Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Freedom Press, firebombed - donations being accepted

I doubt very few people have ever been sacked for being a victims of an arson attack.

Is anyone willing to summarise that Dialectical Delinquents site?

I know nothing about it, but there's some great historical documents on there. I especially liked this leaflet, distributed in 1969 at a free concert in Hyde Park:

"SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE ? CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE SCENES ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT YOU ARE KICKING AGAINST ? —— TAKE YOUR PICK, SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM, BEATLES, PINK FLOYD ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT. YOU JUST SIT THERE ON YOUR ARSES AND JUST SOAK IT ALL UP. SO YOU WANT TO FREAK OUT.WELL YOU CAN’T."

"So you want to freak out? Well you can't." Genius.

I know nothing about it, but there's some great historical documents on there. I especially liked this leaflet, distributed in 1969 at a free concert in Hyde Park:

"SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE ? CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE SCENES ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM THOSE THAT YOU ARE KICKING AGAINST ? —— TAKE YOUR PICK, SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE LONDON PALLADIUM, BEATLES, PINK FLOYD ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT. YOU JUST SIT THERE ON YOUR ARSES AND JUST SOAK IT ALL UP. SO YOU WANT TO FREAK OUT.WELL YOU CAN’T."

sounds like King Mob ?

are king mob any cop? anything of lasting worth?

I like the (no doubt apocryphal/possibly Tom Vague created ) story about G Debord coming over to meet /check outKing Mob , who were reputed to be a crack pro situ -street firm , with a view to annointing them Situationist International UK -only to turn up in w10 and find the Wise brothers sat front of match of the day drinking beer. Debord supposedly threw a hissy + hotfooted it back to the Left Bank.

that's brilliant

I like the (no doubt apocryphal/possibly Tom Vague created ) story about G Debord coming over to meet /check outKing Mob , who were reputed to be a crack pro situ -street firm , with a view to annointing them Situationist International UK -only to turn up in w10 and find the Wise brothers sat front of match of the day drinking beer. Debord supposedly threw a hissy + hotfooted it back to the Left Bank.
That was suppsosed to be the wise brothers (lead king mob people and still just about going strong - see my link above) - but they have said it's rubbish a million times.

yeah i remember that. it tells us 2 things: debord didnt like soccer or beer in cans, and king mob were doing what many working class blokes do of a saturday night. i believe it was McEwans ale.

Back
Top Bottom