Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

i think the IPCC are equally to blame as the cops in trying to cover up this story - any letter to an MP etc should also demand the IPCC's disbanding and a new body put in it's place which doesnt try and pour cold water on anything that could make the police look bad.

The police medic are "Police Medics" and don't attend protesters injuries if they can help it. Their main job is to put out fire from petal bombs etc. They are nothing like the army medics who play no active role in fighting a war to speak. They still have an active role to play in "Accommodating Protesters".

I know someone who used to be a police medic and he was one of the first on the scene at the Soho pub bomb and he administered vital first aid to the seriously injured. He was also carrying lots of first aid kit in his car, so they do serve a purpose.

But it was all a great success, apart from those pesky journos:

"Policing of the G20 protests was successful, Commander Bob Broadhurst
told Police Professional, despite inflammatory media attention."

http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=8514

It should read we killed one of them, we brtalised and kicked in others, there for at excel there was no protest as we kept them up all night, then when they wanted to show respect to the dead non protester, we did it all again, and we also lied to the media and stoped them takeing images of us brtaliseing people, well done to all..

Fucking if this is was successful one would not like to thinkabout future protest, i wish i was around saturday time to take back the streets be safe people the met kill people and celebrate the fact.

I wrote to my MP as soon as we returned.......and Im quite surprised only one man got killed. From what we saw and patched up , some could have serious head injuries and still suffering. Blows to the head can cause long term damage.

Kept the letter very short....basically said the Police were disgraceful and requested that questions are asked.

I just heard this on PM (I'm paraphrasing) - an officer has come forward and identified himself as the person who shoved Ian Tomlinson and has been suspended pending an investigation. Mr Tomlinson died of a heart attack shortly after being pushed over by an officer

They can really only suspend him at this stage I suppose. Frankly I don't relish them suspending half the Met on full pay while they 'investigate'

Just from the BBC news web page no further details as yet but "A Met' Police Officer has been Suspended"...

what from a lamppost?, here comes the scapegoat mode, next we have the media full of how it was not the police, but the fact that anarchist was on the streets blah fucking bullshit, Christ if we had done or acted as they had we would be charged by now, ive now began to rethink the whole notion of police in uniform, not one of them asked if there actions was right, the queston i pose is this..

if you was a police person on that day and was been told or asked to kick the shit out of people would you? or would you take of the uniform and say fuck this i aint kicking people in because they are protesting?

no i feel all those involved on that day enjoyed the power, enjoyed the fact they could act as they did, and is suspect that Ian was killed not due to any over reaction or any other reason, but the fact they knew they could get away with it.

And no doubt they will, no the right reply to all of this is not to back down, keep up the pressure and never let this murdering scum forget they killed another human, and in my mind took pleasure from doing so

''fresh pictures, which were taken by IT worker Ross Hardy, seem to complicate events surrounding the 47-year-old's death.

'I'd been watching some of the protests and saw this older guy standing in the road,' he said.

'Cops were there already but a police riot van was trying to make its way up the road towards the Bank of England.

'Tomlinson stood out because of his football shirt and seemed in his own little world.

'It was weird. The van approached and a cop leaned out to shout at him to get out of the way.

'But he didn't go anywhere. He just mumbled something and raised his arm a bit unsteadily.

'It was then it became obvious he was drunk because he wasn't really coherent and couldn't move well.

'The officer yelled at him again and when he didn't move the riot van moved slowly up against him.

'It just nudged him gently but Tomlinson still didn't get out of the way. They tried nudging him again.

'When that didn't work four riot police moved in and dragged him on to the pavement.

'The van moved past but Tomlinson stuck around for at least another half an hour.''

if you was a police person on that day and was been told or asked to kick the shit out of people would you? or would you take of the uniform and say fuck this i aint kicking people in because they are protesting?

I'd like to think a decent person would take off the uniform.

Sadly, from the footage I've seen, these officers were not decent people.

Isn't the police motto "protect and serve"? It looked like they were doing the complete opposite.

''fresh pictures, which were taken by IT worker Ross Hardy, seem to complicate events surrounding the 47-year-old's death.

'I'd been watching some of the protests and saw this older guy standing in the road,' he said.

'Cops were there already but a police riot van was trying to make its way up the road towards the Bank of England.

'Tomlinson stood out because of his football shirt and seemed in his own little world.

'It was weird. The van approached and a cop leaned out to shout at him to get out of the way.

'But he didn't go anywhere. He just mumbled something and raised his arm a bit unsteadily.

'It was then it became obvious he was drunk because he wasn't really coherent and couldn't move well.

'The officer yelled at him again and when he didn't move the riot van moved slowly up against him.

'It just nudged him gently but Tomlinson still didn't get out of the way. They tried nudging him again.

'When that didn't work four riot police moved in and dragged him on to the pavement.

'The van moved past but Tomlinson stuck around for at least another half an hour.''

and?

If the policeman is charged with anything, his defence team will use the fact that he was drunk and obstructing the police. They will allege he had a long history of alcoholism, and that he was drunk, was one of the reasons he fell so easily. If the prosecution use the video of him being pushed over, then the defence team will use the video of him drunk in the middle of the road blocking a police van, despite being asked to move. They will also jump on the fact , that it was not the first time he had obstructed the police, and may have possession of more videos of him.
The bummer about videos being used against the policeman, is that his defence can do the same to defend him.

Just pointing this fact out.

If the policeman is charged with anything, his defence team will use the fact that he was drunk and obstructing the police. They will allege he had a long history of alcoholism, and that he was drunk, was one of the reasons he fell so easily. If the prosecution use the video of him being pushed over, then the defence team will use the video of him drunk in the middle of the road blocking a police van, despite being asked to move. They will also jump on the fact , that it was not the first time he had obstructed the police, and may have possession of more videos of him.
The bummer about videos being used against the policeman, is that his defence can do the same to defend him.

He did nothing to deserve being struck with a baton. He was not violent or abusive towards the police. Surely they could've moved him on in a better way than attacking him with a blunt instrument?

Well if we see the pictures it will be useful. the rest is not terribly substantiated. To be honest the met are such liars they could easily be planting witnesses anyway.

IPCC are being interviewed on C4 news @ 7

@krishgm Officer in Tomlinson case suspended. And we have live interview with the IPCC at 7

afaik there isn't any video of this, just stills.

and it makes no fucking difference anyway, he didn't fall 'easily' as you put it, he was knocked to the ground. nothing in his behaviour justifies the way he was attacked, drunk or not.

Back
Top Bottom