Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Each team should be able to nominate three members of their management for their respective home game to fight him on the pitch.

Again, may I humbly suggest, that you take the piss out of him for his proposals & NOT because his spelling isn't good...or is someone with some sort of mild learning difficulty fair game on here...?

Again, may I humbly suggest, that you take the piss out of him for his proposals & NOT because his spelling isn't good...or is someone with some sort of mild learning difficulty fair game on here...?

Got to back this up:

Making fun of his spelling = Bad
Pulling him up on LITERALLY THREATENING TO BEAT PEOPLE UP = Good.

So are people with anger management disorders fair game too?
I would say, if they act on them, yes. But...hot air on social media...now there's a shock. I genuinely wonder how many people on here would have the bollocks to say to Tamplin's face in a one-to-one situation exactly what they post about him? I'd wager...if I was allowed to bet on football related matters as a Club official...not many!

Last edited:
I would say, if they act on them, yes. But...hot air on social media...now there's a shock. I genuinely wonder how many people on here would have the bollocks to say to Tamplin's face in a one-to-one situation exactly what they post about him? I'd wager...if I was allowed to bet on football related matters as a Club official...not many!

I'd tell him anything - if he hits you without sufficient provocation you can sue him for MONNEEEY!

Reactions: YTC
Here's what everyone is taking the piss out of, and my responses are in CAPITALS, just to differentiate from his objectives...

8,000 capacity stadium
THEIR CURRENT CAPACITY IS 3,500 AND THERE IS PLENTY OF SPACE TO BUILD. IT SOUNDS A LOT, BUT WOULD BE AN AVERAGE/HALF DECENT NATIONAL LEAGUE NATIONAL/LOWER ENGLISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE GROUND. AND IT WILL BE MODERN. HE HAS THE MONEY, SO WHY NOT?
6 bars DITTO. WE CURRENTLY HAVE 'FOUR'...BOARDROOM, THE MAIN BAR, THE FAR END OF THE MAIN BAR, IF THE PARTITION IS DRAWN & THE OUTSIDE BAR. THE ONLY ONE I'M BEING 'CHEEKY' WITH IS THE BOARDROOM. BUT HE CAN HAVE A MAIN BAR, A SPONSORS BAR, A FUNCTION ROOM BAR, AND AN OUTSIDE BAR OR TWO. NOT SO LUDICROUS AS IT SOUNDS YO HAVE SIX BARS...
6 different food huts DITTO, SIMILAR TO THE ABOVE. WE CURRENTLY HAVE THREE TO FOUR, COULD QUITE EASILY HAVE FIVE OR SIX OUTLETS. FOR BIG GAMES WE HAVE HAD SMALL TEA BAR, BURGER HUT, THAI FOOD, GERMAN SAUSAGE STAND...
Food/drink style village with tables/chairs
A NUMBER OF CLUBS HAVE THIS, JUST PLATIC TABLES AND CHAIRS BY THE TEA BARS.

Sweet shop
SOME CLUBS HAVE THIS. A DEDICATED 'TEA BAR' FOR YOUNG CHILDREN.
Grass pitch like pro level
ALL CLUBS WOULD LOVE A DECENT PITCH. ABOUT TIME THERE WAS ONE AT BILELRICAY.
Employ local community

AS ALL CLUBS SHOULD.
Cheer leaders

NOT MY CUP OF TEA, BUT IT IS SOMETHING WE MIGHT CONSIDER, IF THE RIGHT 'CHEERLEADING TROUPE' CAME ALONG...
2 huge screens

NOT FOR ME,WASTE OF MONEY, BUT PLANNING AHEAD, AND HE DOES HAVE THE MONEY...
Live footage and replays
Live DJ

PRESUMABLY JUST AN EXTENSION OF TANNOY ANNOUNCER
Banging sound system

SUBJECTIVE...
Entertainment in clubhouse after game

AGAIN, A NUMBER OF CLUBS DO THIS, AND IT'S HOW MANY NORTHERN BASED CLUBS SURVIVE IN NON LEAGUE
Unbelievable squad of players 2 levels above

UNBELIEVABLE IS A GOOD WORD...
Charity and local children working with Club mascot

GOOD WORK, IF WE WERE DOING THIS WE'D GET PRAISED
Mural 120 feet long, painted with the Club history, and present, along with local history.

AS I CAN SAY...'WATCH THIS SPACE'... ;)
Facilities set up for families

NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HERE EITHER
150 seat pan-Asian restaurant

PRESUMABLY THIS WILL BE ADJACENT/OUTSIDE THE MAIN GROUND/PITCH AREA & I AM GUESSING THE AIM IS ALL PART OF MAKING THE CLUB HAVE MUCH MORE INCOME THAT JUST A MATCHDAY. HE HAS THE MONEY TO DEVELOP THIS BUSINESS, AGAIN, NO PROBLEM WITH THIS.
Womens & girls teams

WHAT EVERY CLUB SHOULD ASPIRE TO
Youth & young boys teams

SAME, WHAT EVERY CLUB SHOULD ASIPRE TO.
Mascots from colts at every game

AGAIN, WHAT EVERY CLUB SHOULD ASPIRE TO.
Clubshop

I AM SURE IT WILL BE AS GOOD AS OURS, WITH THE SCOPE FOR ORDERING MORE STOCK THERE. NOTHING WRONG WITH A GOOD CLUB SHOP.
2000 seats

NOT UNREASONABLE, WITH THE CAPACITY THEY HAVE. AND WILL CERTAINLY BE BETTER THAN THE DARLING ULTRA CLUB KNOWN AS WHITEHAWK'S SEATS!

What if his nu-fans start adopting the same, ultra aggressive approach to any kind of criticism? For that;s exactly the atmosphere he's helping to create for the club.

What if his nu-fans start adopting the same, ultra aggressive approach to any kind of criticism? For that;s exactly the atmosphere he's helping to create for the club.
If you're that concerned then you wouldn't go...it's Essex, and some people from that neck of the woods aren't the nicest anyway...

If Hamlet start adopting this kind of tacky shit, I'm gone.
Ah, but your assumption would be that it would be a stereotyped 'dolly bird' [to use old fashioned vernacular type of cheerleading...

As it is our approach/idea didn't quite come off, but you will just have to take my word for it, that it was a little 'outside the box'...

If you're that concerned then you wouldn't go...it's Essex, and some people from that neck of the woods aren't the nicest anyway...
So rather than criticise the air of violence that Tamplin is creating, you're saying that I shouldn't travel to Billericay to support Hamlet? That's a weird viewpoint.

Ah, but your assumption would be that it would be a stereotyped 'dolly bird' [to use old fashioned vernacular type of cheerleading...

As it is our approach/idea didn't quite come off, but you will just have to take my word for it, that it was a little 'outside the box'...
Show me some examples of non league 'outside the box' cheerleading then.

I won't on here, because the idea never came to fruition...

And just replied privately.

So rather than criticise the air of violence that Tamplin is creating, you're saying that I shouldn't travel to Billericay to support Hamlet? That's a weird viewpoint.
No, I'm not...but I've not experienced it personally yet, nor him...so will generally hold judgement. I'm sure I wouldn't like him particularly, but then I don't like that macho Essex image anyway...
What I'm saying that if you don't feel safe going to any game then you would do best to not go, you know, a bit like going to Cardiff City was for quite a few years...

Got to back this up:

Making fun of his spelling = Bad
Pulling him up on LITERALLY THREATENING TO BEAT PEOPLE UP = Good.

It's not the first time he's threatened to beat people up on twitter. Seems odd as he whined like a baby when someone allegedly hit him during the Leatherhead idiocy. He creates exactly the environment where one of his players feels entitled to punch a kid. Plus he's about 5ft 7 and too juiced to take a proper swing.

Back
Top Bottom