the comms around.

On the make up of the crowd, that's up to me to make a decision. Everyone is entitled to pay their money and their time is their own once they're in the ground. They're not being offensive, just expressing their opinion or chatting with their friends. And you could argue that the piss takers and landlords might be less derogatory / disinterested if the football on the pitch was a bit more enjoyable.

All that said, I'd also absolutely go to away games if there were free coaches. And tickets. And dinners.

And free Bovril.

B.I.G and scousedom. U both seem to know people within the club. A little job for both of u. Pre match on Saturday before every home game I make sure u both got drinks ❤️👍

For the record, it's not so much the size of the crowds for me (3,000 people watching the football and getting behind the team sounds like a brilliant day out), but the ever increasing number of people that are there to either take the piss out of the football being played - laughing when a pass goes astray, or a shot goes out the ground, or claiming the only way a goal will be scored is if it goes in off someone's arse - or to spend their time facing away from the pitch, chatting about their property portfolio or long term holiday plans post Covid - all things I've overheard or witnessed at recent home games stretching back into last season. I could of course move away from them, but if it's anywhere near or after kick-off you then end up scrabbling for somewhere to actually see the game, which defeats the object of my being there.

No point saying its not because of the size of the crowds. They won’t see what they don’t want to see.

Plenty of clubs pay for free travel for their fans including Dulwich on more than one occasion.

But doing so on a regular basis would attract the wrong types, those that aren’t those that Ben hangs out with behind the goal.

Well you are against the club running free coaches are you not?

Hence the away support consists of those that can afford train and car travel.

I'm against the club wasting money on what will amount to miniscule take-up on the offer. Subsidised travel is one thing, completely free something else.

Since you're so concerned over the welfare of those elderly and infirm, what happens when they have to share free coach spaces with those of a lesser stature? One coach for them, one for everyone else perhaps?

I'm against the club wasting money on what will amount to miniscule take-up on the offer. Subsidised travel is one thing, completely free something else.

Since you're so concerned over the welfare of those elderly and infirm, what happens when they have to share free coach spaces with those of a lesser stature? One coach for them, one for everyone else perhaps?

You just say there are free coaches for those that meet this criteria. If they want to provide free coaches for all then that’s fine too.

It takes 40 people to take up the spaces on the coach. If the club can’t fill that with fans of whatever criteria that says a lot about the fanbase as well.

The owner could have provided free coaches to every away game if they wanted to, from the club turnover.

You know instead of giving it to Gavin to waste or whatever else they decided were more important than the fans. Let the elderly and disabled take the train!
Didn’t have ‘Ben is ableist‘ on the Gav is out discourse bingocard

Be warned, I'll be bringing my "This is how fast running loss-making coaches would burn through the Supporters Trust's reserves" spreadsheet from a few years back. Fun Fact: a trip to Truro knocks out an entire day's sales in the MegaContainer!

Better to buy shares in the club. Because its in no way possible to issue more shares to someone else and dilute the ownership.

Be warned, I'll be bringing my "This is how fast running loss-making coaches would burn through the Supporters Trust's reserves" spreadsheet from a few years back. Fun Fact: a trip to Truro knocks out an entire day's sales in the MegaContainer!
See u there in main bar about 7. I be the one with the collection tin for away game at Margate. ReplY I’m sure u sell tickets on coach for that. A afternoon out by the sea

Better to buy shares in the club. Because its in no way possible to issue more shares to someone else and dilute the ownership.
It's a valid point. However, to counter I'd say:
  • that hasn't happened as the Trust has converted its reserves into shares (doesn't mean it won't or it couldn't but it hasn't),
  • that the Trust's money was invested in other things that improved fan experience (e.g. new seats),
  • that there is logic to the Trust deciding that investing the reserves built up over c20 years in the club for the goal of long-term ownership was better than burning through the reserves in c10 years on coaches people really weren't using,
  • that anyone who sat through the year's worth of meetings on coaches that a small bunch of us did would rather walk to every away game than have to organise another coach.

Back
Top Bottom