Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gavin Rose leaves Dulwich Hamlet and new interim coach appointed

• Total voters
I think if 1 or 2 of Higgins, Hill or Taylor are not fit for this weekend we desperately need a centre half or 2 in on loan. Only having Vint with a selection of midfield players in support is not going to work as Tonbridge found us easy pickings. If that happens I am confident results will improve . In my opinion I would also play Raymond further up the pitch in support of the strikers

I think if 1 or 2 of Higgins, Hill or Taylor are not fit for this weekend we desperately need a centre half or 2 in on loan. Only having Vint with a selection of midfield players in support is not going to work as Tonbridge found us easy pickings. If that happens I am confident results will improve . In my opinion I would also play Raymond further up the pitch in support of the strikers
Who is Higgins?

What would really be so wrong with that? What difference does it make?

Finished top half last season, an achievement in itself. No doubt will finish mid table again this year

It makes a huge difference IMHO. Relegation is a failure.

We have a bright future ahead, dropping down a league nullifies that.

What would really be so wrong with that? What difference does it make?

Finished top half last season, an achievement in itself. No doubt will finish mid table again this year
Are you not concerned we didn't kick our own arses after Christmas, and that we've only won 6 games this calendar year?

So how much time do we give Gavin? Enough that we get relegated? I'm not trying to be argumentative, honestly. I'm just curious how much he can dine out on two promotions etc?
So to those who'd keep Gavin and argue that promotions give him credit: what would be your trigger for change? Because it's not going to be someone taking him off our hands? If the current malaise isn't reason enough, what is?

So to those who'd keep Gavin and argue that promotions give him credit: what would be your trigger for change? Because it's not going to be someone taking him off our hands? If the current malaise isn't reason enough, what is?

Ohhhhhh I dunno about no one taking him off our hands. Chelsea have a vacancy after all.

Well we have 4 home games coming up with the first 2 league games against two clubs below us (amazingly). If we lose all 4 I imagine it will be at the end. I also think a defeat in 1 league game and in the cup against Margate will be enough to go Winning all 4 or the first 3 and he will stay . Personally the last time I can remember playing well was against Ebbsfleet at home at the end of last year. Has there been a convincing win since then ?

Well we have 4 home games coming up with the first 2 league games against two clubs below us (amazingly). If we lose all 4 I imagine it will be at the end. I also think a defeat in 1 league game and in the cup against Margate will be enough to go Winning all 4 or the first 3 and he will stay . Personally the last time I can remember playing well was against Ebbsfleet at home at the end of last year. Has there been a convincing win since then ?
The first league match at home was good and rather promising. Followed by two points from the next 18.

Yes enjoyed it but not totally convincing . However didn't expect the decline over the next 6 games. Still if this time next week we have 6 more points the world will be a better place

Hmmm are we sure on the last point. What are the accountability lines regarding performance? Do you sit down with Gav and review his performance and set targets etc..? Or is left to his own devices whilst the club have responsibility for off the field matters?
There are agreed targets and he is well aware he is way short of them at the moment

I hope so as they set the targets
So he’s aware and the board are aware. They must be fairly low targets given he’s won 40 games out of 137 since being in the NLS and not to mention the dismal cup runs and he’s still the manger?

I think that with all the upheaval with the ground followed by COVID that there was much more to occupy the board over the last few years. In fact just getting a board with people willing to take on monumental tasks to keep the club alive was a challenge. With the start to last season I believe there was always a feeling that the slump in form could be turned around to reach the play offs. Clearly that didn’t happen and the team was revamped in the summer. What will happen from here I don’t know but, at the moment, nobody expected the team to be where it is.
Loyalty is a rare commodity in football that has been shown by both parties over the years.

Last edited:
End of an era.

I give more of a shit about this than the Queen for sure.

Timlin as interim manager?

Reactions: EDC
Gavin gave us a lot to smile about over the last 13 years. Wish him luck wherever he goes next. Tough but the right decision. Exciting to see how the club evolves under new management.

Back
Top Bottom