Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

C_h_3A5WsAAU64J.jpg:large

He may be a strange one...but I'm not sure how that could be construed as 'hateful'?
I hate arrogant, wad-waving, egocentric loudmouths, so IN MY OPINION, he has become more hateful with his assertion that a crowd that has already tripled since his arrival "is not enough". And he's pretty much ruined next season's battle for top place unless he spectacularly misplaces his oceans of cash.

I do hope that's cleared it up for you.

Yes, I AM NOT DISPUTING YOUR OPINION...I am simply disagreeing with it...which is how messageboards work. So stop being such an up your own arse cunt!*

*Just MY OWN OPINION, I hasten to add!

I will...I tend to get wound up when people use capitals to make their point at me...hence my 'working class vernacular' reponse.

On the plus side I only meant you're acting like a bit of a cunt in this thread, and that you're not a total cunt ordinarily.

In the main you're a half-decent bloke, who comes across on-line as a bit of a cunt occasionally.

I guess the same traits could be used to describe me as well...;)

Hopefully that will close this 'cuntish' discussion, from my end anyway.

Social media is vital element of the Club's activists both formal and informal
This site gives us a fairly unique opportunity to debate all things Dulwich Hamlet and more
Yes, Disagreements are important
But, surely debate should be carried out with a healthy dose of respect for the other contributors, even when you may disagree

You have to admire that ambition. Last season Bi££ericay average gate was 565. To reach that figure would involve an increase of nearly 400%. Will be intrigued to see what plans he has for attracting that extra 2000 a game through the gate. Looking at admission prices there's nothing overly enticing there, £11 adults, £8 concs (65+ & Students), kids £4.

That said seems to be putting his money where is mouth is on the redevelopment of the ground
Billericay Town's millionaire owner could spend £3.5m on ground

However the thought of a 5000 all seater stadium smacks slightly of the George Reynolds Stadium in Darlington and we all know how that ended

I imagine national press coverage, a reality TV show & big name signings will help, but yes - very ambitious

Elaborate please
Some life long supporters of big teams tend to have a, shall we say, different approach to meeting and greeting opposing supporters at a non league level. Their chants are often different too. A little more aggressive and derogatory at times, some may say. But then you knew that anyway.

this one stuck in the mind, I do quite like your write ups. Your forum posts however...

'I'm tempted even though I fucking hate the fake-half-timbered-Ye-Olde-Essex-Boy-Souped-Up-Shitty-Cars-Tory-Loving-UKIP-Surging-Signal-Box-For-A-Stand place.'

this one stuck in the mind, I do quite like your write ups. Your forum posts however...

'I'm tempted even though I fucking hate the fake-half-timbered-Ye-Olde-Essex-Boy-Souped-Up-Shitty-Cars-Tory-Loving-UKIP-Surging-Signal-Box-For-A-Stand place.'
Sounds like fair comment to me. I really don't like visiting Billericay. Apart from the last trip of course. That was WONDERFUL.

Sounds like fair comment to me. I really don't like visiting Billericay. Apart from the last trip of course. That was WONDERFUL.

Massively prejudice to literally everyone that lives there, but if that doesn't matter to you, fair game!

And that last visit was particularly excellent.

Massively prejudice to literally everyone that lives there, but if that doesn't matter to you, fair game!
It was meant as a light hearted, football-related forum comment designed to be as ephemeral and as forgettable as a cake left out in the rain, not an in-depth socio-economic report on the area.

Back
Top Bottom