Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

G20: Getting to the truth- the death of Ian Tomlinson RIP

I will upload to you tube as soon as I've finished downloading. Will provide link as soon as that's done. Any suggestions for non-hysterical title?

How about something like the Guardian's one? Also, make sure it's tagged well...

Bollocks, stop being a drama Queen.
It was a minority of protesters who went looking for a ruck, and as per usual scream police brutality if the police react.

Come round to mine and say that you CUNT, fucking read the whole post, no and this means no one was looking for a ruck, not even fucking Ian he was on his way home, and was killed by the police, we are all been drama Queens are we my love, and your just a FUCKING CUNT what is it with urban and wankers like you and others, fuck me it is simple idd ban you if i was mod with such comments, for fucking hells sake a man has been killed, and all i hear is this form of bullshit..

THE POLICE KILLED IAN, NO ONE WAS LOOKING FOR A RUCK IS THIS CLEAR YOU WANKERS?

Gone of to calm down, others please forgive shure you understand:

I have watched it a dozen times now, the policeman has done nothing wrong.
It's not in a pub is it? It's the end of a day when the police had become under non stop attack from a minority of protesters, the police were in a crown/riot control situation. They were following their training
The whole incident will be on CCTV anyway.

it was actually quite early in the day, and the pigs had the area pretty locked down by that time

On your second point, then of course the family would be asking that - trial by blog might be annoying but it doesn't really have any real legal clout does it? I know we like to pretend that u75 really puts the world to rights but i ain't convinced yet....

On your first, why didn't a competent coroner observe what would be visible bruising and markings, especially in light of the circumstances of his death? Why weren't questions being asked publically immediately following the PM about his being beaten by cops?? Because, imo, 'they' tried to cover up the backstory I'm afraid. And because people subsequently kept coming forward and because real hard evidence has been found that directly proves much of what has been claimed as being the true story, we now see the IPCC saying that they'll look more deeply at the events surrounding his death.

For all the good that I suspect that this will ultimately do.

Questions about the PM are really hard to answer without knowing what it actually says - I mean it could say there were no bruises, or it could say that there were bruises but the pathologist determined that they were related to him falling over when he collapsed (which would be relevant here of course), or it could have said his heart problems were really, really pronounced and had been going on for some time. We dont know at this stage.

Bollocks, stop being a drama Queen.
It was a minority of protesters who went looking for a ruck, and as per usual scream police brutality if the police react.

But you still justify and try to explain away the actions of the copper seen clearly on the film batonning the man and then for no reason pushing him to the floor.

That the police claimed they were nowhere near the inciodent not even causing you to question a thing. Nothing to see here move along, just a dead bloke..... :rolleyes:

i think you'll find that there's quite a significant and growing number of people who are talking about police brutality following this incident. far larger than your rather hysterical "minority of protestors".

Oh yes. This is the sort of thing that makes your gran say "fuck the police".

But you still justify and try to explain away the actions of the copper seen clearly on the film batonning the man and then for no reason pushing him to the floor.

That the police claimed they were nowhere near the inciodent not even causing you to question a thing. Nothing to see here move along, just a dead bloke..... :rolleyes:

The police never made such a claim.

From The Guardian. The video is perhaps not the worst part of this...

One witness, Anna Branthwaite, a photographer, described how, in the minutes before the video was shot, she saw Tomlinson walking towards Cornhill Street.

"A riot police officer had already grabbed him and was pushing him," she said.

"It wasn't just pushing him – he'd rushed him. He went to the floor and he did actually roll. That was quite noticeable.

"It was the force of the impact. He bounced on the floor. It was a very forceful knocking down from behind. The officer hit him twice with a baton when he was lying on the floor.

"So it wasn't just that the officer had pushed him – it became an assault.

"And then the officer picked him up from the back, continued to walk or charge with him, and threw him.

"He was running and stumbling. He didn't turn and confront the officer or anything like that."

The witness accounts contradict the official version of events given by police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/07/video-g20-police-assault

g20 police Ian Tomlinson?

Is there a limit?

If it was doing it on flickr, I'd do as above, plus:

protest london demonstration iantomlinson guardian theguardian metropolitanpolice cityoflondon cityoflondonpolice

(Not sure if the 'merged words' thing is needed for YouTube though)

Watching that again, it looks like the masked assailant strikes him in the back/side of the thigh some place around the tibial/sciatic nerve area.

The effect, as the officer could be reasonably expected to be aware from training and/or experience, is likely to be a 'dead leg' and if the strike is hard/accurate enough, the collapse of that leg, which in either case would increase the chances of the victim falling over. Especially given the hard shove that immediately follows the strike.

Given that the poor guy has his hands in his pockets and is looking a bit shaky anyway (possibly as a result of the previous assault witnesses report) then it's pretty obvious he's going to fall hard and hurt himself on the pavement and so it looks like the attack was calculated to cause the guy to fall over painfully.

Back
Top Bottom