Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Surely it's better to stay silent than to offer insincere congratulations for winning a league that they didn't deserve to win? To congratulate them would be to overlook all of their sickening antics en route to the championship.
It would be like congratulating your boxing opponent who beat you because he was allowed to box with a horseshoe in his glove.

Other teams that didn't congratulate BTFC:

Folkestone
Wingate and Finchley
Tooting and Mitcham
Leatherhead
Needham Market
Dorking Wanderers
Burgess Hill Town
Merstham
Lowestoft Town
Hendon
Met Police
Enfield Town
Harrow Borough
Tonbridge
Brightlingsea Regent
Harlow Town (who they won the title against)

So two thirds of the league. Glad to see we're not alone, then.

Other teams that didn't congratulate BTFC:

Folkestone
Wingate and Finchley
Tooting and Mitcham
Leatherhead
Needham Market
Dorking Wanderers
Burgess Hill Town
Merstham
Lowestoft Town
Hendon
Met Police
Enfield Town
Harrow Borough
Tonbridge
Brightlingsea Regent
Harlow Town (who they won the title against)

So two thirds of the league. Glad to see we're not alone, then.

I run the @HendonFC Twitter feed - usually I'm humble enough to congratulate sides that win the title or play-offs. However, I'm not doing that for the benefit of a man who has made this season all about himself (not Billericay Town but Glenn Tamplin) and couldn't have shown less humility if he'd actively tried.

Had it not been for the behaviour of that odious individual and an increasing number of fans that belong in the professional leagues from whence they came, what 'ricay have achieved (wage-bill or not) has been darned impressive. The fact that they've chosen to actively get in people's faces, flaunt their wealth in the most grotesque manner imaginable has tarnished that achievement in my eyes.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if we are unsuccessful in the play-offs then whoever triumphs will get a good old congratulations message because yourselves, Folkestone and Leiston all conduct themselves in a dignified, respectful and professional manner.

Whatever this season holds for the Greens from here-on-in, I will forever treasure the memory of watching that 9 minute spell a month ago in which we tore them apart, had them finger pointing and arguing with eachother and having absolutely no answer (aside from HRH Tamplin having enough and sodding off 20 minutes early) to the pace, skill and impudence of a side put together for a weekly wage that was approx. 24 times less than HRH Tamplin paid in transfer fees alone for Jake Robinson and Dean Inman. A nine minute spell that proved to me why Non-League Football is, and always will be, the pinnacle of the national game.

Good luck to Hamlet in the Play-Offs, would love to be visiting on BH Monday.

Don’t see homophobic abuse being leveled at any of those...
True but it's not coming from the official account, unless I've missed that.

I'm just looking at this from both sides and completely understand why there hasn't been a message and I couldn't care either way, but if the club wants to be seen as above all this then maybe it needs to be magnanimous in congratulating the club.

True but it's not coming from the official account, unless I've missed that.

I'm just looking at this from both sides and completely understand why there hasn't been a message and I couldn't care either way, but if the club wants to be seen as above all this then maybe it needs to be magnanimous in congratulating the club.

I can try imagine it’s been ruled out, just when the time is right!

In previous years has the club congratulated the champions on Twitter?

Personally I don't have any huge desire to see this done with Billericay. What they're doing is massively negative in my eyes and when you look at the money they've spent they've actually struggled a bit, if anything. I watched a very similar thing happen in Scotland with Gretna, and Scottish clubs weren't falling over themselves to congratulate that lot either. I look upon it as borderline cheating - it ruins the league for everyone else, and we're all expected to be sympathetic when the inevitable happens and the money runs out.

I don't think they should be congratulated and I think it's daft that it's become an issue. There should be no compulsion to congratulate people you don't like and the way they've conducted themselves has been a disgrace to non-league football.

A big mouth egotistical millionaire crashed into Billericay (his third choice purchase) and bought the league with his money, while being brash and ungracious about all the other clubs. Fuck him.

Ahh... so it's your fault that Glenn left when he did. Thus leaving a more talented person in charge who managed to get some results from a vastly experienced group of well paid players.

All that for 9 minutes of fun!

I run the @HendonFC Twitter feed - usually I'm humble enough to congratulate sides that win the title or play-offs. However, I'm not doing that for the benefit of a man who has made this season all about himself (not Billericay Town but Glenn Tamplin) and couldn't have shown less humility if he'd actively tried.

Had it not been for the behaviour of that odious individual and an increasing number of fans that belong in the professional leagues from whence they came, what 'ricay have achieved (wage-bill or not) has been darned impressive. The fact that they've chosen to actively get in people's faces, flaunt their wealth in the most grotesque manner imaginable has tarnished that achievement in my eyes.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if we are unsuccessful in the play-offs then whoever triumphs will get a good old congratulations message because yourselves, Folkestone and Leiston all conduct themselves in a dignified, respectful and professional manner.

Whatever this season holds for the Greens from here-on-in, I will forever treasure the memory of watching that 9 minute spell a month ago in which we tore them apart, had them finger pointing and arguing with eachother and having absolutely no answer (aside from HRH Tamplin having enough and sodding off 20 minutes early) to the pace, skill and impudence of a side put together for a weekly wage that was approx. 24 times less than HRH Tamplin paid in transfer fees alone for Jake Robinson and Dean Inman. A nine minute spell that proved to me why Non-League Football is, and always will be, the pinnacle of the national game.

Good luck to Hamlet in the Play-Offs, would love to be visiting on BH Monday.

Ahh... so it's your fault that Glenn left when he did. Thus leaving a more talented person in charge who managed to get some results from a vastly experienced group of well paid players.

All that for 9 minutes of fun!

Well, if I was a narcissist, then yes - I take full credit for that and I say 'fuck the muggy haterzz!'

Alas, I'm rather more humble than some (GT) so I'll leave it to our gaffer to pick up that particular millstone.

listened to the game live on radio online last night(well done again to them chaps entertaining and a good service)
Anyway right at the end the young chap who was doing the Commentary read out a E mail/Twitter ?comment from a Billericay fan/official ? tbh not quite sure, i went to make a cup of tea so i way away from the computer, it said "it was ungracious of the club not to congratulate the club of its success, a poor show"
Went on to say "why not get in touch with him" to explain, commentator did add he thought it was unfair criticism.
As i say he did read out the name etc and details but never got to jot them down.
Just wondering if anyone else caught it.

listened to the game live on radio online last night(well done again to them chaps entertaining and a good service)
Anyway right at the end the young chap who was doing the Commentary read out a E mail/Twitter ?comment from a Billericay fan/official ? tbh not quite sure, i went to make a cup of tea so i way away from the computer, it said "it was ungracious of the club not to congratulate the club of its success, a poor show"
Went on to say "why not get in touch with him" to explain, commentator did add he thought it was unfair criticism.
As i say he did read out the name etc and details but never got to jot them down.
Just wondering if anyone else caught it.

I believe it was this tweet they referred to in the commentary last night:

I believe it was this tweet they referred to in the commentary last night:

Thanks for that
was just intrigued, tbh i have not seen any real nasty comments directed that way from Dulwich fans
I think deep down a few of them know they have been a little classless and this is not sustainable
It is strange and it will be interesting to see how it pans out watching this cub and ol Glenn ha !

Discipline & Misconduct - Twelve Tasty Morsels

Some food for thought as the Subjects of the Thread are "crowned" [to use their own words].
I have a long-held belief, certain matters having been raised with the League in March, that the foregoing is a premature ejaculation, in rem 'coronam', on the part of BTFC.

It's never been wise to celebrate Championships in advance of confirmation, especially using the trophies involved, as I intimated a few days ago.
The Season ends in June.
I'm astounded that the particular league in which this has been allowed to occur is that which underwent the Enfield Saga.
It's not as if that tale was beyond 'Living Memory'.

Here are twelve little morsels for JackPittBrooke and his co-Legates in the Chapelry to consider when writing of the 'coronation' - hopefully JPB wouldn't write of it in glowing terms, in any case.
The first two are somewhat tastier than the others, with the last two rather unsatisfying.

1. Matt Paine, simple Rule 6 Allegation of Ineligibility with Duration dependent upon Reason for Dismissal.
2. Callum Butcher, 3 separate potential Breaches, with the question of Rule 6 Eligibility itself being bifold.

1. Matt Paine DOB 1987 POB Kentish
Allegedly Unspent Suspension following a Red Card on 16/12/2017

<date of
Alleged Offence contrary to Standardised Rule 6 underlined>
16/12/2017 Red Card
BTFC 3-1 Havant & Waterlooville FC [FAT]
Played 23/12 v Burgess Hill [IL-PD], Won
Played 26/12 v Thurrock [IL-PD], Won
Played 06/01 v Margate [IL-PD], Won

NB The reason for Dismissal is not disclosed but it may however, dependent upon the reason for such a Dismissal, affect the period of Suspension potentially covering the Thurrock & Margate Fixtures.

2a. / 2b. Callum Butcher DOB 1991 POB Kentish
Allegedly Unspent Suspension following 5 Cautions including two issued in the same Fixture.
In the alternative, should the Double Caution of 06/02/2018 be deemed to only be counted once, then the Caution issued on 24/03/2018 should be taken into consequent consideration, i.e. per p.403 rather than p.402.

2a. [prima facie]
Accrual of 5 Cautions during Relevant Period Aug-30 Nov.
02/09/17 Yellow Card whilst playing for Mansfield Town v Carlisle United [EFL-2]
09/09/17 Yellow Card whilst playing for Mansfield Town v Grimsby Town [EFL-2]
12/09/17 Yellow Card whilst playing for Mansfield Town v Wycombe Wanderers [EFL-2]
21/10/17 Yellow Card whilst playing for Mansfield Town v Newport County [EFL-2]
31/10/17 Yellow Card whilst playing for Mansfield Town Everton-U21 [EFLT]

Accrual of 10 Cautions during a Prescribed Period, namely Aug.-2nd Sunday in March
Accrual of 5 Cautions during a Prescribed Period, namely 30 Nov.-2nd Sunday in March
<date of Alleged Offence contrary to Standardised Rule 6 underlined>

06/02/18 1st Yellow Card [#1] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Harrogate Town [FAT]
06/02/18 2nd Yellow Card [#2] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Harrogate Town [FAT]
17/02/18 Yellow Card [#3] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Leiston [IL-PD]
03/03/18 Yellow Card [#4] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Worthing [IL-PD]
06/03/18 Yellow Card [#5] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Dulwich Hamlet [IL-PD]
Played 15/03 v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD], Won
Played 20/03 v Chelmsford City [ESC], Won

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (i), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to the 5th Caution.
NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (iii) & (iv), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to the 10th Caution.

2b. [alternatively]
In the alternative, should only one Caution be deemed to have been counted on 06/02/2018 :
The Accrual of 10 Cautions during Season is additional to :
Accrual of 5+ Cautions during Relevant Period prior to end of Season

<date of Alleged Offences contrary to Standardised Rule 6 underlined>

06/02/18 1st Yellow Card [#1] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Harrogate Town [FAT]
06/02/18 2nd Yellow Card [#1] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Harrogate Town [FAT]
17/02/18 Yellow Card [#2] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Leiston [IL-PD]
03/03/18 Yellow Card [#3] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Worthing [IL-PD]
06/03/18 Yellow Card [#4] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Dulwich Hamlet [IL-PD]
15/03/18 Played v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD]
20/03/18 Played v Chelmsford City [ESC]
22/03/18 Did not play v Tonbridge Angels [IL-PD]
24/03/18 Yellow Card [#5] whilst playing for Billericay Town v Hendon [IL-PD]
Played 31/03 v Hendon [IL-PD], Drew
Played 03/04 v Tonbridge Angels [IL-PD], Won

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (i), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to the 5th Caution.
NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraphs 11.a (iii) & (v), FAH 2017/18 p.402-403, is relevant to the 10th Caution.

Last edited:
3-8, Mignons Morceaux

3. Jake Robinson, simple Rule 6 question of Eligibility following Accrual of 5 Cautions.
4. Rob Swaine, question of Eligibility dependent on Duration of Suspension owing to Consecutive Dismissals.
5. Jamie O’Hara, Eligibility dependent on Duration of Suspension owing to prior E3 Misconduct Charges.
6. Danny Waldren, Accrual of 5 Cautions during a Season with 9 Accrued in total.
7. Robert Evans, Accrual of 5 Cautions during a Season with 6 Accrued in total, following a previous Dismissal.
8. Sam Deering, Accrual of 10 Cautions during a Season.

3. Jake Robinson DOB 1986 POB Sussexshire
Accrual of 5 Cautions on 05/04/2018
<date of potential Offence contrary to Standardised Rule 6 in bold>
09/12/17 Yellow Card v Staines [IL-PD]
13/01/18 Yellow Card v Stourbridge [FAT]
06/03/18 Yellow Card v DHFC [IL-PD]
28/03/18 Yellow Card v Harrow [IL-PD]
05/04/18 Yellow Card v Brightlingsea [IL-PD]
Played 14/04 v Wingate & Finchley [IL-PD], Drew
Played
17/04 v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD], Won

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (ii), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to the 5th Caution.
There is an inconsistency in the Regulations if further Accruals of 5 Cautions occur without Suspension.

4a. Rob Swaine DOB 1988 POB unknown
Two consecutive Fixtures in which the Participant was Dismissed on 19/09/2017 & 23/09/2017
19/09/17 Red Card [#1] BTFC 5-0 Thamesmead [FAC]
23/09/17 Red Card [#2] BTFC 1-0 Tooting & Mitcham [IL-PD]
Did not play 26/09 v Barking [ILC]
Automatic 7-day Period for Red Card #1
Did not play 30/03 v Hungerford [FAC], Drew
Automatic 7-day Period for Red Card #2
Did not play 03/10 v Hungerford [FACr], Won
Played 07/10 v Hendon [IL-PD], Won

4b.
Three Dismissals before 30 Nov.

16/11/17 Red Card [#3] BTFC 1-3 Leatherhead [FAC]
Did not play 25/11 v Hungerford [FAT]
Did not play 28/11 v Harrow Borough [IL-PD]
Did not play 30/11 v Basildon Utd [ESC]
Played 02/12 v Leiston [IL-PD], Won

NB Dismissal for receipt of 2nd Caution, 16/11/2017 v Leatherhead [FAC-R1]
NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.g, FAH 2017/18 p.404, relevant in that there have been 3 Dismissals. The Suspension in that instance was Served from 25/11/2017 onwards.

5. Jamie O’hara DOB 1986 Kentish
Poss. Unspent Suspension following a Red Card on 19/04, enquiry as to whether 2/3 game ban is necessary
07/04/2018 SHOWED DISSENT Red Carded Enfield Town 1-1 BTFC [IL-PD]
Played 09/04 v Staines [IL-PD], Won
Played 11/04 v Met Police [ILC], Won
Did not play 14/04 v Wingate & Finchley [IL-PD]
Did not play 17/04 v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD]
Played 19/04 v Needham Market [IL-PD], Won

NB 07/06/2017, The FA v Jamie O’Hara, FA Independent Regulatory Commission of 30/05/2017
Fined £1,000 & 8-Fixture Suspension, in re two charges [E3] of Misconduct

6. Danny Waldren DOB 1989 POB unknown
Accrual of 9 Cautions, 4 during a Relevant Period namely before 30 Nov.
17/10/17 Yellow Card v Brackley Town [FAT]
05/11/17 Yellow Card v Leatherhead [FAC]
11/11/17 Yellow Card v Bury Town [FAT]
16/11/18 Yellow Card v Leatherhead [FACr]

Accrual of 5+ Cautions during a Relevant Period namely following 30 Nov.
03/03/18 Yellow Card v Worthing [IL-PD]
31/03/18 Yellow Card v Leatherhead [IL-PD]
07/04/18 Yellow Card v Enfield Town [IL-PD]
17/04/18 Yellow Card v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD]
24/04 Played v Harlow [IL-PD], Won

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (ii), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to 5th Caution [Season’s 6th].
There is an inconsistency in the Regulations if further Accruals of 5 Cautions occur without Suspension.

7. Robert Evans DOB 1995 POB Cymru
Accrual of 5 Cautions, during a Relevant Period namely following 30 Nov.
19/02/18 Yellow Card v Corinthian Casuals [ILC]
03/03/18 Yellow Card v Worthing [IL-PD]
22/03/18 Yellow Card v Tonbridge Angels [IL-PD]
05/04/18 Yellow Card v Brightlingsea Regent [IL-PD]
17/04/18 Yellow Card v Dorking Wanderers [IL-PD]
24/04 Played v Harlow [IL-PD], Won

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (ii), FAH 2017/18 p.402, is relevant to the 5th Caution.
NB Robert Evans had previously received a Caution and a Dismissal during the Relevant Period Aug.-30 Nov.
NB 31/10/2017, The FA v Robert Evans, FA Regulatory Commission of 23/10/2017
Claim for ‘wrongful dismissal’ failed, in re BTFC v Brackley Town, 17/10/2017 [FAC-4QR]

8. Sam Deering DOB 1991 POB London
1st Accrual of 5 Cautions, during a Relevant Period namely Aug.-30 Nov.
23/09/17 Yellow Card v Tooting & Mitcham Utd [IL-PD]
21/10/17 Yellow Card v Enfield Town [IL-PD]
05/11/17 Yellow Card v Leatherhead [FAC]
14/11/17 Yellow Card v Merstham [IL-PD]
20/11/17 Yellow Card v Kingstonian [IL-PD]
28/11 Did not play [Suspension Served correctly]

Accrual of 10 Cautions within a Season
2nd Accrual of 5 Cautions during a Season

17/02/18 Yellow Card v Leiston [IL-PD]
07/04/18 Yellow Card v Enfield Town [IL-PD]
19/04/18 Yellow Card v Needham Market [IL-PD]
24/04/18 Yellow Card v Harlow Town [IL-PD]

NB Disciplinary Procedures, Paragraph 11.a (v), FAH 2017/18 p.403, is relevant to the 10th Caution.

Last edited:
9-10, Appetisers at the end

9. Billericay Town FC, Rule 6 Sanctions & Misconduct Charges.

The foregoing evidence gives rise to further Misconduct Charges and Sanctions which flow from the alleged Breaches, contra BTFC, pursuant to the foregoing Allegations [if proven] being E1, E3 & E10 as the case may be.

NB that it appears Billericay Town FC's 1st XI
have accrued 81 Cautions, 2 Double-Caution Dismissals & 7 straight-Red Dismissals in addition to 4 proven Charges of Misconduct during the 2017/18 Season.

10. Robert Evans, Dismissal of 'wrongful dismissal' Claim, brought without Merit. Not really relevant here, beyond the context of FA Disciplinary & Regulatory Commissions, just some bonus material in the form of a PDF attachment showing inadequate Secretarial skills and poorly-advised Defence Counsel.

11, Distasteful Dessert

11. Glenn Tamplin,
Two Misconduct Charges proven.
29/11/2017, The FA v Glenn Tamplin, FA Independent Regulatory Commission of 09/11/2017;
Fined £750 [reduced to £500], in re charge [E3] of Misconduct [Defendant’s Criticism of Match Officials and further Fined £450 [reduced to £300], in re charge [E3] of Misconduct [Defendant’s comments on Social Media,
vide attached PDF, The FA v Glenn Tamplin.

The two separate Charges, relating to two separate and unrelated incidents were allowed to be Consolidated. Consequently, they were both treated as being Mr Tamplin's first offence [singular] and subsequently with an admission of guilt, the Fineage reduced.

The key parts, unsure if they're mentioned on here to date :
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 15.30.38.png

& finally 12, Just Delicioso Desserts

12. Jamie O’Hara,
Two Misconduct Charges proven.
07/06/2017, The FA v Jamie O’Hara, FA Independent Regulatory Commission of 30/05/2017;
Fined £1,000 & 8-Fixture Suspension, in re two charges [E3] of Misconduct,
vide attached PDF, The FA v Jamie O'Hara.

For the assurance of Mods & Sysops :
In respect of the three attached PDFs, it is Settled Law that there is no property in a Witness nor in a Judgment as handed down. Consequently there is no infringement of copyright in their being posted here, especially given their educational and informational context of re-publication per the relevant Statutes USC §17 / s107 & UKPGA 1988 ch48.

Consequent to the aforementioned allegations numbered 1-8, please refer to the Statutory Defences per Defamation Act 2013

Attachments

• the-fa-v-glenn-tamplin---9-november-2017.pdf
    439 KB · Views: 2
  • the-fa-v-jamie-ohara-30-may-2017.pdf
    333.8 KB · Views: 0
  • the-fa-v-robert-evans---23-october-2017.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Those are my twelve tasty morsels for the day.
If numbers 1 & 2 catch your eye, why not tell a friend?

The reason for me taking a personal interest is quite simple in that it disgusts me to see a Distortion of Competition, it disgusts me still further to see flagrant Breaches of Rules to which well-run Clubs adhere out of diligent habit rather than through effort.

I have no dog in the fight, to use a phrase rather distasteful to the modern ear.

Any DHFC fans, why not raise the matter with your Club's Secretary?
Any Supporters / Officials of other Isthmian League Clubs, itinerants in this Parish, ditto.

Why not take the time to email disciplinary@thefa.com with your thoughts on BTFC's compliance with their obligations under Part 4 of On-field Disciplinary Procedures at pp.396ff of the FA Handbook Jan. 2017/18, or why not tell the Isthmian League's Secretary & Chairman given their own duties in respect of Attending to the Business of the Competition.
Doubtlessly, the email addresses can be found easily enough...

It's numbers 1 & 2, outlined in the first of the posts above, that are most of note.

In respect of other matters that I've been previously requested to look into or otherwise analyse, there will be forthcoming updates.

As to looking into The Veiny One's businesses - the research on that was done a long time ago.

Surely y'all don't want to see twenty pages of that?

I don't mind - I'd like to expose the goings on.
The business looked at in Post #1701 and following really does exemplify all of those many other failed business, though.

It takes longer to type out in a readable manner than it did to analyse the businesses.
Do people really want to know the precise figures which are owed to Creditors by the Veiny One? I know a couple of newspapers do, but they're not paying me by the word...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom