Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Footballer Marcus Rashford fights for free school meals

Btw, the ex Tory leader in Scotland, Ruth Davidson, has just referred to the policy as a Milk Snatcher moment!, her and robert halfon get it that we are living in a new paradigm.

she sounded like a Red Tory, going on about her dad being unemployed in the early 90's and her friends getting free school meals.

So pleased about this decision, lets hope we start to see wider Acorn type action on poverty issues.
Don't be taken in by Ruth Davidson. How much did she say about it before this U-turn? She appears to manage a sort of halfway acceptable face of Tory-ism, but .... Actually, no, what happens is that she gets a very easy ride from the media but she's not to be trusted.

Marcus Rashford, on the other hand, appears to be a terrific person.

Ha i was listening to news in the car just now and ten minutes into the program they u turned. They look absolutely ridiculous what a stupid hill to have tried half arsedly to die on. I take comfort in a way from how totally useless they are, can’t even be evil properly as they don’t stand for or believe in anything at all.

Is Scotland doing FSM over the summer break? Bllody hell. I'm sick of Westminster failing to provide things that other countries of the Uk can afford (prescriptions, tuition...).
And why didn't most of the news coverage of Rashford's campaign point out that Scotland and Wales already planned to do this? It might have helped show up Johnson and his crowd for the uncaring bastards that they are.

What’s quite incredible/depressing is the mental gymnastics being performed by people on Twitter/fb/etc in order to not support this. Boris has said no, therefore it must be a bad lefty thing and can’t possibly be considered in any way. Insane.

I wonder what these lot will say now. Borris caved in to a lefty plot to er... feed children.

I wonder what these lot will say now. Borris caved in to a lefty plot to er... feed children.

There may be a lot of crossover between the children needing free meals and those who reportedly have done no school work at all during lockdown.

If so, as they're not doing school work, they can get on their bikes and look for a job, once those restrictive EU child labour laws have been binned.

Ok what do you lot think of this pls:
Just texted with my gent friend about this me saying haha look they are even crap at politics and he thinks I’m being naive, reckons it’s very unlikely that they are so shit at managing their image as to do this by mistake & thinks it’s more plausible they are using this to fill the news cycle and get away with some other noxious policy whilst everyone’s busy with this.

Just texted with my gent friend about this me saying haha look they are even crap at politics and he thinks I’m being naive, reckons it’s very unlikely that they are so shit at managing their image as to do this by mistake & thinks it’s more plausible they are using this to fill the news cycle and get away with some other noxious policy whilst everyone’s busy with this.

ur gent friend needs to cite example of noxious policies they are hiding. Can't be short of ideas with this lot shurely?

No, they are just shit.

Johnson looks like a cunt over this, he could have read the letter yesterday, or even have nanny read a précis and u turned and looked good, but yet again he misjudged the mood quite epically and tried to explain why kids should go hungry. They are hopelessly out of their depth.

He has done it!

He has saved his job and the last tatters of his reputation for a little while longer.
Shaming for Starmer who has done fuck all on this. And for his shadow education person, who is supposed to be the token lefty in New New Labour.

Er, Labour were actually having an ermergency debate today and would have savaged the Tories

I think the shame is on the wider left and the students who now go on the streets at a drop of hat, but were strangely silent on this, as with most poverty issues.

Back
Top Bottom