Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gavin Rose leaves Dulwich Hamlet and new interim coach appointed

• Total voters
He can be proud of what he achieved at the club. But it was the right decision. Should have been done a couple of years ago. Bobby Wilkinson is being talked about as a replacement.

The end of last season and the start of this has been like watching Ali’s last fights. Having known Gavin & Junior for so long it’s tough for things to end in such a way. One wonders if the club will revive that proposed Testimonial that was postponed in 2020 due to Covid fears. It would give a massive chance for fans to say a proper goodbye and thanks to Gavin & Junior as well as raising funds for a truly important cause. Dulwich Hamlet manager's testimonial involving Rio Ferdinand is off - Southwark News

He can be proud of what he achieved at the club. But it was the right decision. Should have been done a couple of years ago. Bobby Wilkinson is being talked about as a replacement.
Does appear Wilkinson has made himself available after leaving Bracknell

Word on the local non league grapevine is Bobby Wilkinson has left Bracknell with a higher ranked club job lined up. The list of higher ranked clubs with a vacancy is quite short....

(Bracknell play in Sandhurst just down the road from me.)

Word on the local non league grapevine is Bobby Wilkinson has left Bracknell with a higher ranked club job lined up. The list of higher ranked clubs with a vacancy is quite short....

(Bracknell play in Sandhurst just down the road from me.)

Some of that classic loyalty right there.

"The club has decided not to complete and execute the contract extension for Gavin Rose’s role as men’s first team manager and he will leave the position with immediate effect."

Firstly, does that mean Gavin Rose had agreed, or even signed, the contract extension?

Secondly, thought his last contract expired before the start of the season - was he working on a non-contract basis with the contract extension not fully executed?

Thirdly, what about his other role with the Academy?

"The club has decided not to complete and execute the contract extension for Gavin Rose’s role as men’s first team manager and he will leave the position with immediate effect."

Firstly, does that mean Gavin Rose had agreed, or even signed, the contract extension?

Secondly, thought his last contract expired before the start of the season - was he working on a non-contract basis with the contract extension not fully executed?

Thirdly, what about his other role with the Academy?

The academy??? You mean his academy.

Reading between the lines of the Bracknell statement, someone is coughing up compensation to Bracknell.

Bracknell were well aware his achievements there (and not just at first team level) were being noted elsewhere. They probably have a contingency plan in place, they are a well run club.

Which is of course the bigger point.

I don’t get it. We don’t need an academy. And whoever we “hired” will either be connected to one or we will set one up.

Same old. Same old.

Beckenham are in the ryman south, which is useful.

I don’t get it. We don’t need an academy. And whoever we “hired” will either be connected to one or we will set one up.

Same old. Same old.

Beckenham are in the ryman south, which is useful.
Quite possible on all points.

Sure more is to come (whether Junior Kadi is going as well etc.), but the wording of the statement seems directed only to his first team role.

The Academy is entered in the FA Youth Cup, the Tactic League, the Kent Youth League at U14, U15, U16 and U19 levels (All FA affiliated competitions) and maybe others. It would be impossible to suddenly switch to another team after these competitions have started. I’d also doubt whether any new manager would bring his academy with them as in my experience the situation with Aspire is very different to the set up at most other clubs. It would also be incredibly difficult for Gavin to take Aspire to another club though it might be feasible to integrate it with that club’s setup.

Always wonder if the thread in the documentary had anything to do with this with Peter tasked with creating an Academy for the club as viewers are regularly informed that we don’t have one.

As stated must have been a hard decision for the board to make , have a lot of faith in the Chairman to take the hard decisions
I think despite recent results - Gavin has taken us further than we could have ever hoped - and I hoped it would be possible to see where we were at Christmas - but willing to bow to those who know the facts and issues better

recent results and speculation - in the end takes a toll on everyone - and guess it was therefore likely to end this way

Proud to have one of non-leagues best managers - and even more so because he was one of the few black managers
and in return - the fans have shown unswerving support
all the very very best Gavin
Gavin goes with head held high and surely thanks from the fans for all he has done

Last edited:
If Bobby is confirmed he won't be bringing an Academy set up. Bracknell own their academy set up, not the manager. The job advert for his job specifically states the new person will work full time, including with the academy.

There's another reason so many clubs own academies, they can be a valuable revenue stream.

If Bobby is confirmed he won't be bringing an Academy set up. Bracknell own their academy set up, not the manager. The job advert for his job specifically states the new person will work full time, including with the academy.

There's another reason so many clubs own academies, they can be a valuable revenue stream.
We need to have our own academy set up at the Hamlet. Gavin being in charge of Aspire whilst also manager was fine when things were going well but was always going to complicate matters when the time came to change manager.

I don’t know how locked-in we are to Aspire but perhaps now is the opportunity to start our own in-house academy and sever the Aspire connection completely.

The new manager, he or she, will need to meet our political and ethical standards. Jesus Christ would be a strong candidate. If he is not available we could try Jeremy Corbyn :D:D

Only our true lord and saviour Ben Clasper is perfect enough to take over as manager. After all he is never made mistakes. And the driving away of long term fans is a coincidence and not his fault.

Back
Top Bottom