Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

T
I do wonder though, why ITN are only showing this now :confused: Spineless media? surely not?

e2a: just seen it on ITN news on telly, no link.
Oh, come on - be fair. It wasn't exactly easy to spot.

Besides, they must have had loads of footage of police randomly hitting people to trawl through.

ITN also saying that 4 riot police separated from other police had to 'beat off a ferocious attack by protestors' just before the incident in the grauniad footage. Yet their own video footage doesn't show this. wtf.

ITN's coverage is utter bollocks - they still seem to be going with the line that protestors attacked police continuously and ferociously. twats

Was just going to write this, ill add there also saying they whent to his aid, so what i need to ask if they are telling the truth (which i doubt) why do they run with this following the news of the last few days, no there coverage is utter bollocks, now for the C4 News..

unbelievable. breaking news on ITN. following a meeting between the Home Office and the MET this afternoon, a major anti-terrorism swoop has been brought forward this evening with 10 arrests in Liverpool, Manchester and Clitheroe.

couldnt help but think this was to try and steal the main headlines.

unbelievable. breaking news on ITN. following a meeting between the Home Office and the MET this afternoon, a major anti-terrorism swoop has been brought forward this evening with 10 arrests in Liverpool, Manchester and Clitheroe.

bbc reporting this now..

prob not totally relevant to this thread tho..
interesting how they will cover this...

e2a: G20 police 'yet to come forward'
A police watchdog is searching for officers caught on video when a man was shoved to the ground prior to his death at a G20 protest in London.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7990423.stm

I saw a ticker on Sky earlier saying no officers at the scene (I presume the 2nd incident, Guardian vid) have come forward.

Has there been any update on that front?

ITN saying the same just now

and on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7990423.stm

no surprise there then :rolleyes:

Actually on that BBC link it says SOME officers have not come forward.

Didn’t I read a report further up the thread that confirmed there were Met & City police in that video and it was a Met officer that assaulted him? :confused:

In which case I bet it’s the City officers that have come forward and the Met officers that haven’t. [or the other way around] :hmm:

ETA:

"At the moment the investigation is focused on identifying the officers in the footage. Several have already come forward and all efforts are being made to trace those who haven't."

bbc reporting this now..

prob not totally relevant to this thread tho..
interesting how they will cover this...

I hate even thinking this way, the 1st thing that came to my mind is that this will have been a long drawn out intelligience operation that suddenly, amongst all of the ongoing news, was deemed time to make arrests. Hope i am wrong about this.

ITN claimed some of the police have now come forward?

yes true. police with a conscience???

Possibly, or more likely trying desperately to cover their arses.

And yes, the terrorism raids being brought forward today wasn't so much suspicious as a blatant attempt to bury it.

You can definitely see him strike out with the baton there, picture is too small for me to be sure whether he makes contact or not and if so just where ...

The baton is chambered on his left shoulder and looking at both the new and old footage it's clear that he's trying to strike somewhere between mid thigh and knee (i.e. he's trying to give him a 'dead leg' plus the probability of painful muscle cramps for weeks afterwards). The angle of the swing suggest potential for contact on both the outside of the left leg and the back of either leg, which have vulnerable nerve bundles and inner right thigh which in addition to the vulnerable femoral nerve also has the femoral artery and femoral vein (striking this area is often identified in martial arts as 'off-limits' for safe practice).

If he is making contact, it's probably with just the tip of the baton, which means a lot of force on a very small spot. It's clear from the way the officers body is moving that he's got considerable force behind the blow. My guess would be that he either missed or just clipped him with the tip of the baton, then turns the follow through and recovery into a lunge forwards to shoulder Mr Tomlinson down.

I'm not sure whether he does make contact or not. Mr Tomlinson appears to flinch but doesn't jerk as the blow lands or immediately show any effects. It's absolutely clear to me though that the officer's intention is to give him a hard fall, either by whacking him in a 'dead leg' spot, or by charging him down or both. Particularly given that he has his hands in his pockets and is already looking quite shaky for whatever prior reason ...

nah ..the muppet (Quick) in charge went to number 10 carrying documents (a la flint) clearly visible to press photography......guess theres a briefcase on his birthday present list

#sigh#

terrorism raids brought forward because commisioner walked around Downing Street with details on display to cameramen. Channel 4 news cut the time allowed in the Tomlinson case to discuss this 'breaking' news.

And on Channel 4 news tonight yet more video evidence that the police's claim that protestors blocked and obstructed the ambulance was, surprise surprise, yet more lies.

You can definitely see him strike out with the baton there, picture is too small for me to be sure whether he makes contact or not and if so just where ...

The baton is chambered on his left shoulder and looking at both the new and old footage it's clear that he's trying to strike somewhere between mid thigh and knee (i.e. he's trying to give him a 'dead leg' plus the probability of painful muscle cramps for weeks afterwards), with potential for contact on both the outside of the left leg and the back of either leg, which have vulnerable nerve bundles and inner right thigh which also has the largest artery in the body, the femoral. If he is making contact, it's probably with just the tip of the baton. It's clear from the way the officers body is moving that he's got considerable force behind the blow.

I'm not sure whether he does make contact at all. Mr Tomlinson appears to flinch but doesn't jerk as the blow lands or immediately show any effects. It's absolutely clear to me though that the officer's intention is to give him a hard fall, either by whacking him in a 'dead leg' spot, or by charging him down or both. Particularly given that he has his hands in his pockets and is already looking quite shaky for whatever prior reason ...
I wonder if such a strike on the legs might dislodge a blood clot in the viens of a seasoned alcholic sufficent to stop their heart. how long would it take for a blood clot to reach the heart assuming it was in an artery and so going say down and then back round the system? about what 3 minutes or so...

So really i guess the question has to be asked medically how preciesley did he die because ie what actually caused the heart attack and was it increase blood pressure due to injury, was it a blood clot, was it head trama etc...

live terrrrrrrrrrrrror raiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddsss on goggle box right now!!!!111!!! pay attention minions

at liverpool uni!!!11!!1
bollox

The baton is chambered on his left shoulder and looking at both the new and old footage it's clear that he's trying to strike somewhere between mid thigh and knee (i.e. he's trying to give him a 'dead leg' plus the probability of painful muscle cramps for weeks afterwards), with potential for contact on both the outside of the left leg and the back of either leg, which have vulnerable nerve bundles and inner right thigh which also has the largest artery in the body, the femoral. If he is making contact, it's probably with just the tip of the baton. It's clear from the way the officers body is moving that he's got considerable force behind the blow. My guess would be that he either missed or just clipped him with the tip of the baton, then turns the follow through into a lunge forwards to shoulder Mr Tomlinson down.

I'm not sure whether he does make contact at all. Mr Tomlinson appears to flinch but doesn't jerk as the blow lands or immediately show any effects. It's absolutely clear to me though that the officer's intention is to give him a hard fall, either by whacking him in a 'dead leg' spot, or by charging him down or both. Particularly given that he has his hands in his pockets and is already looking quite shaky for whatever prior reason ...

He definately appears to hit him with it, but if he was aiming to give him a dead leg then it doesnt look as if it worked - as you say Tomlinson doesnt seem to react that much to it, though of course he wasnt really given any time to react to it either.

As for the relevance of this new footage, it is of course helpful but the original footage was pretty clear in showing him getting hit with the baton as well.

butchersapron said:
He's come forward.

The cop who did this?

No doubt he has a good explanation why he didn't step forward as soon as it was known Tomlinson had died. Perhaps he was washing his hair.

No doubt he has a good explanation why he didn't step forward as soon as it was known Tomlinson had died. Perhaps he was washing his hair.

I would say as soon as the picture of Tomlinson was released that caused all the witnesses to come forward, but in any case the IPCC will be putting that very question to him shortly.

Back
Top Bottom