Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

This has to be a nice ban/fine for Jamie O'Hara

Billericay Town have been grabbing headlines for the right reasons in the past week, but captain Jamie O’Hara will make them for all the wrong reasons after an altercation with a young fan on Saturday.

Ex-Tottenham and Wolves midfielder O’Hara, 30, joined the seventh tier club in March and last week led the side to cup final success.

But O’Hara was involved in an altercation where he appeared to lash out at a fan on Saturday, following the club’s 3-2 defeat to Leatherhead in the Ryman League Premier Division.

Home supporters chanted “what a waste of money” in the direction of O’Hara after the final whistle, as he made his way down the tunnel.

One young fan appeared to hold out his hand as if to shake O’Hara’s, and as the former England Under-21 international goes to reciprocate, the youngster pulls his hand away.

It’s at that point an unhappy O’Hara makes to grab the youngster with his right hand - to the disgust of the home support.

O’Hara is pulled away by a teammate, before becoming more irate and seeking an altercation with other crowd members.

Eventually, he is ushered down the tunnel by teammates and coaching staff, but the FA could be called into action, depending on the referee's report.

Be interesting when we see more of photos which seem to show a tattooed arm being flung and several Billericay players trying to clamber into the crowd. Looks like Ricky Sappleton struggling to negotiate the fence

Mad, since this fellas took over they must have had more publicity in a week than in their whole history
Makes you wonder if this was a set up, bad publicity is better than none and all that as the saying goes
Not got the tables in front of me but did this mean its almost impossible for the Rikay to now get in the play offs ?
Anybody else think this set up may all end in tears

Is back head near Leatherhead?

billbond For them to make the play-offs two things would have to happen.

No.1 They would have to win their last two games, score at least nine in total and not concede.

No.2 Enfield Town don't score a goal in their last two games and lose them both plus the teams from position six to eight don't win. Also their last game is Away v Needham Market who are 8th. They will not make the play-offs.

One must question why the Leatherhead players & management chose to get involved in this ruckus. Simply could have waited on the pitch whilst the stewards clearly supporters away from the cage area rather than attempting to take on a levred crew that seems to consist of women, kids and old men judging by the picture. Thus Loadsamoney could have avoided getting punched by one of them on his back head and for that matter any other of his heads

Be interesting when we see more of photos which seem to show a tattooed arm being flung and several Billericay players trying to clamber into the crowd. Looks like Ricky Sappleton struggling to negotiate the fence

Makes one wonder what someone's rights to their photos and video are as this video seems to include a lot of the images from the one posted above which included photos that seem to be uncredited along with the original footage from the levred lad

Simply dripping with sincerity and humility.
Glenn Tamplin has released a statement addressing Saturday's incident:
“Following the unsavoury aftermath of Saturday’s game against Leatherhead I deem it necessary to release a statement to establish the Club’s position on the matter,” the Town manager said.

“As Jamie O’Hara, Paul Konchesky and I left the pitch after the game we began to receive a totally unprecedented level of abuse from gathering opposition fans. I was very disappointed to see that there was no protection provided by stewards or officials to grant us safe passage from the field and we were therefore directly confronted by the abusive ‘fans’.

“The three of us were unsurprisingly concerned for our safety and this led to a regrettable incident where Jamie reacted by pushing away a fan because of the abuse of which included him being spat at and things thrown at him.

“As a club and personally the reaction was wholly unacceptable and a most regrettable incident. As I intervened to pull Jamie away I was punched in the back of the head, which underlines the level of abuse and anger being directed towards us.

“As I stated previously Billericay Football Club doesn’t condone any reaction to provocation, be it on or off the field, therefore we have deducted Jamie two weeks wages and made it very clear to him that any future incidents of a similar nature will lead to him being released from the club.

“Having spoken to Jamie this morning and witnessed the sorrow and regret he has in relation to the incident we believe that it was an over exuberant action of self-defence and deem the decision we have made to be suitable punishment.

“Jamie is an extremely dedicated and humble member of our squad and we sincerely hope that the whole unsavoury matter has been concluded as amicably as possible.”

BILLERICAY JAMIE O'HARA
Billericay Fine O'Hara After Tanners Fan Clash - Pitchero Non-League

Sadly no song this time but a few choice lines from Tamplin in his latest pre-match speech video:
  • Something about Snakes and Ladders
  • Channel 5 documentary confirmed
  • James Corden has been on the phone to invite him on Carpool Karaoke with R Kelly

Latest from Tamplin here:

Billericay Town FC: Glenn Tamplin announces plans for next season - Phoenix FM

Key quotes:

“We’ve already spoken to five National Conference players – they’re all coming. We’re speaking to two others, so we’ll have at least seven new players that are better than the seven I’m releasing. I believe the side we have next year will be disgustingly good"

Pray that Tampers remains manager next season.

Back
Top Bottom