Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

French magazine publishes controversial cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - many killed in revenge attack

B7E7g71IgAAmV22.jpg:large

Victims families on the march:(

Not entirely sure why this has affected me quite so much.
I can't believe I missed a vigil in Bristol yesterday - probably would have met some of my French ex-colleagues.

yeh but do you believe in this colonisation or islamisation or whatnot?

No, of course not.

However, I believe things are, as per usual, a little more complex than, on the one hand, the left point of view (a bunch of random nutters who aren't representative of anything of any meaning at all and who, in any event, are to a degree justified, exculpated or generally explained by our sins), and on the other hand, the right point of view (a vicious psychopathic religious culture that makes these things inevitable and that needs to be forcibly controlled, expelled, exterminated etc).

The truth probably lies somewhere between the two on that spectrum, most likely dynamically moving all the time.

No, of course not.

However, I believe things are, as per usual, a little more complex than, on the one hand, the left point of view (a bunch of random nutters who aren't representative of anything of any meaning at all and who, in any event, are to a degree justified, exculpated or generally explained by our sins), and on the other hand, the right point of view (a vicious psychopathic religious culture that makes these things inevitable and that needs to be forcibly controlled, expelled, exterminated etc).

The truth probably lies somewhere between the two on that spectrum, most likely dynamically moving all the time.

You're trolling aren't you?

No, of course not.

Wow.

Back
Top Bottom