Paris
Food
Beaches
Wine
Clémence Poésy
Voltaire
Descartes
Napoleon

Croatia struggle a bit on the famous people front. Luca Modric I suppose, but other than that ... Even Nikola Tesla is claimed by Serbia but they do have Dubrovnik and an awesome Adriatic coastline. I also have a tenner on Croatia to win the tournament from ages ago at 17/1 so that nails it for me.

I suspect it might be a bit of a thrashing, tbh. Would also have said that if England had been in the final. I can't see Croatia containing Mbappe, Pogba and Griesman when they don't have the ball, and I can't see their midfield getting much past Kante when they do.

I probably want France to win as well because they have been the best team in the tournament. Events during the match might change that, though. I may end up cheering on Croatia. I don't know.

Last edited:
I'm still pretty sure I haven't seen any of the France games in this cup.

I want Croatia to win. I have a soft spot for Croatia and France has bare football trophies.

Allez les blues! :D

France or Germany were always my preferred teams, but below is a pic of my grandson in Turkey last night.

VJ12bZG.jpg

I suspect it might be a bit of a thrashing, tbh. Would also have said that if England had been in the final. I can't see Croatia containing Mbappe, Pogba and Griesman when they don't have the ball, and I can't see their midfield getting much past Kante when they do.

I probably want France to win as well because they have been the best team in the tournament. Events during the match might change that, though. I may end up cheering on Croatia. I don't know.

It should be a good game. Hopefully also a clean game.

tempers were more than a tad frayed last night.

It should be a good game. Hopefully also a clean game.

tempers were more than a tad frayed last night.
Wasn't a dirty game though. I can forgive them for getting a bit emotional as they got knackered. The final won't be dirty either. tbh I'm very glad the dirty teams haven't prospered in this WC. Maybe Brazil might have a look at themselves and how they carry on and change it next time - they only ended up hurting themselves in the end.

An ex-boss of mine was keen on playing battle re-enactment games - not the real life versions, but the board games using dice etc, but on boards that were scale replicas of battlefields and real landscapes with the little tin soldiers.

I asked him who did he like to play against, who was the enemy? He replied - 'France....are always the enemy'.

Difficult

Adore croatia the country ( yes I know about its recent and not so recent past). Decent wine and food. Lots of urbex to explore

France has virtually everything you want in one country and they have le routiers rather than west Cornwall pasty companies at their service stations

Croatia then - they have an empty trophy cabinet. Fuck it

I'm fairly indifferent on this, I'm partly Croatia cos they haven't won it before and I'm not sure I want the French having the upper hand in number of WC trophies. It's bad enough Argentina have two.

But then, they have some fairly dis-likeable players so.. France? :(

Difficult

Adore croatia the country ( yes I know about its recent and not so recent past). Decent wine and food. Lots of urbex to explore

France has virtually everything you want in one country and they have le routiers rather than west Cornwall pasty companies at their service stations

Croatia then - they have an empty trophy cabinet. Fuck it
One of the best meals I had in Croatia was at a motorway service station. Absolutely outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom