Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Blimey, just seen the result
im sure i read somewhere someone on their site said they may go the whole season without a loss
Could be interesting when the hamlet play them

Not sure why this is being posted on this afternoon and nothing said in today's Dulwich game topic since lunch????? Quite sad this forum is like this

I was too busy getting over the Town result... I will have my Dulwich head on from the end of September... :D

Billericay have lost one game. Hereford lost few a year or two ago, when they were (re)starting out, and then won their title. Despite our mirth Billericay are favourites for a reason, and much as it's nice to see them outwitted by our former gaffer Craig Edwards, I really can't see anyone else-yes even us!-winning the title when they've got that budget.

Tamplin is a classless prick for sure BUT maybe if people stopped obsessing over him and his quite blatant felching of Billericay and concentrated on DHFC then maybe that'd be a good thing......
How might that work then? Do we only have a limited time to think about football, so if anyone posts up to laugh at the latest Tamplin idiocy, they're actually taking away from the time they could be thinking about Hamlet?

How might that work then? Do we only have a limited time to think about football, so if anyone posts up to laugh at the latest Tamplin idiocy, they're actually taking away from the time they could be thinking about Hamlet?
I think he might be implying that some people are more interested in post about Tamplin/non-Dulwich Hamlet stuff on here rather than Dulwich Hamlet stuff...

I think he might be implying that some people are more interested in post about Tamplin/non-Dulwich Hamlet stuff on here rather than Dulwich Hamlet stuff...
So what? If something is currently of interest in our division, then I see no reason why anyone shouldn't talk about it if they feel like it - even more so when it's highly entertaining stuff coming from the likely league leaders.

Besides, some folks can go really crazy and talk about Hamlet as well as Tamplin. They're not mutually exclusive topics.

Yes, just like on messageboards like this people can have differing opinions to yours. Good to see you know how these things work... ;)

And back on topic, here's Glen's latest pinned his tweet. He really is a bit paranoid about these 'haters.'

And back on topic, here's Glen's latest pinned his tweet. He really is a bit paranoid about these 'haters.'

I would suggest that's because he has suffered from/is suffering from some sort of mental health problems, which affects one in four of the population at some time of their lives. I believe he has actually admitted to having mental health problems in the past. Perhaps 'paranoid' isn't the best choice of word...

I would suggest that's because he has suffered from/is suffering from some sort of mental health problems, which affects one in four of the population at some time of their lives. I believe he has actually admitted to having mental health problems in the past. Perhaps 'paranoid' isn't the best choice of word...
He certainly has ego problems, that's for sure.

someones touchy today eh? ;)

It's really quite simple, it must be so if an old school dinosaur like me can see it. This thread is now up to 31 pages and the one about the new ground has 26. Priorities innit? Laughing at another club or having an issue with how the club is run/managed is one thing, after all I fucking despise Peckham Town for reasons along those lines BUT there's a point that beyond which it becomes a little bit....I dunno, pathetic?

I have to say it does feel a bit like that at times. I'd rather not be thinking about Billericay as much as I find myself doing.

View attachment 113457
Headline gets it right but their match report reckons they won. Is Tamplin going full North Korea? :D
They have the correct match result at the top and the red card count below.

And here's a right twat:

They're spending six times as much on players' wages as anyone else in the division and this clown thinks they need "good luck"! Then again after Saturday's result he may be right. (Or just a bigger budget.)

someones touchy today eh? ;)

It's really quite simple, it must be so if an old school dinosaur like me can see it. This thread is now up to 31 pages and the one about the new ground has 26. Priorities innit? Laughing at another club or having an issue with how the club is run/managed is one thing, after all I fucking despise Peckham Town for reasons along those lines BUT there's a point that beyond which it becomes a little bit....I dunno, pathetic?
On that we will have to disagree. Billericay have set themselves up to be talked about, and given the increasingly bizarre antics going on at the club, then I think there's nothing wrong with talking about them. If it's not for you, then put the thread on ignore.

As for the new ground thread, perhaps the 'lack' of posts doesn't necessarily reflect a lack of interest, but the fact that some people - like me - have elected to keep quiet rather than upset the apple cart and express what they really think about the development and the developers.

Billericay have lost one game. Hereford lost few a year or two ago, when they were (re)starting out, and then won their title. Despite our mirth Billericay are favourites for a reason, and much as it's nice to see them outwitted by our former gaffer Craig Edwards, I really can't see anyone else-yes even us!-winning the title when they've got that budget.

We did, but I would qualify the remainder of that season by pointing out that:
1 - we had a 'proper' manager
2 - we drew gates of 4,000 and were playing village teams. We certainly weren't paying anything like the wages that BTFC are, but with no disrespect intended to the Midland League you cannot compare a league that contains the likes of Dulwich Hamlet and Kingstonian to one that contains village sides with no infrastructure or, more importantly, money.

I don't think BTFC will have it easy this year even after they 'gel'. It's too much of a circus and this level is not that easy to get out of.

Incidentally Hereford are now back in a parallel league and we only managed a draw on Saturday at 50/1 outsiders (for the title) Kings Langley.

We did, but I would qualify the remainder of that season by pointing out that:
1 - we had a 'proper' manager
2 - we drew gates of 4,000 and were playing village teams. We certainly weren't paying anything like the wages that BTFC are, but with no disrespect intended to the Midland League you cannot compare a league that contains the likes of Dulwich Hamlet and Kingstonian to one that contains village sides with no infrastructure or, more importantly, money.

I don't think BTFC will have it easy this year even after they 'gel'. It's too much of a circus and this level is not that easy to get out of.

Incidentally Hereford are now back in a parallel league and we only managed a draw on Saturday at 50/1 outsiders (for the title) Kings Langley.
I remember when Hereford were in the league and enjoyed several trips to the ground with Cardiff. Sad to see them where they are now.

I don't think it's sad at all. They didn't pat their bills, and went bust. Re-formed as a community club, and are having to work their way up.

I feel saddest for any local traders who lost money by not being paid by the badly run defunct Hereford United FC.

Where they are now? From what starting point? They are a new club.

I remember when Hereford were in the league and enjoyed several trips to the ground with Cardiff. Sad to see them where they are now.

Yeah it's been a crap three or four years, on our way back but I fear we will struggle this season. Although I do now feel we are back at a respectable level, so that's something!

Back
Top Bottom