Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

From the FA
Disqualifying Conditions
If an individual is subject to what is termed a “Disqualifying Condition”, then under football’s rules that
person is not allowed to be a director, owner or Officer of a club.
A full list of the Disqualifying Conditions is included in The FA’s Regulations. The Disqualifying Conditions
can be divided into two categories, offences under the law and football specific conditions.
The game has agreed that where a person has broken the law and that the offence is such that it would
not be appropriate for that person to be an Officer of a club then the Test prevents that person from
being an Officer of a club. Examples of Disqualifying Conditions under the law are:
 Disqualified from being director of a UK company
 Convictions for dishonesty, corruption perverting the course of justice or a serious breach of the
Companies Act
 Conspiracy to commit the above offences
 Conviction for a similar offence from a court outside of England and Wales
 Registered Offender
 Personal insolvency such as a Bankruptcy Order or Individual Voluntary Arrangement
 Banned by a Sports Governing Body or a professional body
 Having been convicted of ticket touting or dishonestly receiving a broadcast or being subject to a
football banning order.
Full details are included in The FA’s Owners’ & Directors’ Test Regulations
Disqualifying conditions also include some football specific offences. Examples of football specific
Disqualifying Conditions are:
 Being directly or indirectly involved in the management or administration of the affairs of another
football club
 Having been an Officer of two or more clubs that have entered into an insolvency event, or, have
been an Officer of one club that has had two separate insolvency events, within the last 5 years.
 An Officer of a club that has been expelled from either the Premier League, Football League,
Conference, Isthmian, Northern Premier or Southern Football Leagues within the last 5 years.
 Being convicted under FA Rules of betting or bribery offences
Full details are included in The FA’s Owners’ & Directors’ Test Regulations

The Met Police should never have taken Shaqille Hippolyte-Patrick off. He sounds like an adversary of Sherlock Homes.

An attendance of 626 is hardly the kind of thing The Muriel One had in mind for a home tie cup final! That's only 40 more than we had at Tooting last night.

I see Billy Bricknell has made it 4-3 to Riiiiiccay.

An attendance of 626 is hardly the kind of thing The Muriel One had in mind for a home tie cup final! That's only 40 more than we had at Tooting last night.

I see Billy Bricknell has made it 4-3 to Riiiiiccay.
Not really, we include non-attending season ticket holders.

Not really, we include non-attending season ticket holders.
It looked pretty close to that number to me. How many non attending season tickets were there then?

Either way, Billericay's crowd fell far, far short of the kind of huge numbers Tamplin was bragging about at the beginning of the season and the fact that they can't play in their own stadium is down to his own cock up too.

I didn't ask, but the crowd looked well over a hundred less than the announced figure to me, based on fans in the ground.

Either way, Billericay's crowd fell far, far short of the kind of huge numbers Tamplin was bragging about at the beginning of the season and the fact that they can't play in their own stadium is down to his own cock up too.
We played at New Lodge on Monday against Staines. We haven't actually had a home Saturday game there since February 24th against Wealdstone (attendance was 1,823) so it'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get this week.

We played at New Lodge on Monday against Staines. We haven't actually had a home Saturday game there since February 24th against Wealdstone (attendance was 1,823) so it'll be interesting to see what kind of crowd we get this week.
What do you blame the unplayable pitch on?

Do you mean "Who"?
Well, who/what, then. Was the sacking of the groundsman to blame? Or Tamplin messing with the drainage? Or both or something else?

Given that this must be really hurting his income stream, I was curious as to how it came about.

What do you blame the unplayable pitch on?
I'd say the majority of the blame has to go primarily to Tamplin, this is a pitch that has been notoriously pretty bad over the years so had to be the top priority to sort out over the summer. You can't say it's "the best pitch in the league by far" at the start of the season but then it falls apart completely when the weather starts to turn.

I don't know exactly what has gone on with the groundsman but seeing the state of the pitch over the past few months I'm not sure exactly what they could've done, it's not like it's improved particularly since he was let go and other people were brought in. There's been talk of an artificial pitch being installed after the season's over (this was something mentioned in a meeting last season but the majority of people wanted to play on grass), but whether that will happen or not remains to be seen. Either way it's clearly something that will need to be addressed in the summer.

Like I said though, I don't know exactly the ins and outs of what's happened in regards to the drainage installed/the circumstances behind letting go of the groundsman so it's hard to comment definitively on them.

Your comment only has any relevance if you know - for a fact - that Billericay don't count their season ticket holders.
I'm not posting it for 'relevance'...I'm just mentioning it as how it is. I personally prefer to see attendances published with 'people in the ground' as my rule of thumb for a headcount.
As for being relevant to Billericay, I don't really care what they get through the gate or not...I'm too busy worrying about my own Club.

Back
Top Bottom