Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Don't read it then. Mute the thread or something.
I would be interested if something was actually going to happen! Whilst I have enjoyed watching the Tamplin circus and baiting their fans who appear on this forum the subject matter has become rather dull! I shall duly ignore this thread! I shall return when Glenda is back, front of stage!!!

The subject matter will never become dull.
You will have hurt the feelings of The Vainy One by belittling his majesty.

If you have become inured to the entertainment value, that is a separate matter.

Presumably, given the liberal sprinkling of exclamation marks, it takes a lot to float your boat. Especially if you're running around constantly exclaiming.

You are driving me to use exclamations! (There you go another one). Can you state what is your intended outcomes of all your wordy and lengthy posts. Surely for someone who has devoted the time you have you must have a endgame?

This is the best source for information on the subject on t'internet.
There are a number of Journalists watching this thread - have you not noted a change in the media's coverage of the subject?

In respect of 'motivation' - I have covered that in detail, supra.
As to "endgame", the great Robert Nesta said it better than I possibly can :

Don't include me in that. All you do by singing shit like that is make them feel self important and build up a fake rivalry in their eyes.
They are a club I feel pity for, for their genuine 300 or so hardcore long-term fans.
Before the Tamplin circus moved into town, I had some nice trips to Billericay. One time I spent most of the game chatting an old couple who had been supporting them for years. The last time was when we beat them 3-1 and I encountered a load of jeering oafs. Don't like the club one bit now given that they've become the Face Of Tamplin.

I had a run in with him over that post and told him I could not wait to see him run round Dulwich with his micro penis hanging out then one of his mates complained to the club that I was body shaming him.

I hope you were banned from Champion Hill for a few weeks :)

Nice to see Harry Wheeler got the Bostik Premier manager of the season award for doing his job inspite of Tamplin trying to sabotage things. Shame it didn' go to someone like Gary McCann who managed with a fraction of the budget.

He's off again:

The businessman has funded the Essex club by ploughing in his millions and he says he won’t stop there.

“We will win the league, I’m happy to be on the record with that,” states Tamplin, whose side travel to Torquay this weekend to take on Truro City.

“I want the FA Trophy too, but the league is our main aim this year. I would rather be honest with what I want because people know how ambitious we are.

Billericay Owner Tamplin Makes Bold Claim - The Vanarama National League

Non-League Paper are claiming they have had reports that Harry Wheeler has been sacked following yesterday’s defeat. Seen another person claim Tamplin told him he was gone 5 minutes before full-time. Nothing from the club yet though.

Seems to be confirmed by Essex Live and the Basildon Canvey Southend Echo. Sacked by text, classy. There is only one man for the job!

“Glenn it’s God again, I reckon you should sack the bloke who won you the league last season after your players decided you were a cock.”

Should be funny if he appoints himself again. We should run a sweepstake for the first game he misses due to deciding he fancies a holiday A couple of hours before kick off.

I had honestly thought things had calmed down at Billericay and Tamplin had began learning from his many many many mistakes of last season. Well, turns out I'm wrong. Wheeler seemed a pretty capable manager and seemed to be doing a pretty good job, especially with having to deal with an egomaniac like Tamplin. It's an odd desicion to say the least. Billericay had started off just fine this season, they made much more smarter signings than just going for broken players withwname recogniton (except for that whole Emmanuel-Thomas saga, it seemed that Wheeler had more of a say about who was coming in during pre season).

Maybe this is about power dynamics? Maybe it's just about an egomaniac doing whatever he feels on a whim.... Probably the later.

I had honestly thought things had calmed down at Billericay and Tamplin had began learning from his many many many mistakes of last season. Well, turns out I'm wrong. Wheeler seemed a pretty capable manager and seemed to be doing a pretty good job, especially with having to deal with an egomaniac like Tamplin. It's an odd desicion to say the least. Billericay had started off just fine this season, they made much more smarter signings than just going for broken players withwname recogniton (except for that whole Emmanuel-Thomas saga, it seemed that Wheeler had more of a say about who was coming in during pre season).

Maybe this is about power dynamics? Maybe it's just about an egomaniac doing whatever he feels on a whim.... Probably the later.
He is the Donald Trump of non league football.

Sky Sports News have officially announced Glenn Tampon has taken over as interim manager (they may just be assuming).

A news article reported that Wheeler was going to quit before Glenn found out, who then sacked him.

I suppose Tampon has to ensure it is all about him...

One rumour has it that Wheeler is off to Notts County. If true, I guess Tamplin got wind of the move and had to sack HW for the sake of his own ego. But who knows. Place is a friggin' joke.

Despite an impressive start to the season, their crowds are nowhere even remotely were Tamplin expected them to be.

1,356 for a Bank Holiday Monday is not the 3,000+ he was bragging about last season and that's been their biggest gate so far.

If only Hamlet were still at Champion Hill.... :(

Back
Top Bottom